Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Directed at the original post;

It's a bad thing, that we're spending less time doing the trivial things? Oh wow.

We might aswell go back to horseriding instead of using cars.

Deleted
    I agree with the OP the interface has removed the world in world of warcraft. It's now just a hub game with portals to important instances. The world itself is only used for like 5% of the game nowadays.

But I think WoW is far from ruined.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katsuga View Post
    Well........ you are still a Dranei sooo..... :P. And besides why does everyone have to turn threads like this into an intelecutal flame war?
    "Pseudo-intelectual flame war", rather. Since the whole argument here seems to be wholly subjective, thus impossible to really discuss. Some people liked it in the snow, some prefer to get to the "meat" at the press of a button. Arguing over whose viewpoint is superior is like discussing whether one prefers blondes or brunettes - it's wholly subjective, felt on an emotional, not cerebral level, and at the end of the day no-one is convinced and only post counts increase.

Guess it's good though for some, as a pastime and if one would be into attention... seeking. "Doesn't matter if they hate me, if only they talk about me". Or "reply to my posts" in this case.

However... I'm not vanilla, I'm TBC player, which still counts as "of yore" days when taunts were melee range with long-ass CD and only warriors could MT Illidan. And to all you "LFG promoted socializing" I'll say: clefthoof-poop. You had to spam lfg and trade for like 30 min, and barely anyone could be bothered to run an instance because questing was easier. And while you were spamming, rather than talk in party chat people were each grinding their own boars and staying quiet, hoping they won't be the one who'll be asked to be "one more to the stone". All it took was time, time and more time. There was no involvement, just "grinding" of LFG then a few min AFK while the gryphon was flying to Netherstorm... and hoping nobody leaves. All this flying was fun the first time, after that it was just 20 min half-AFK, which you may not have to spare when you just want to run an instance or BG. Timesinks.

Don't get me started about how dead pre-tbc instances were, I ran every single one besides DMN and LBRS while leveling my first character, but it took forever to get a group... and no-one wanted to go there, that content was dead to people. "LF2m for Stratholme, DPS!" "WTF? go 2 outlands noob!" was the most common answer. Or about running SFK as Alliance, when it took 40 min to get a group, then it turned out no-one but me has the flight path at that level. Good times? I think not. These days I'm getting groups for Dire Maul and full Scholomance runs. These places are alive again, and I couldn't be happier than with the LFD system.

Bottom line is... people who like it, will like it for reasons many stated. People who don't, will not come to like it, most likely - for reasons of their own. Play what you like, but why so much complaining? You won't convince anyone.
    Last edited by mmocd2effbd770; 2011-03-20 at 01:03 PM.

Next patch we will be able to see on our mini map which party member we have on target.
    This is totally ruining World of Casualcraft.
    They also bring back old instances with different bosses and loots I am so pissed that I will open a new post and cry about it while Gms don't give a shit about my opinion cause I'm *******(auto-censure win) retarded and I keep QQing after every blue posts i read.

Cmon just enjoy the game and stop crying about everything.

Hardcore vs Casual

Be carefull with that "f*** hardcore" stuff, hardcore players are dynamics of servers, if they pissed enough to leave for a more challenging game; WoW in current state will collapse. If there is no or little difference bettween a player who spends more than 5 hours in a day and who plays some days max 2 hours; hardcore players will simply leave. Dont make it extremely casual friendly to a level where every player can get what they want with little efort, when hardcore players are gone there will be huge nerfs to content and game changes to an extreme user friendly mode where you can find your self playing mediaval Sims.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yelbegen View Post
    Be carefull with that "f*** hardcore" stuff, hardcore players are dynamics of servers, if they pissed enough to leave for a more challenging game; WoW in current state will collapse. If there is no or little difference bettween a player who spends more than 5 hours in a day and who plays some days max 2 hours; hardcore players will simply leave. Dont make it extremely casual friendly to a level where every player can get what they want with little efort, when hardcore players are gone there will be huge nerfs to content and game changes to an extreme user frindly mode where you can find your self playing mediaval Sims.
    It would take A LOT for the entirety of the hardcore scene to just pick up and leave.

As long as there are heroic encounters, and as long as "World/Server First" still means something, there will be enough players. And then some.

Also, remember that the casual crowd outnumbers the hardcore crowd by quite a margin. Would the game collapse if all the hardcore players stopped playing? I don't think so. It would take a hit, but it wouldn't even be near a collapse.

10+ Year Old Account
    imo u can still look in trade chat for ppl and fly there without needing to use the LFD tool ( you can even go there with a groundmount , cause flying mounts ruined the game to right?. You wanna quest without just pressing M & going there? then read the quest and don't use the map. U wanna farm longer on reps? don't equip tabards etc....

As far as i can see blizzard is not forcing u to use them

My mind just exploded.

Seriously.

