Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    First off just to be on topic - as other said...why on earth would u want to dump 359 for 353? i thought the difference in numbers was clear enough theseare not raid upgrades, just merely filling slots there were not many option for ( wands for casters, shoulders across the board) + helping ppl to gear up further till the respective raid item drops to replace those.

Now in terms of that wep - again, said above, it cannot be any more obvious that it is a placeholder( as in they took random mace icon+speed and scaled it to Ilvl 353 and droped some nice caster stats on it as a note what they want it to be). Caster weapons are 99% Mian Hand ( with like 2-3 that are not) and the budget for the Spellpower is taken out of the dps . If this remains a mace(abit limited me thinks, more likely to end up a dagger) it will end up with like 1.8 speed and damage like 30-80 (picked those st8 out of my a$$, but u get the point). SO errm....yeah i'd feel really bad if i was enh and i dps'd with that :O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blankspace View Post
    First off just to be on topic - as other said...why on earth would u want to dump 359 for 353? i thought the difference in numbers was clear enough theseare not raid upgrades, just merely filling slots there were not many option for ( wands for casters, shoulders across the board) + helping ppl to gear up further till the respective raid item drops to replace those.

Now in terms of that wep - again, said above, it cannot be any more obvious that it is a placeholder( as in they took random mace icon+speed and scaled it to Ilvl 353 and droped some nice caster stats on it as a note what they want it to be). Caster weapons are 99% Mian Hand ( with like 2-3 that are not) and the budget for the Spellpower is taken out of the dps . If this remains a mace(abit limited me thinks, more likely to end up a dagger) it will end up with like 1.8 speed and damage like 30-80 (picked those st8 out of my a$$, but u get the point). SO errm....yeah i'd feel really bad if i was enh and i dps'd with that :O
    that being said, main atribute can be weapon speed to decide whenether that weapon can be better than equivalent i-lvl, as our attacks are not normalised. Good example is that in tBC sunstrider axe (www.wowhead.com/item=20837), a mear ilvl5 weapon, utperformed most of blie lvl 70 weapons and even a lot of lvl 70 rogue daggers for enha shammy... This was back when getting weapons for enha sahmmy was hard as hell, short of going and grabbing pvp weapons.

And actually, i would love to see blizzard giving more character otions in terms of weapons like that. Say give an equivelent i lvl mace, with 3sec swing timer, but say 10-20% DPS penalty compared to same ilvl 2.6 maces/swords/axes/fists.

Quote Originally Posted by DrMetal View Post
    that being said, main atribute can be weapon speed to decide whenether that weapon can be better than equivalent i-lvl, as our attacks are not normalised. Good example is that in tBC sunstrider axe (www.wowhead.com/item=20837), a mear ilvl5 weapon, utperformed most of blie lvl 70 weapons and even a lot of lvl 70 rogue daggers for enha shammy...
    This is, as far as i know, a wow-urban-legend. No shaman could (imho) ever aquire this axe, as the quests are bloodelf-only.

Edit: If your story would be true, every enhancer would run around with http://www.wowhead.com/item=12621
    Last edited by Pope; 2011-03-12 at 09:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

For most people the intended melee weapon setup should be best. But funnily enough cookie + maimgor sims lower than scepter of power(?mace from heroic Halls) + maimgor. And even then it's definitely no less than ~150 dps.
    So if RNG hates you and you really need an upgrade from say a 316 or something weapon and noone else needs it, go for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    This is, as far as i know, a wow-urban-legend. No shaman could (imho) ever aquire this axe, as the quests are bloodelf-only.

Edit: If your story would be true, every enhancer would run around with http://www.wowhead.com/item=12621
    was not belf only to begin with =P + comarable is an axe with 3.4 from lbrs

also, there was no argument of 2.6 weapons being better than that, there were aarguments about endless amount of shamans using 1.4 and 1.6 daggers in both hands
    Last edited by mmoc18e6c28fd9; 2011-03-12 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blankspace View Post
    F
    Caster weapons are 99% Mian Hand ( with like 2-3 that are not)
    For the record, there isn't a single "One-handed" weapon in the game currently with spell power on it. Also, why would they ever make a dagger and call it a scepter of rights. It's gonna be a mace no doubt.

The argument here is about how much dps that 1800 spell power gives you, it would most likely outweigh the difference in weapon dps when comparing a 353-359. The only way that it would come out to be a dps loss is if the weapon has a lower weapon dps. If the weapon has a normal weapon dps, and spell power on it, it's like double dipping for enhance shamans. If there are still spell power weapons that are simming out better for people, even after the normalization/nerf pass to spell power weapon dps, then this mace will be a slice of heaven for those people.

Because of the fact that wowhead still lists most of the 333+ spell power weapons with their old weapon dps values, then this probably just wasn't changed and had a default itemlevel point budget. Contrary to what you said about spellpower budget, most spell power weapons (at the start of cata) had normal weapon dps as well as normal spell power values. I think it's pretty safe to assume, that from now on until forever, spell power weapons will have very low weapon dps values, because of how many times they have had to change spell power weapons because of enhance scaling problems.

When blizz does something like a pass of all spell power weapons in the game to make them specifically main hand only because of shamans (back in TBC - BT/Sunwell) Then you can tell they are serious about the problem.

15+ Year Old Account
    Isn't it obvious dev accidently used melee weapon as template when doing the item? Abnormally high DPS for caster weapon should be rather clear indicator. And just month or two ago there was blue post that they are closely watching enh shaman and will change mechanics if it seems spellpower weapons start to beat melee weapons. So it would be rather twisted for them to temp enhas with such a high DPS caster weapon that is dual wieldable.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people