Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Brown Eye View Post
    I tried to download a torrent via frost wire... (I'm pretty sure it was a bait file, because all the videos only had the opening HBO tv snow logo) I received a cease and desist e-mail that very day, telling me that I had to remove GoT from my machine immediately or risk legal action.

HBO contacted my internet provider, who forwarded the e-mail to me, and Verizon (my internet provider) basically said that when it comes to the law they don't get involved and any further activity they would freely hand over any information about me and my account that HBO asked for...

I kinda shit a brick...
    How on earth would HBO know if you removed it?

Just reply and say "Yep. Done."

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Just saw the first episode right now, just to see what all the hype was about: Gratuitous nudity, children dying, war, incest, & some weird frost ogre monsters..........................I'm hooked already .
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-06-14 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Just saw the first episode right now, just to see what all the hype was about: Gratuitous nudity, children dying, war, incest, & some weird frost ogre monsters..........................I'm hooked already .
    It gets better when they take all that and add political intrigue to the mix

15+ Year Old Account
    Didn't see this mentioned, but GoT has its "Han shot first" version now. Apparently at the end of season 1, one of the heads on the gate was a George Bush head that they used because it was laying around the studio. Its been in the commentary for months now but it blew up on the internet big time last week. Now HBO has pulled that episode from HBO Go to edit that out of the show and has stopped production and distribution of the current DVD and Blu Rays with that scene in order to edit it and re-release the altered version. Yay for overly sensitive morons. No one would have ever known about this had they not mentioned it in the commentary.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Didn't see this mentioned, but GoT has its "Han shot first" version now. Apparently at the end of season 1, one of the heads on the gate was a George Bush head that they used because it was laying around the studio. Its been in the commentary for months now but it blew up on the internet big time last week. Now HBO has pulled that episode from HBO Go to edit that out of the show and has stopped production and distribution of the current DVD and Blu Rays with that scene in order to edit it and re-release the altered version. Yay for overly sensitive morons. No one would have ever known about this had they not mentioned it in the commentary.
    Why does he care, free advertising for Bush right?

Of course you have to wonder why they had a severed GW Bush head lying around in the props department

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Why does he care, free advertising for Bush right?
    I'm sure Bush doesn't care. I'm sure it is nutjobs like the guy at Drudge, Hannity, Rush, etc. that blow everything out of proportion if they can find some offense in it. i don't see how something like that, especially since it wasn't recognizable at all, is more offensive than the bastardization of Lincoln by that Vampire Hunter movie, the constant replaying of Kennedy getting his head blown off, etc. Its just HBO overreacting to a little pressure from people who probably have never heard of the show until that commentary clip got popular. I'm sure that isn't even the only scene of that show or on HBO in general where that head was used. It had to exist for some prior purpose.

10 years ago something like this would just have been called an easter egg and there would be no more discussion about it >.<

I'd really love it if they stood behind the show for this, waving a middle finger to the idiots who are "offended" at something so minor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Of course you have to wonder why they had a severed GW Bush head lying around in the props department
    That's the funny thing. They never said it WAS GWB's head. Just that a member of the crew said it LOOKED like GWB. So they started calling it that.

Even if it was an actual GWB head prop... what's the BFD? Is William Shatner going to pitch a fit that they spray painted a mask of him and used it for Michael Meyers in Halloween?

It's idiotic, knee-jerk, holier than thou reactionary crap like this that makes me not take modern day "conservatives" seriously.

I've pirated every episode this season without trouble, I do have the "channel +" which is the channel that they air it on here but it's a month behind HBO which is a bit annoying.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently Mackenzie Crook has been linked to a few casting rumours, and even spotted out in Belfast with the rest of the crew. If he lands Vargo Hoat...

all my fucking love

take it

Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Deleted
    Such a nice series... Love it

Clive Russell is such a badass.

Well done, HBO.

I love the casting news so much....being reading/watching it closely ever since they announced Dinklage before the pilot. Really looking forward to the rest for s3.
    Profanity is the inevitable linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother%$#@er.
    -
    Jamboro: 110 SPriest, Jamb: 110 Blood DK, Jambori: 110 Prot. Warrior,Jambro: 110 Frost Mage, etc.

Interesting how Season 3 will be told, from what I heard it is going to be 1/2 of book 3? and Season 4 the other half of book 3?

I am almost finished with the third book. The Red Wedding. /cry
    | I5 2500k @ 4.3GHZ 1.33v | Corsair Veng. 1600 DDR3 | Corsair H60| Asus p8z68-v |
    | XFX R9 280x DD| CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair 750 Modular | Razer Naga Molten|

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    That's the funny thing. They never said it WAS GWB's head. Just that a member of the crew said it LOOKED like GWB. So they started calling it that.

Even if it was an actual GWB head prop... what's the BFD? Is William Shatner going to pitch a fit that they spray painted a mask of him and used it for Michael Meyers in Halloween?

It's idiotic, knee-jerk, holier than thou reactionary crap like this that makes me not take modern day "conservatives" seriously.
    Well if it had been Obamas head HBO would have been sued by the NAACP and Sharpton would have been leading protest marches against HBO 5 seconds after it aired. And HBO would have forever been branded as rascist.

As for the "issue" who cares.
    My System
    Ivy Bridge 3570k OC 4.0
    ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Saphire 290
    Mushkin Enhanced Blackline Frostbyte DDR3 1600 8GB

Quote Originally Posted by Alistairr View Post
    Interesting how Season 3 will be told, from what I heard it is going to be 1/2 of book 3? and Season 4 the other half of book 3?

Yeah, the book is just too long to fit into a single season. In the UK the book is split the same way, the season expected to follow a similar layout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistairr View Post

Oh man, the Red Wedding. When that airs . . . lets just say there will be much grief. When I got to that part in the book, I think I reread it about 10 times in disbelief.

"No! You can't kill Robb! NO! YOU CAN'T FUCKING KILL ROBB! GODDAMMIT MARTIN WHY" *sobs*
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2012-07-02 at 09:16 PM.
    Putin khuliyo