So with robs action in the last episode. I don't think the frays are going to be to pleased with him right? if my memory is correct; he made a deal with their lord? and pretty much broke it. Not only that the whole guys son getting killed by Jamie thing never really went anywhere. kind of disappointed in this ep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I'd say this episode was predominantly building up the massive climaxes to come in episodes 9 and 10. Stannis vs King's Landing in 9 and how Theon will fare against Roose Bolton's bastard (along with the rest of north which wants him dead), respectively.

That Talisa/Robb scene was pretty bad though. I really tuned out when she was monologuing on and on about something or other (her brother?); Robb breaking his oath to the Freys was much more powerful (and believable) when he was injured and grief-stricken over Theon killing Bran and Rickon.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-05-21 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Yeah, I'd say this episode was predominantly building up the massive climaxes to come in episodes 9 and 10. Stannis vs King's Landing in 9 and how Theon will fare against Roose Bolton's bastard (along with the rest of north which wants him dead), respectively.

That Talisa/Robb scene was pretty bad though. I really tuned out when she was monologuing on and on about something or other (her brother?); Robb breaking his oath to the Freys was much more powerful (and believable) when he was injured and grief-stricken over Theon killing Bran and Rickon.
    agreed

/10chars

She'll probably be Tyrion's false lover whom Cersei abducts and brutalizes in an episode or two.

Joff could redeem himself if he blasted her with that new crossbow of his. >.<
    Good call on that BTW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahaha, vindication. Delicious vindication.

10+ Year Old Account

Agreed. Oona Chaplin is very easy on the eyes, and very likeable. But I wonder sometimes if D&D even read the books. They're trying to "improve" on motivations where no improvement is needed.

so i went on wikipedia and read the synopsis for the books and i really hope they dont follow the books exactly in terms of who dies
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.4GHz | Asetek 550LC 120MM Watercooler | MSI Z97 PC MATE | XFX Radeon R9 390X 8GB | ADATA 16GB DDR3-2133MHz XPG V3 |
    1TB WD Caviar Blue | 128GB Sandisk Z400S SSD | NZXT Phantom 410 | EVGA 750W SuperNova G1 80+ GOLD | External 2TB WD Elements

15+ Year Old Account
    Call it a hunch, but I'm sure Bronn and Davos will square off during the Blackwater.
    Did Davos even leave his ship in the book? And if he leaves his ship how is he going to be washed out onto the rocks he is stranded on at the beginning of Storm?

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Agreed. Oona Chaplin is very easy on the eyes, and very likeable. But I wonder sometimes if D&D even read the books. They're trying to "improve" on motivations where no improvement is needed.
    Meh I thought it was an improvement frankly. Jeyne Westerling felt like a flat, nothing character, then again so did Robb, in the books. I would rather get some back story that actually fives motive to a character who is likely going to have a role of some importance in the future assuming she did escape Riverrun in the books which we are yet to know. I would rather have the Robb character show some humanity in acting on his lust for her leading to his vows rather than him being sad/angry so he banged some chick and married her. Makes him more humanized like this.

---------- Post added 2012-05-21 at 03:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kaamila View Post
    so i went on wikipedia and read the synopsis for the books and i really hope they dont follow the books exactly in terms of who dies
    Oh they are going to. All the deaths are like THE key plot points in every single book. Almost every single major plot event is tied around one character or another dying. Not killing even a single one of them would unravel an incredibly complex story. The only major, major deaths are the King in the North (Robb), King in the South(Joff), Warden of the West (Tywin), and Cat.All of those play significant roles in the novels.

The only part I haven't like this season is the lack of mention about the relationship between Ghost and Jon. Hell Ghost hasn't even been seen or mentioned in the last two-three episodes. By this point Jon should have had his first major event with Ghost Seeing the Wildling camp through his eyes and the Eagle attack unless they are moving that to after his capture. Glad they finally had the dragon glass scene this week though.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-05-21 at 07:11 PM.

I dunno the last few episodes have been 5/10 at best for me. This lovey dovey relationship scene with tyrion and cersei was abysmal two episodes ago. Stick to the books guys. They are fantastic by comparison. Season one great. If season three is anything like this season so far I may not watch it.

Deleted
    It was an okay episode. Wouldn't rate it as high as the eps before, but it really felt like calm before the storm. Next week's episode will hopefully blow everybody's minds.

Could it be that Jeyne Westerling's , Cat's , Rob's and Jaime's arcs were cut off for budgetary reasons vis-a-vis Riverrun ? I don't know , probably not .Anyway as mentioned above , this episode was the calm before the storm , considering the next will be focused on blackwater , there will be a lot of amazing script going into the 10th.
    I must say that i am rather curious about how Bran's trip in the north will unfold without the Reeds , also i always thought there was a spark there between Bran and Meera that will ignite eventually in the upcoming books .

