Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I don't understand how people like Jamie, the incest loving, child murdering, sister raping, oath breaker. I hope he dies a horrible death along with his sister by the end of the books.
    I feel like this conversation has been had a million times already, but I'll give my shot at it anyway.

People like him because he at least tries to to the right thing from his perspective. For example, he doesn't push Bran because he wants to kill a kid (his first instinct is to save him from falling), he pushes him because the alternative is risking the death of himself, his sister, and all his children; I think most people would do the same in his position (not that most people would get into that position in the first place, but that's besides the point).

His oathbreaking was also an example of that. Which is worse? Breaking your oath to your king, or letting everyone in King's Landing die at the hands of a lunatic, including your father and his army? I think his response to Caitlyn about conflicting oaths is very on the spot, and I also think that breaking his oath in that situation is as close to an inherently good, selfless act as you come in this series; he does even though it will make him hated by all, he will be written into the history books as a honorless traitor, and he'll probably be executed for it (though luckily for him he wasn't).

It's hard to say what Jamie'd do if he was in any position of actual power, but I bet that (if his aversion to responsibility didn't make him neglect his duties, and his lack of guile didn't get him killed) he'd be a better person for that position than most the series' characters, including Daenerys, who is about as intelligent as a log and seems to derive actual pleasure from killing defenceless civilians and her own servants, spurred on as she is by the notion that she's morally superior to those she's killing so that makes it okay for her to murder them. She's happy to kill not for some greater good, but for the pleasure of it; that's evil. She has killed far more people than Jamie too (not even counting the ones her armies have killed in combat), and people call him a bad guy.

The only thing about Jamie's character I haven't liked has been when he killed his cousin, which is, from the perspective of what should be his priorities (family above all), about the only unrepentantly evil thing he's done so far, and which honestly didn't make any sense to me when he did it (and which didn't happen in the books so I honestly don't understand why they made him do it in the TV series, other than just to force him into a 'kick the dog' moment so that people would hate him in spite of his dashing good looks; it was an act extremely incongruent with his character).

If it wasn't for that he's been in love with his sister since he was a kid (the incestuous relationship with which causes all his deplorable behaviour), he'd probably be one of the unambiguous heroes of the story instead of an anti-hero.
    Last edited by Simulacrum; 2014-06-04 at 02:48 PM.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    It's hard to say what Jamie'd do if he was in any position of actual power, but I bet that (if his aversion to responsibility didn't make him neglect his duties, and his lack of guile didn't get him killed) he'd be a better person for that position than most the series' characters, including Daenerys, who is about as intelligent as a log and seems to derive actual pleasure from killing defenceless civilians and her own servants, spurred on as she is by the notion that she's morally superior to those she's killing so that makes it okay for her to murder them. She's happy to kill not for some greater good, but for the pleasure of it; that's evil. She has killed far more people than Jamie too (not even counting the ones her armies have killed in combat), and people call him a bad guy.
    I bet Daenerys is the moron cousin. She acts so unbelievably stupid it's not even real. I liked her in the first seasons because well.. dragons!! But her actions are unreasonable and very questionable. I mean yes: slavery is about as bad as it gets. But sometimes you actually have to answer injustice with mercy.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anagram View Post
    Nope , i like the show that's why i rant a bit about it or else i wouldn't care how it goes , i saw an interview where GRRM said that a book has 600 pages long and a season script has like 60 pages long, that's what bothers me, if you try and cram 600 pages into 60 pages at least put eveything important that you can in those 40-ish minutes of each episode . I could live without seeing that dude make a bank loan like he was in a "day in the life of Stanis " documentary or that woman belching or the mother of dragons scenes in this episode for example and exchange them for something more interesting from the book which i am sure they exist.
    Uh... it's an HBO show dude. 60 full minutes, no commercials.

Stanis' banking scene in Braavos is the one you're hating on, right?

You definitely never read the books and you definitely have no friends who read the books. I'm done with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    Also this:

Holy shit! That's awesome! That's really local to me! :O I think I may just go this Sunday and next if I can get off work!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

prepare for next episode Jaime doesn't have choice but escape with tyrion and than with no place in 7 kingdoms they become pirates, he replaces golden hand for golden hook, and become fearsome Captain golden hook.

