So, I believe the series was supposed to only have three books in it, but he decided to make it seven. I looked over the release dates of the different books, and noticed how long time there is between book 3 and 4, and 4 and 5, compared to the first three. I also saw some discussion where some people said that the three first books are far better than A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons. Is that true, or what is your opinion of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    So, I believe the series was supposed to only have three books in it, but he decided to make it seven. I looked over the release dates of the different books, and noticed how long time there is between book 3 and 4, and 4 and 5, compared to the first three. I also saw some discussion where some people said that the three first books are far better than A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons. Is that true, or what is your opinion of it?
    1. Seven books are actually eight, in theory, since the author said books 4 and 5 were supposed to be a single book.
    2. Book 3 is probably the best if you were to judge from the amount of action and turn of events that happen all in all, but 5 has an interesting amount of character development. The amount of ragequit you can have from reading book 3 is way bigger than any other, of course, and that may also be way it's the most interesting so far.
    And yes, it'll be a huge bummer if we have to wait more than 3 years for another book.
    - wyrd bið ful aræd -

I know many that couldn't when they should because they didn't want when they could.

Quote Originally Posted by jotad4 View Post
    1. Seven books are actually eight, in theory, since the author said books 4 and 5 were supposed to be a single book.
    2. Book 3 is probably the best if you were to judge from the amount of action and turn of events that happen all in all, but 5 has an interesting amount of character development. The amount of ragequit you can have from reading book 3 is way bigger than any other, of course, and that may also be way it's the most interesting so far.
    And yes, it'll be a huge bummer if we have to wait more than 3 years for another book.
    We got seven books, but if we combine two of them, we get eight? Da fudge? And A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons was supposed to be one book? Well then, that was quite a long time to wait for the second part of that book, don't you think?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    We got seven books, but if we combine two of them, we get eight? Da fudge? And A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons was supposed to be one book? Well then, that was quite a long time to wait for the second part of that book, don't you think?
    It's one book in the sense that the events of both happen simultaneously. A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons are not nearly as bad as people make them out to be. I just think after the 3rd book people where expecting even more action and a faster plot build up and they were disappointed that instead it slowed down. The last 2 books are probably calm before the storm, which will hopefully come in the next book.

Quote Originally Posted by nektar View Post
    It's one book in the sense that the events of both happen simultaneously. A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons are not nearly as bad as people make them out to be. I just think after the 3rd book people where expecting even more action and a faster plot build up and they were disappointed that instead it slowed down. The last 2 books are probably calm before the storm, which will hopefully come in the next book.
    Slowing down below A Game of Thrones level of slow or...?

Also, if the events happen simultaneously, is it then possible to "shuffle" the books "person chapters" together?

Here is a great interview of "the bastard" talking about the set and filming, pretty neat! Cant wait for April 1st!

10+ Year Old Account
    AMFG its 10 days(ish) till it's on ccaann'tt wwwwwaaaaaiiiiiitttttt

also no matter how many times I see him in stuff I still can't believe it's Kit fucking Harrington in this...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    One more week!!!

"Nowhere to hide"

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

if i have to wait one more day to see S2 first episode im going to be one mad mofo. been trying to hold myself over with season one and book 5 but its just not working out. april fools haul ass and get here now!!@@#!!@#$!#!1111!!!#!!^&!*($*!!

Deleted
    Anyone else überexcited for season 2?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GDX View Post
    Anyone else überexcited for season 2?
    HELL yes just sent my mum a text saying "Winter is Coming: 5 Days left" she had totally forgotten it was back and rung me so she could explode with happy

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Here's something to whet your appetites. I don't think it's spoilery but use your own discretion.

Last edited by Julian Rayne; 2012-03-29 at 08:50 AM.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Varys has an amazing actor. He delivered that paddling line so perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggayshammy View Post
    im going to read the books.. i got a new job that gives me more free time and i need something to do between raid resets
    Haha same, just ordered the first one, reallllly like the whole setting and everything

10+ Year Old Account
    man I LOVE the actor that plays Varys, he's just so.... creepy , one of my favourite scenes from season one was the part with him and Littlefinger in the Throne room. they're talking about loyalty, and although they say nothing overtly hostile, you can just sense the danger in the room, masterfully done.

AMFG 4 DAYS.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    man I LOVE the actor that plays Varys, he's just so.... creepy , one of my favourite scenes from season one was the part with him and Littlefinger in the Throne room. they're talking about loyalty, and although they say nothing overtly hostile, you can just sense the danger in the room, masterfully done.

AMFG 4 DAYS.
    3DAYS AHHHHH But Yeah Varys with Ned in the dungeon "why the realm of course" so awesome. CANNNNT WAIT!

Tyrion Lannister is swaggin' all over the place. Another Emmy in the bag.

What date does it air?
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

April 1st this Sunday!!!

To all of you who have HBO and the episode doesn't air on sunday ( where i live it will air on monday ) don't watch it free on HBOGO or download this baby .
    Let's all tune in on proper air time and give HBO it's ratings , so we can see season 7 before GRRM finishes the books . BA DAM TISS !!
    Last edited by Bucinela; 2012-03-31 at 01:20 AM.