Edit : I really think that many have come to expect from every single minute of this show absolute perfection , being awed at virtually every scene .Look at all the crap that is considered good atm out there on tv guys , because comparing Game of thrones with Game of thrones is admission to it's very real quality .
    Last edited by Bucinela; 2012-05-21 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Did Davos even leave his ship in the book? And if he leaves his ship how is he going to be washed out onto the rocks he is stranded on at the beginning of Storm?
    He did, kind of; I can recall Davos jumping across a few ships to fight off Lannisters, but apparently a lot of the fighting will be after Stannis's fleet lands, so there might be time enough for some familiar faces to clash. Tyrion's right-hand-man and Stannis's one would be a good match-up.

The trailers also show Stan himself running in at the front, which is... interesting. And a little badass.

Didnt mr onion sorry ser onion end up stranded on a rock after his ship went down, and lost another son?

And how i black that out lol
    Last edited by Osskssa; 2012-05-22 at 02:47 AM.

And how i black that out lol
    you use spoiler tags:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I am just saddened with Dany's part in the second season, the whole season Pyat Pree talks about the house of the undying and the dragons aren't shown that much. Apparently they're stolen and are locked in the house of the undying. Ayra's part in the tv is pretty interesting, we get to see Tywin more. But I am afraid no Weasel Soup. I wish we could see Merra though.. but oh well. I wonder how Jamie will get is head shaved off? AND WHY ISN'T CAT WITH HER FATHER?

Besides that, I love the TV series as I do the book. I hope the next two episodes are great and HBO continues. The parts with Brienne and Jamie is as funny as the books. "You are even uglier in daylight!"
    | I5 2500k @ 4.3GHZ 1.33v | Corsair Veng. 1600 DDR3 | Corsair H60| Asus p8z68-v |
    | XFX R9 280x DD| CM Storm Enforcer | Corsair 750 Modular | Razer Naga Molten|

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm realizing I'm more of a book purist than I thought I was. Lol
    Season 2 has taken so many liberties to change things that didn't need changing, mostly.
    While I can still objectively look at the television series and realize its great, I can't help from scratching my head thinking it could be absolutely amazing if some things weren't changed. The medium requires it, but some are just done to be done, and butterfly effects will keep happening because of it.

Still, I'm loving the season and eagerly await the next episode that GRRM wrote. Bring on the Blackwater!

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

I love that they're changing things. I already know the story; I'm curious to see what people who work with GRRM can do with it.

correct me if im wrong but Robb never learned about Theon killing Bran and Rickon. all he knows is that Theon holds winterfell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimp View Post
    correct me if im wrong but Robb never learned about Theon killing Bran and Rickon. all he knows is that Theon holds winterfell.
    He knew in the books though, which provides a more "personal" catalyst to why Robb would jump in bed with the first girl he sees, and then marry her because that's apparently the smart thing to do. It was an incredibly dumbass move in the books (the latter bit, anyway), too, but it was... a little more believable, given his rather tragic circumstances and belief in "honour."

We didn't really see that here. He just happened to have a hardon.

I mean, this isn't the last we'll hear of Robb breaking his marriage pact. It's going to have some pretty massive consequences down the line, which is why I'm disappointed we didn't get the full sympathetic build up.

I'm really not a book purist (I got over Jaime bludgeoning Alton to death with a rock, for example x.x), but that's one change that just wasn't needed.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-05-22 at 11:14 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    He did, kind of; I can recall Davos jumping across a few ships to fight off Lannisters, but apparently a lot of the fighting will be after Stannis's fleet lands, so there might be time enough for some familiar faces to clash. Tyrion's right-hand-man and Stannis's one would be a good match-up.

The trailers also show Stan himself running in at the front, which is... interesting. And a little badass.
    Have they even mentioned The chain on the show? I would be pretty disappointed if they cut that completely. I thoroughly enjoyed that tactic in the book since it killed their naval advantage completely. Fighting on land rather than having the sea battle part is certainly going to be way, way, way more budget friendly and they are already going to blow most of their budget on the next two episodes anyways.

High budget scenes that should exist in the last two episodes:
    Giants riding mammoths as seen through wolf vision
    The Qarth docks
    The House of the Undying scene with dragons plus it being burnt down by a dragon
    Blackwater with dragonfyre, burning ships, etc
    Whatver happens at Winterfell

The last two episodes probably cost more than the rest of the season combined lol.

---------- Post added 2012-05-22 at 10:48 AM ----------

We didn't really see that here. He just happened to have a hardon.
    And now he will marry her for the exact same reason he married Jeyne in the books, because he feels it is the honourable thing to do. Nothing really changes at all. The only possible change is the potential deals that were made to return her to her Lannister sided family after Robb's death No clue how the resolve that issue which could be a big deal for the North and Winterfell in the last two books.