Thread: Ferocious Bite

Ferocious Bite

Im leveling up my Feral Druid and I have been kinda confused about how Bite works. Since I have been getting random big hits and then i get a 5cp bite that only does 700 dmg.

Since it says it converts up to 35 energy to increase damage by up to 100% i let my energy pool to 70, yet I never see it use the extra 35 energy.

Just wondering if im not seeing something that causes it to hit those big 7k (lvl 64) crits and do a crit of 3k the next

Deleted
    If you have a glyph will not convert extra energy

I don't have the glyph

Deleted
    tiger's fury active?

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    tiger's fury active?

It is not, but sometimes i see the energy actually being used (the extra 35) other times i have the energy pooled up and it only does the 3k (without it using up the extra 35)

10+ Year Old Account
    If its not glyphed and its not using the extra energy then you should report a problem. If it works sometimes and other it doesn't, well I'm not sure what to tell you. I'd still report it if what your saying it true.

15+ Year Old Account
    did you have omen of clairity proc ?

if omen procs the inital 35 enegegy of the bite will cost 0 but it will stil use 35 extra, resulting in what you are experiencing

about the damage, yes it is quite weird (i am not sure about your level) but at a certain level it gains like 25% chance to crit so sometimes you get a nice huge cirt whit the 2.2 dmg modifier we cats have and sometimes you get like only less then half, and this also depends on the energy becase if you are 35 enegery or at 70 it will do double its damage.

so depending on your energy pool and wheter or not it crits it can do about 4 times more damage then a normal non crit FB whit 35 energy

(while leveling you dont need to pile up energy tho, you cna jsut do mangle mangle mangle bite and goto next mob :P)
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2011-03-22 at 07:58 AM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    I have the same problem. Most of the time i will wait until i have around 50 energy to Bite but when i do bite i am left with 15 energy (which means it didnt use any extra energy). I also notice some FB crits, critting for around 5-6k (im 68 with the level 60 pvp gear), but then some other crits only crit for 3k!

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    did you have omen of clairity proc ?

if omen procs the inital 35 enegegy of the bite will cost 0 but it will stil use 35 extra, resulting in what you are experiencing

about the damage, yes it is quite weird (i am not sure about your level) but at a certain level it gains like 25% chance to crit so sometimes you get a nice huge cirt whit the 2.2 dmg modifier we cats have and sometimes you get like only less then half, and this also depends on the energy becase if you are 35 enegery or at 70 it will do double its damage.

so depending on your energy pool and wheter or not it crits it can do about 4 times more damage then a normal non crit FB whit 35 energy

(while leveling you dont need to pile up energy tho, you cna jsut do mangle mangle mangle bite and goto next mob :P)
    What this guy said, there is not a problem, it works just fine. Omen of clairty = minus 35 energy used.

Deleted
    Your crits will also differ depending on the targets armor and your procs (trinkets, enchants and the like).. Not to mention rng.

Armour
    Procs
    Resilience in pvp
    Energy
    Omen of Clarity
    RNG
    Selective memory
    Not having conducted the one-leg-hopping voodoo circle ritual beforehand.