Hosting a BWD 25 - what do I need to know?

Hello all

I'm about to start hosting a BWD 25man on my server, and am wondering what advice you can give in terms of raid-makeup and such that I should need? I know the first 3 bosses pretty well, so I'll probably have to look up the other fights. Other than that, what can you all tell me in terms of raid makeup and such?

Thanks
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

In terms of raid make-up, you will probably want:

2 tanks, one of which is preferably a shield-using tank for Maloriak adds.
    6 healers with a decent class spread
    5 - 7 melee DPS depending what is available to you - in general the existing encounters punish bringing an excessive amount of melee
    10 - 12 ranged DPS

You will want at least two competently hit-capped DPS that can interrupt on Omnitron and Maloriak.
    You will probably want at least one Redirect/Tricks.
    Having a couple good mages for Maloriak adds makes them a breeze to tank.
    You'll want at least 1 competent ranged for Searing Breath on Atramedes, and you'll want at least two players with sprints or other gap-openers to kite Atramedes' fire during air phase.
    When I lead raids, I tend to favor making sure the ranged have all the raid buffs available to them but at this point it's almost a forgone conclusion unless you stack 10 mages (or whatever).

Most importantly, if you don't have vent or you are bringing people that are pants-on-head retarded, you're going to have a hard time with your run. Several of the bosses have mechanics that will smack the raid up pretty badly if there is not adequate understanding of them, and being able to communicate that is essential (Omnitron shields, various Magmaw fires to stand in, taunt rotations for Chimaeron, Add releasing for Maloriak, and Atramedes' fire).

Good luck.

A 25 BWD pug is the dumbest thing you could do. Put a 10 man together with 9 other solid players. That would be much better then putting together a 25man

Also, a little tip I picked up from my GM, there's some extra addon to vent that adds auto tune to your voice.

While this does nothing to help the raid itself, people WILL stay in the raid just to hear your screwed up voice yelling "STEP OUT OF THE FIRE ASSHOLES".

^ At least, I stayed while my GM did that Should be helpful if you're doing 25 man, since replacement is a bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Zues View Post
    Also, a little tip I picked up from my GM, there's some extra addon to vent that adds auto tune to your voice.

While this does nothing to help the raid itself, people WILL stay in the raid just to hear your screwed up voice yelling "STEP OUT OF THE FIRE ASSHOLES".

^ At least, I stayed while my GM did that Should be helpful if you're doing 25 man, since replacement is a bitch.
    Where can I get this? it sounds epic.

Deleted
    Unless you know the encounters fairly well, I'd re-think hosting a 25 man pug tbh. Ppl expect an RL to be competent, to know what classes/specs to bring and how to assign ppl. If you don't know what healers/ranged/melee/tanks are supposed to do, it will be hard imo. Cause if/when someone fails, you need to be able to point out the error. Otherwise you'll have 24 ppl pointing fingers at each other.

As someone already suggested, you might wanna consider hosting a 10 man. Cause if you fail as an RL, ppl will leave for sure. Then you have to replace and by the time you replace one, someone else got tired of waiting - you see where I'm going.

It's not to put you down or anything. It's just that's there's alot more to hosting a pug run, than just inviting 24 ppl. And when you're asking for advice for group make up, this tells me you might not be experienced enough to actually lead 24 ppl through BWD tbh.