Which Trinket Now??!!

Hey guys

I asked a few days ago which trinket would be better...alchemist stone or stump of time. The general consensus was hands-down...alchemist stone. Fair enough.

Tonight I scored the Bell of Engaging Resonance. So here are the stats on the 3 trinkets I'm considering:

Stone: +301 Int (red gem JC spec +67 int) with +10 int bonus. Total int = 378, Haste 117, Hit 77 (reforged haste to hit for obvious reasons)

Bell: Critical +321, On equip chance to increase spell power by 1926 for 20 sec

Figurine - Jeweled Serpent: +251 int, On use increase spell power by 1425 for 20 sec

From the looks of it, I'd go with Alchemist Stone...no question. BUT..if you check out EJ as I did, under the warlock simcraft part, it shows the piddly blue figurine - jeweled serpent as best 2nd in slot for the trinkets I have. Then it shows Bell and finally Stone.

I know, I should simcraft it myself..and I will. But I just burned 3 full mana bars on the dummies (I know, not accurate at all) to see what the average DPS would be. I expected the Stone to be best with Serpent and then Bell.

I was right! Stone gave me about 17.5K dps consistently, Bell gave me 16.5K dps, and Serpent gave me 16K dps. I realize the RNG will influence the results but I figured it would come to something like this. But EJ says it shouldn't.

What would YOU do? Oh, I do have Volcano for other trinket so have BiS there.

Best trinkets of the lot you got there? Volcano and stone. Provided you dont need the hit that say the Bell could give your or the stump.

Volcano and H.Bell are the BiS from what ive been lead to believe but you dont have H.Bell yet.

The BiS list presumes that if you equipped the stump you would reforge hit to haste and the hit that is left would be reforged to haste on other gear so effectively it presumes you don't need any of the hit on it. That's why it is ranked fairly low on the list, because there are other non-hit trinkets that are better.

Personally the hit on the stump is too valuable for me to drop right now because I picked up some heroic bracers that have less hit (but the intellect makes them superior to the Pool bracers) and it allows me to use 50 int and lava walker on my bracers and boots respectively, which are superior to the hit enchants. The heroic BiS gearset is not hit capped because of the superior non-hit items (including trinkets) that drop on heroic modes which are better than the hit rep rewards. Once I get enough heroic items the extra intellect/secondary stats will eventually allow me to drop stump because the extra stats will be worth more than the 193 hit or so I'd lose.

My point is, your gearset will determine which trinket is best for you. Make some chardev profiles and sim it.

The reason the JC Figurine is given BiS in EJ thread is that Int and SP are the two best scaling stats for lock, and it provides both.

Whether or not it will actually give you the best DPS is situational.
    Have you ever wondered about if your mom ever kissed you goodnight after giving your dad a blowjob?

You are now.

Deleted
    get DMC:volcano and have fun

Quote Originally Posted by atrocious View Post
    get DMC:volcano and have fun
    Read his last line. He says he already has it and is just asking about his 2nd trinket slot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spaztom View Post
    Hey guys

I asked a few days ago which trinket would be better...alchemist stone or stump of time. The general consensus was hands-down...alchemist stone. Fair enough.

Tonight I scored the Bell of Engaging Resonance. So here are the stats on the 3 trinkets I'm considering:

Stone: +301 Int (red gem JC spec +67 int) with +10 int bonus. Total int = 378, Haste 117, Hit 77 (reforged haste to hit for obvious reasons)

Bell: Critical +321, On equip chance to increase spell power by 1926 for 20 sec

Figurine - Jeweled Serpent: +251 int, On use increase spell power by 1425 for 20 sec

From the looks of it, I'd go with Alchemist Stone...no question. BUT..if you check out EJ as I did, under the warlock simcraft part, it shows the piddly blue figurine - jeweled serpent as best 2nd in slot for the trinkets I have. Then it shows Bell and finally Stone.

I know, I should simcraft it myself..and I will. But I just burned 3 full mana bars on the dummies (I know, not accurate at all) to see what the average DPS would be. I expected the Stone to be best with Serpent and then Bell.

I was right! Stone gave me about 17.5K dps consistently, Bell gave me 16.5K dps, and Serpent gave me 16K dps. I realize the RNG will influence the results but I figured it would come to something like this. But EJ says it shouldn't.

What would YOU do? Oh, I do have Volcano for other trinket so have BiS there.
    I'd sim things rather than 'testing on dummies'

Are you going for the 30% or so haste right now? If not i would sim it tbh. if you are go for the bell.

Most likely sim will come out to be the JC trink then Bell then Stone. Really just try it out in raids.

so every time u get a new piece of gear your going to come on here and ask if its better? not trying to sound rude but come on. if you arent sure if its an upgrade or usable over your current gear than maybe you should pass on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsedict View Post
    so every time u get a new piece of gear your going to come on here and ask if its better? not trying to sound rude but come on. if you arent sure if its an upgrade or usable over your current gear than maybe you should pass on it.
    Heh....I was the only caster in the group. And you're right. Thanks for all the replies above minus the last poster but I'll forgive the response since he's obviously a kid. SO....it all comes to naught since tonight I got the Mirror AND Heart of Ignacious. Looks like I have all the trinkets and put in whatever provides best DPS at that time. After I posted last night, I ran simcraft (100,000 iterations) and it came up alchemist stone by about 200 dps. Looks like I'll be doing the same tonight. Thinking the mirror with my stats at the moment but we'll see...though the haste and sp buff with Heart is pretty nice too.

Anyway, thanks for the input everyone.

Oh, I'm Odyferous on Area 52 (US). Thanks again!

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought Heart of Ignacious was pretty lackluster for locks.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    I thought Heart of Ignacious was pretty lackluster for locks.
    Yea it ranks pretty low

you should go either bell reforge crit to hit or for stump reforge hit to haste or leave it as it is

sorry seem like my post wasnt clear it depend on your other pieces of gear ofc