Deleted

Shift+E backpaddling/turning

Hi! not sure if this is the right Forum, please move if needed.

I have bound a button to "shift+E" via bartender 4.
    Sometimes, not always, it not only executes the button, but makes my char backpaddle or turn. My char won't stop moving until I hit the respective button (s when I walk backwards, d when I turn) again.
    Is this happening to any of you?

Noticing a similar issue, though not with any modifier and not juse one direction either.
    Yet to figure out a cause when it just seemingly toggles itself on at will then until I press that direction again keep moving be it sideways or forwards/backwards.

Deleted
    bumpedibump

It's not addon related, it happens without addons too.

I suspect it's some strange microsoft windows setting since it didn't happen to me even once while playing on a mac.

Deleted
    Since two high-frequency members of this community already contributed with no solution, can I assume that this is a well-known but unsolved issue?
    Except that it must be MS related since it doesn't happen on a mac, thanks for that.
    I suspect that someone must have found out a way to fix it if it was fixable

It's somewhat hard to reproduce at least I couldn't get it 'glitch on demand' but yeah, it's not your personal problem, I've been running into walls ever so often when my D key gets me strafing right into it like a 'tard.

Whenever something like that happens to me it's usually a key getting stuck, not necessarily the backpedal key. Also might be something to do with USB keyboards not accepting certain key combinations, wouldn't be the first time something like that's happened to me either.

It's catching the keydown but not the keyup.

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, it's a bug i've seen for many many years. ever since windows XP iirc. it's not the game, it's windows.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...