Deleted

Cho' gall 10m normal mode

hi,
    my question is referring to the last phase of cho'gall when he gets Corruption of the Old God, is this dispeleable ? or who should we dispell and when ?

I'm fairly sure that you cannot dispel that.

You can't Just make sure that people turn around when they get that gooey stuff so they dont puke all over the players >_>

Deleted
    so phase two.. how to not get 100% corrupted ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenas View Post
    so phase two.. how to not get 100% corrupted ?
    Dont stand in bad stuff...
    Dispel accelerated corruption comes at 25%
    p2 increases the amount gained make sure people dont throw up on you and you dodge stuff.
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

by avoiding corruption in P1. and by killing Cho'gall asap

Deleted
    Dispel accelerated corruption comes at 25% ? wht does this mean ? i dispell instant...
    i have read in certain guides whr it says in phase to to dispell "something" whn it gets to 25 points :s i dont know wht is it.. and wht to dispell at that time.
    We actually do it quite well and get easily to second phase with almost 0 corruption in any of our raid members.. but we cant keep up in second phase. oh ye we will try spredding out for the puke..

10+ Year Old Account
    In phase two the boss gains an ability called "Corruption of the Old God" which causes Cho'gall to pulse 4875-5125 Shadow Damage every 2 sec to everyone in the raid which increases your Corrupted Blood. The higher your Corrupted Blood meter is, the higher this will hit you for. This acts as a soft enrage. When you get 100% Corrupted Blood you can no longer be healed. The way to not get 100% Corrupted Blood in phase 2 would be to avoid Shadow Crashes, interrupt the big adds, don't get hit by the Congealed Bloods that spawn from the puddle that spawns when the Corrupted Adherent dies, etc. It's very possible to go in to phase 2 with none to very low Corrupted Blood as long as you avoid the stuff listed above.

Dispel accelerated corruption comes at 25% ? wht does this mean ? i dispell instant...
    I read this after I posted, but Corruption: Accelerated is a debuff that appears on a player once they reach 25% Corrupted Blood. It increases your Corrupted Blood meter by 2 stacks of Corrupted Blood per second for one minute. Usually if players have none, to very little Corrupted Blood in phase one, you will only see this in phase two.
    Last edited by Promethieus; 2011-03-22 at 01:36 PM.

Avoid getting any during p1 then burn him hard in p2, in Phase 1 avoid the shadow crashes, interrupt the adds, don't get hit by slime and don't touch the blood on the ground after the adds die and you'll be fine.
    The first rule of Starfall is, You don't talk about Starfall!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenas View Post
    i have read in certain guides whr it says in phase to to dispell "something" whn it gets to 25 points :s i dont know wht is it.. and wht to dispell at that time.
    We actually do it quite well and get easily to second phase with almost 0 corruption in any of our raid members.. but we cant keep up in second phase. oh ye we will try spredding out for the puke..
    Mate either your slow or just not very observant.. he said you dispell accelerated corruption at 25% (being the 'something' you mentioned when it gets to 25 points) just take 2 seconds to read what people say next time.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are having trouble with Corruption Sickness take a look at the Power Aura's on this link:

http://fallingleavesandwings.wordpre...s-bwd-tfw-bot/

Very helpful for some of the tunnel vision DPS.

Just to summarize, the debuff that should be immediately dispelled is called Corruption: Accelerated. This debuff is put on any and all players once they individually reach 25 corruption. Ideally, this would not occur until the 2nd phase when you cannot avoid gaining corruption due to Corruption of the Old God. This debuff if not removed, will cause your raid members to gain corruption at a faster than normal rate so you want to dispel it immediately. Raid members take more damage as Corruption stacks which becomes a challenge for your healers. If this is not dispelled it can cause the damage the raid takes to easily become overwhelming for your healers (who should be saving their large CD heals for this phase 2).

In my 25 man raid I end up being the person who dispels pretty much everyone. I'm not sure how it worked out that way, I'm just fast at dispelling it I guess. You may want to have two people doing it though just to be safe. Whatever raid frame you use, make sure you have a way to see who gets this debuff ASAP. I use Grid and have a green border set up to appear on these people and it's very easy to see who needs to be dispelled. That's just one way though, there are obviously lots of other ways to do it as well.

Edit: In 10 man, you probably only need one person dispelling.
    Last edited by Ariahna; 2011-03-22 at 02:51 PM.

Dispelling at 25% Corruption is incredibly important, but even better is not reaching that level of Corruption until you're well into phase 2. My guild had some trouble downing Cho'gall (10m), but it ceased to be difficult when people started paying a lot more attention to their Corruption bar in phase 1. FYI, we also two heal the fight to speed up the phases.