15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz415 View Post
    Be serious, there's no good reason not to have an automated system to find party members.
    Exactly. Its a quality of life innovation that all MMO's should adopt.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Just as long as the LFD tool only searches for people on the same server. No to cross-servers!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maple syrup View Post
    Well from playing as a tank, healer, and a dps throughout my WoW career with the dungeon finder. I can tell you with one hundred percent certainty it's devalued the role of DPS. Groups careless vote out DPS for a number of bullshit reasons because they can be instantly replaced. Then again this goes back to the fact that the dungeon finder has done nothing to this game but taken out the actual community aspect of WoW.
    And the system stops people that kick a lot. The problem is there is a difference between having value as a dps and being a crappy person. In all of my pugs I've only seen dps kicked when they A)Act like idiots B)Underperform C) moan and groan in chat. Conversly having people be stuck with idiots, bad players, or people intentionally sabotaging the group just because is stupid.

---------- Post added 2011-08-06 at 05:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eightace View Post
    Awesome job on 1k pages guys, anyone think its funny that we have 3 times the number of posts the official rift thread has, and this game is not even out yet?
    How many of the rift posts are bullshit and trolling compared to actual rift info?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    And the system stops people that kick a lot. The problem is there is a difference between having value as a dps and being a crappy person. In all of my pugs I've only seen dps kicked when they A)Act like idiots B)Underperform C) moan and groan in chat. Conversly having people be stuck with idiots, bad players, or people intentionally sabotaging the group just because is stupid.

---------- Post added 2011-08-06 at 05:08 PM ----------

How many of the rift posts are bullshit and trolling compared to actual rift info?
    About Rift - I wouldn't talk too much about that. I did the mistake of making the same remark related to post count pn another forum (TOR thread at double the number of pages of RIFT before even releasing) and the TOR thread immediately got infested by RIFT people defending their game with angry wasps, droning on and on about how the Rift is the underdog of mmos, coming out of nowhere and being a huge competitor to WOW. Let's not repeat the same mistake here
    Last edited by mmoc935b66873b; 2011-08-06 at 05:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, I'll bite. Is your meaning that this thread is full of trolling and bullshit posts, or are you just curious about the Rift threads posting patterns?

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Well looking at the few last pages of the Rift thread, it did have quiet a few troll posts and bullshitting as well. ;p

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Ok, I'll bite. Is your meaning that this thread is full of trolling and bullshit posts, or are you just curious about the Rift threads posting patterns?
    If you have to ask that question then you clearly don't read every post of this thread. If you cut out all the bullshit it would be 200 pages less at the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have to ask that question then you clearly don't read every post of this thread. If you cut out all the bullshit it would be 200 pages less at the least.
    I just wanted to hear you say it.

If you have a problem with this thread, then leave. There is a lot in that thead, this thread, and every other thead as well.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

And I guess the Rift/GW2 thread would be the same as well, your point?

Deleted
    Perhaps, and that's exactly why I'm here This game hasn't even been released yet, there's not much to talk about, and things get stale otherwise. The high amount of off-topic discussion is what got me to create an account here. Everything else good about this community...came as a huge bonus.

15+ Year Old Account

If you have a problem with this thread, then leave. There is a lot in that thead, this thread, and every other thead as well.
    Why are you looking for a fight? I was commenting on someone saying that this thread has 3x the number of posts of the rift thread. Post numbers and page counts doesn't matter as much when things are inflated with off-topic content. I don't get why you are being such an arrogant jerk about it. I didn't insult anyone, didn't insult the thread, didn't insult TOR.

If you can't see where there have been posts in this thread that have nothing to do with TOR and were made just to post then you haven't been reading the entirety of the thread.

---------- Post added 2011-08-06 at 05:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nisallik View Post
    And I guess the Rift/GW2 thread would be the same as well, your point?
    My point was having a high post count compared to another game thats not out yet isn't anything to discuss if there is more off topic page count inflating posts. How many people posted just to hit the 1000'th mark? If this thread was moderating like the rest of mmo-champion then it wouldn't be nearly as high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are you looking for a fight? I was commenting on someone saying that this thread has 3x the number of posts of the rift thread. Post numbers and page counts doesn't matter as much when things are inflated with off-topic content. I don't get why you are being such an arrogant jerk about it. I didn't insult anyone, didn't insult the thread, didn't insult TOR.

If you can't see where there have been posts in this thread that have nothing to do with TOR and were made just to post then you haven't been reading the entirety of the thread.
    And none of this means jack shit since the rift thread does the same damn thing. YOU are the one looking for a fight. As you have your entire stay in this thread.

Deleted

A fair few, i followed it for a while when my Rift subscription was active.

i agree with troll on this we would rather stay on topic and not have trolls here so please kindly leave and go back to your game forums. we have one troll and thats all we need lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    And none of this means jack shit since the rift thread does the same damn thing. YOU are the one looking for a fight. As you have your entire stay in this thread.
    I wasn't the one that brought up the rift thread. I didn't say the rift thread was any better. I didn't say this thread was terrible because of it. I was just commenting on the amount of bullshit that gets posted here and was wondering if people knew if it was similar in the rift thread. If I wanted to read an IM chat or an irc chat I'd go there. When I'm looking for info about TOR I don't want to have to read through 30 pages of non-tor info because people are treating it like an IM chat room. I don't want to read memes and all that crap.

I want to read and discuss TOR and concepts and systems related to TOR.
    Last edited by rhorle; 2011-08-06 at 05:31 PM.

I don't get why you are being such an arrogant jerk about it. I didn't insult anyone, didn't insult the thread, didn't insult TOR.
    Quoted for hypocrisy. See? I can take things out of context, too. You attempt to pick fights in the guise of debates, and you've attempted to do it since virtually the moment you got here. You hide behind intellectual superiority but you get off on internet supremacy, dogging people and sticking strictly to your own view as if yours was fact, canon, and indismissable while everyone else' view is wrong, incorrect and fallible. I don't think you have shown for one moment anywhere in this thread that you are willing to cede a point to someone else, or that someone else has made a point worth agreeing with.
    "Gradually it was disclosed to me that the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart, and through all human hearts. This line shifts. Inside us, it oscillates with the years. Even within hearts overwhelmed by evil, one small bridgehead of good is retained; and even in the best of all hearts, there remains a small corner of evil." - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Deleted
    I wasn't the one that brought up the rift thread. I didn't say the rift thread was any better. I didn't say this thread was terrible because of it. I was just commenting on the amount of bullshit that gets posted here and was wondering if people knew if it was similar to the rift thread. If I wanted to read an IM chat or an irc chat I'd go there. When I'm looking for info about TOR I don't want to have to read through 30 pages of non-tor info because people are treating it like an IM chat room. I don't want to read memes and all that crap.

I want to read and discuss TOR and concepts and systems related to TOR.
    As opposed to telling us this place is full of spam? Some of us like the spam, we post some crap and have a laugh at the same time. no harm is being done and this thread is bonding because of it. To be fair, most of the spam is Star wars related anyway.

I wasn't the one that brought up the rift thread.
    .... lol! ;p

.... lol! ;p
    LOL...once again, hypocrisy...or an extremely convenient memory.
    "Gradually it was disclosed to me that the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart, and through all human hearts. This line shifts. Inside us, it oscillates with the years. Even within hearts overwhelmed by evil, one small bridgehead of good is retained; and even in the best of all hearts, there remains a small corner of evil." - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
    You hide behind intellectual superiority but you get off on internet supremacy, dogging people and sticking strictly to your own view as if yours was fact, canon, and indismissable while everyone else' view is wrong, incorrect and fallible
    Perhaps this is the problem. Just because someone sticks to their view and defends it doesn't make them an arrogant jerk. If you would scroll up you'd see where I agreed with someone else. But you aren't looking for facts you are looking to mud sling here. It doesn't matter how civil I discuss you just have one set viewpoint on me.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post12592974 there you don't even need to scroll up.

---------- Post added 2011-08-06 at 05:39 PM ----------

.... lol! ;p
    And did you read what I was qouting in http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post12593016 ? Nope. Because if you did you would see I wasn't the one the first mentioned a rift thread.