I don't see the point for this complain threat every additional feature in UI is good for player.
    For the Greater Good.
    www.allods.eu

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Until this I actually thought you were a REAL Vanilla player.
    no doubt, remember getting camped while waiting on your que?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aestu View Post
    Because it is a game and it is meant to be fun. If you try to minimize the time you are spending on an activity that is supposed to be fun because you do not enjoy the time you spend doing it, then perhaps you should re-examine why you are engaging in the activity in the first place.
    Or perhaps because I want the little time that I can spend on the game to have some reward instead of being fruitless.
    I don't remember saying anything about trying to spend less time on the game/not enjoying it, so either you cant read or your projecting so hard you can show off powerpoint presentations.

content is supposed to equal progress.
    Last edited by mmocdfc394253c; 2011-03-20 at 02:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    you can chose to not using I or H and so on...

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Also, remember that the casual crowd outnumbers the hardcore crowd by quite a margin. Would the game collapse if all the hardcore players stopped playing? I don't think so. It would take a hit, but it wouldn't even be near a collapse.
    Its not about numbers. Hardcore players made internet sites about this game and so game gained internet popularity, what do you you think gonna happen when same support goes to a different game? Even this site will become a desert. More to leave try that new one and no more new palyers to this one. Probably Blizzard will change payment strategy, it will be same as other MMO's where you can buy stuff with real money. "do you want Mimiron's Head? ok, pay 10 euro and its yours"
    Less lore stuff, casuals mostly dont care about lore, there will be new content with little lore. Just some pixels that gives you new loot.
    AH will be a desert, no more farmers or no more demands on farmers stuff. Hey then you will be at a point where you can buy it with real money.
    No one to explain new stuff to casuals, no more carrying newbeis through dungeons. 5 casuals that never been in thst new dungeon before and have no preparation, not internet support where hardcores explains all tricks, walkthroughs in their sites. Whats gonna happen? It will be nerfed to a level where mobs throwing you candies and all you have to do is press 1 to eat them and 2 to throw back.
    You can make tons of example about this.
    This game will collapse and will turn in to a mediaval Sims if Blizzard do not flatter enough to hardcore players egos.

Quote Originally Posted by Aestu View Post
    Such as...?

If players could get the rewards from instances being completely AFK through them with no fear of being vote kicked (and disregarding the social implications)...to put it another way, like setting the timer on a microwave and walking away and coming back 30m later and getting your hot meal, or loot...how many do you think would do it?
    Such as Leveling, such as rep grinding just to name a few... again these are thing specific to me, they change for others.

If players could get rewards by being AFK in any game they would do it, if they could level by spamming /trade they would. If there is an easier route people usually take it. I am not entirely sure where you were aiming for with that argument?

Right, it wasn't fun. But that's a levelling quest, and I think we'd agree that grinds are a necessary evil that should be kept to a minimum. WoW is endgame based, and by this analogy, you're arguing that the endgame itself need not be fun. Why play an endgame based game for a non-fun endgame if only to obtain the internal rewards? What's the point of the game itself if not fun in the playing?
    So your saying leveling isn't supposed to be fun? Wow is not entirely end based as this is obvious by the complete re-vamp of the questing experience 1 - 60. Blizzards goal is to make all aspects of the game fun for people and usually between PvP, Dungeons, Raids, Questing, Achievments there is something for someone... so if someone isn't enjoying Raiding they have a plethora of other options rather then being forced to do something they don't like.

WoW is endgame based, and by this analogy, you're arguing that the endgame itself need not be fun?
    This is a real gem... you make a statement ( bolded ) and then adjust my opinion as if I'm reflecting your statement then ask me a question in regarding to me reflecting the statement you just made up. I am not arguing endgame need not be fun, I have never made such a statement or anything close to it. If you want to have a dicussion then lets discuss, don't try to make up arguments for me and then defeat fictional arguments * sigh *

Another poster blinded by nostalgia, boring.

While simply queuing up for everything in any major city through the UI may remove the "world" part of the game it's nothing I will mourn although I do miss it a little. Really since the whole traveling to the dungeon/battleground entrance etc provided no actual challenge or meaningful game play it was just time wasted literally doing nothing. If traveling had actually been hard or challenging through say difficult monsters being common that could easily kill you and with harsh and meaningful death penalties, however since WoW was never designed around such things it was entirely meaningless filler. Just as an example I spent most of that time traveling either afk on a flight path or just auto running tabbed out, which got even easier with the flying mounts in TBC removing any threat what so ever to the afk traveler be it through mob or player.

Yeah! I hate the new stuf to!

Its so usefull and fun,
    I HATE USEFULL AND FUN stuf!

Juck!

They should just remove everything and let you guess where everything is and how much hp/mana you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdris View Post
    Excessively negative people have ruined the game.
    do you blame them? things like one year of ICC is the cause of there negativity

but meh,the raids out now havent been out long enough to pull the "im negative cuz im tired of running the same raid everyweek for weeks on end".if theres anything to complain about its the fact that the encounters are harsh to melee dps

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The WoW interface is one of the most important things keeping WoW ahead of the competition - despite the fact that they came up with the idea of a modable interface API (and had enough support for it in beta that there existed a plethora of release-day mods) more than six years ago.

OP is either trolling or completely retarded. Seriously.
    Narfwak - Elemental Shaman
    <FH>
    Black Dragonflight-US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfwak/advanced

15+ Year Old Account
    Okay, enough bashing of the OP.

Locked.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines