Few questions for shadow priests

Ok the big question that will link to others is this

How do you keep your mana at a stable rate? I have my lvl 42 priest, and when I'm in dungeons just dotting up aoe, or even just using my 2 dots on the boss...I can go oom rather fast. I have boa's I have a good amount of intellect. I'm worried I'm doing it wrong or that its just a lvl thing?

I want to be a part of my friends 80 twink guild and I dont want to get stuck healing because I cant keep my mana up in shadow spec

I mean...I know shadow word death gives a good 10% of mana. And theres a glyph to spam it twice in one succession. evangelism isnt enough with shadow word death to keep mana up is it...? I mean fill me in...am I missing something here?

Shadow Word: Death with Masochism talent should be enough to cover your mana problems for single target (like bosses). For AoE, yeah while multi-dotting is the way to go, it is also a mana burner and that's just a sad fact for Shadow Priests (ie, there's nothing we can do about it). You could just lessen the dots since trash dies fast anyways.

Spriest has serious mana problems on lower levels. Go disc and you do more dps with no mana problems at all.

1. Glyph of Spirit Tap, Glyph of Shadow Word: Death
    2. only use Vampiric Touch, the other dots take too long to tick and mobs will die before they do enough damage (excluding bosses and other high health mobs)
    3. name plate addon and mouseover shadow word death macro to double cast it on low mobs

academical question:
    Does this sound like something that should be required of the average person new to wow who started to level a priest to know?
    I think not and i think the priest regen mechanic at lower levels are seriously messed up

ps: you are not going to have evangelism at lvl 42 for a long time. Neither will you have Shadowfiend despite having a tier 1 talent that improves it.