I love how in the reaction video, there's a collective groan when Oberyn doesn't just finish off the Mountain, and instead tries to force a confession from him. They knew that's a classic mistake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ærion View Post
    His ways set off the entire story? What? You obviously have no idea what you're talking about, and you're delusional if you honestly believe a single person set the stage for the whole shitfest that is ASoIaF. And she wasn't bloody raped anywhere, that was a manipulative touch by the producers to make you feel sorry for her. Cersei started the whole incest bullshit because of her own moronic (read: emotional) reasons.

Whatever, read the effin books if you want real exposition, you'll be the better for it. But then, I don't think most series watchers want or know how to read... (yeah I went there)
    I've read the books, and I never said HE (as in one person) set the stage for everything. I said his and Cersei's profane relationship is one of the keys to "setting the stage" in you words, which is entirely true.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Well....that was probably the most horrific thing I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by wildemu View Post
    I have to say, the creators are really getting out of line with the use of gore, especially this season. It devalues the nature of the material and they were pushing for shock at the end of tonight's episode. It was disgusting and unnecessary.

Not surprisingly, the show is at its strongest when it sticks to Martin's material, and at its worst when the showrunners put their spin on it.
    Welp, no offense, but you clearly did not read the books. The nature of the material tends to include very gory scenes in a deeper context. Especially with Oberyns death. Be honest... even knowing GoT you did not expect him to get destroyed like that, did you? Its a damn shocking scene for just that purpose. I do agree it was disgusting... unnecessary? Maybe... But anything less on the other Hand would not further emphasize on what kind of a monster Gregor Clegane is, and that actually has a point as well which i wont spoil (even tho there is not that much to spoil as the books are still vague about his later purpose as well).

Its actually WORSE in the books, which is why im sure you did NOT read it. You know what the Mountain does to him there? He not only does the eye-thing but he downright SMASHES his BRAIN out of his head. LITERALLY and i am not exaggerating.
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2014-06-04 at 05:13 PM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    How in the hell is he decent? His incestual ways are one of the keys to setting off this entire story, everything he's done, from joining the king's guard to attempted murder of a child has been so he can fuck his sister some more, and when she finally says no, he rapes her in a church practically on top of their dead (born of incest) son

Jaime 'raping' Cersei is not the first time it has been like this. Go back to the first time we see them having sex, she is also a little reluctant, I just think it is how she plays the game.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Jaime 'raping' Cersei is not the first time it has been like this. Go back to the first time we see them having sex, she is also a little reluctant, I just think it is how she plays the game.
    Is that what they said in the book. I only had a feeling she had a problem with it once she saw the wittle pre-crippled Bran. Bronn? Brun? Bro?
    "A flower.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Is that what they said in the book. I only had a feeling she had a problem with it once she saw the wittle pre-crippled Bran. Bronn? Brun? Bro?
    I don't remember in the book, but look at the first scene when you see Jaime with her. It is not one of those things that is easily detectable or said explicitly but I think it is there.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    I had to steal this and post it to Facebook, had a few people say too soon. Couldn't help myself, too damn clever.
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    He should have just done the helicopter:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalira View Post
    He should have just done the helicopter:

I laughed at this way more than I should have.

Also, this is how it should have really ended:

Heh... denial indeed. I was still denying even up until the point when his eyes were getting pushed in... I was like eh, he can be blind... maybe he'll still pull a dagger out of somewhere and smash it into the mountains head. Then he didn't really have a head anymore and... yeah.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    Heh... denial indeed. I was still denying even up until the point when his eyes were getting pushed in... I was like eh, he can be blind... maybe he'll still pull a dagger out of somewhere and smash it into the mountains head. Then he didn't really have a head anymore and... yeah.
    Yea =/ Made me have a sad.

I really hope against hope that Tyrion somehow survives...

The Mountain needs to get his.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2014-06-05 at 08:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I never knew this, but acording to this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...l-Studios.html Kit Harington (Jon Snow) was dating Rose Leslie (Ygritte) in real life. But they broke up and now he is seeing Emilia Clarke (Daenerys)... I think they need to rethink that line about Jon Snow knowing nothing...because he certainly knows something that I don't!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    Have to mention that I reported you, there's absolutely retarded major spoiler in your signature field.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonon Jakuzure View Post
    I never knew this, but acording to this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...l-Studios.html Kit Harington (Jon Snow) was dating Rose Leslie (Ygritte) in real life. But they broke up and now he is seeing Emilia Clarke (Daenerys)... I think they need to rethink that line about Jon Snow knowing nothing...because he certainly knows something that I don't!
    Huh, okay. I might have heard about this, thought it was a rumor when I heard of it though.