Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Undocumented Raid Changes

Initially I didn't think a thread like this was needed since it was only a mechanic or two here and there but the increase in random changes last night changed my mind. I'll try to keep this updated with all the new undocumented hotfixes that hit every week or so. If you happen to notice one post it and if I can get a couple confirmations on it I'll update this post. There's been quite a few changes to all encounters over the last month or so but I'm going to start with the latest since I'm sure the rest are fairly common knowledge.

March 23rd

Bugs

- Atramedes air phase is targeting those with Pests on them instead of Tracking (25 & 10) (Fixed)

March 15th

Blackwing Descent

- Heroic Magmaw: Seems to have stopped spawning Constructs on the melee (25 & 10) (Blue confirmed)
    - Heroic Magmaw: Bone Construct HP reduced by roughly 25% (25 & 10)
    - Heroic Omnitron: HP reduced by roughly 15% (25 & 10) (Blue confirmed)
    - Heroic Nefarian: Constructs seem to have regained the ability to hit while moving (mixed confirmation on this)

Bastion of Twilight
    - Heroic V&T: Blackout appears to be doing around 20-25% less damage (Is this still true even with the below?)
    Valiona and Theralion overall damage and health has been reduced by roughly 10% on Heroic difficulty. In addition, Twilight Zone no longer increases damage taken from Rift Blast.
    - Heroic V&T: Less adds in the Twilight realm (10 & 25)

Throne of the Four Winds

Updates

3.17.2011 - Updated list against Blizzards newly released hotfix list.
    Last edited by Hybred; 2011-03-29 at 08:45 AM.

Can confirm that nefarian adds are still bugged on our realm atleast.
    Can also confirm slower add spawn rates inside twilight realm.

P.S. Don't derail this thread like the last one.. please :O

10+ Year Old Account
    The other thread was more of a statement of the nerfs not so much a informational thread like this one. They've been happening for awhile but this is the first batch that had a significant amount.

H magmaw 10 constructs had the same health yesterday, 1.8~ million. Not sure about adds in melee

After the initial thread today I went to all the bosses I could get access to and didn't see any HP change... Omnitron had 41 million, Halfus had his ~55million, Halfus drakes had 5.8 million, Magmaw had ~38 million.

10 man heroic of course.

This just in, going totally off topic about how much Blizz sucks and are succumbing to corporate greed and a mass monopoly in the tinfoil hat market will earn you an infraction. Keep this to undocumented changes. Try to be as clear as possibly about any possibly observed changes.

can confirm the heroic omnotron and magmaw changes.

Magmaw Heroic construct adds have had their health reduced by 25% on both difficulties, not just 25 man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allright, updated.

Did H magmaw 03/15/11 and had constructs spawn in melee.
    Nef adds have always hit you while moving, I thought? Why wouldn't they? I'm the nef tank so I am kind of curious about this.

Everything else, confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Nef adds have always hit you while moving, I thought? Why wouldn't they? I'm the nef tank so I am kind of curious about this.

I believe that one too..i haven't actually noticed if they need to stop to start hitting the tank >.> not that i care much. i just dps :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post

In addition, on Heroic difficulty, Nefarian will now prefer ranged targets when spawning Blazing Bone Constructs.
    Looks like most of these changes are confirmed by the recent Blizzard post. Updated. Also, can anyone confirm Blackout specifically is doing less or did the 10% across the board make it appear to?
    Last edited by Hybred; 2011-03-17 at 04:29 AM.

Parasites had their HP reduced as well on Magmaw(~180k -> 130k on 10man), and the Magma Spit damage reduction mentioned in the blue post appears to be about 25-30%... He's pretty nuetered.

Deleted
    Confirming nef adds fixed. (they were bugged before hybred - only just fixed)
    Confirming magmaw adds not spawning in melee
    Redd: The parasites have been at 130k for quite a while now, at least 3 weeks or so....

Nefarian adds were still bugged for us last night.
    "Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were."
    Juseeh
    T11 WR: 115, T12 WR: 45, T14 WR:44, T15 WR:37, T16: WR:28

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah obviously them not being able to hit was not intended. Still getting mixed info on whether or not it's fixed though..

So any1 gave magmaw 10 hc a Try post nerf? How much easier is He now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malic View Post
    So any1 gave magmaw 10 hc a Try post nerf? How much easier is He now?
    All I can say is we had our first real attempts on him after 2 weeks of attendance issues, and killed him within an hour. Not a very satisfying kill.

edit: the best thing we got out of it was some lols when after being chained he collapsed towards the lava instead of on the spike. Dem bugs, they should've stayed in beta..
    Last edited by mmoc4e12ba5ccd; 2011-03-17 at 12:29 PM.

For those who have killed Oni and Magmaw post-hotfix --- how do they now rank in difficulty against Chim, Maloriak and Atramedes?

Deleted
    Magmaw has become a breeze, pretty much.