Quote Originally Posted by Hannarr View Post
    I hope it turns out alright, lately the EA firms have been injuring their games, DA:O was better than DA2 and ME was better than ME2. things should be ok if they can stop themselves dumbing everything down.
    Well, they're not making it for the consoles, so they don't have to!

10+ Year Old Account
    This Bioware team hasn't been working on things like DA2 though. They've been doing TOR. These are the people who worked on Baldur's Gate, KotoR 1, and DA:O. And EA is hands off of this one. (So far)

Now I want to jump on and squash people... Lol

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    This Bioware team hasn't been working on things like DA2 though. They've been doing TOR. These are the people who worked on Baldur's Gate, KotoR 1, and DA:O. And EA is hands off of this one. (So far)

Now I want to jump on and squash people... Lol
    > Open WoW
    > Roll Warrior
    > Level Warrior to max
    > Go in BG
    > Use Heroic Leap to go next to an enemey
    > Use Throwdown right after

Profit!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    > Open WoW
    > Roll Warrior
    > Level Warrior to max
    > Go in BG
    > Use Heroic Leap to go next to an enemey
    > Use Throwdown right after

Profit!
    I /puked as I started to attempt step 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been there done that Vizzle . Though I'm slowly getting away from WoW as of late lol.

All this makes me want to play KOTOR again for the 7th time. You'd think I'd be tired of it since I play it the exact same every time. Always pick the same looking guy and always go dark side so I can pewpew people with lightning. Oh, and always use a double bladed saber

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    All this makes me want to play KOTOR again for the 7th time. You'd think I'd be tired of it since I play it the exact same every time. Always pick the same looking guy and always go dark side so I can pewpew people with lightning. Oh, and always use a double bladed saber
    Your exactly like me then for KOTOR. Same always everytime, even when I try to not do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to play KOTOR too! Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Your exactly like me then for KOTOR. Same always everytime, even when I try to not do it.
    I've resigned to the fact that I can never go about it differently. It's more likely that I would go LS than I would change the character's look. But, like you said, I've tried and I just can't forgo my abilities. I'm glad, upon reading that Q&A thing, that the choices might not be as clearcut as in KOTOR. That was one thing that annoyed me. Either you were some goody two shoes or a huge douchebag and let everyone know it. And if you wanted to mix it up a bit, you would just end up being gray and not getting any LS or DS bonus. Also, the DS transformation is sweet even though I'd always just mod Revan's armour onto my dude because it's so badass

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    I just wish swtor had a wider range of racial selection. For a SW mmo, the amount of races you can choose from are really underwhelming imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap, I can play as a Twi'lek. I'm getting this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've resigned to the fact that I can never go about it differently. It's more likely that I would go LS than I would change the character's look. But, like you said, I've tried and I just can't forgo my abilities. I'm glad, upon reading that Q&A thing, that the choices might not be as clearcut as in KOTOR. That was one thing that annoyed me. Either you were some goody two shoes or a huge douchebag and let everyone know it. And if you wanted to mix it up a bit, you would just end up being gray and not getting any LS or DS bonus. Also, the DS transformation is sweet even though I'd always just mod Revan's armour onto my dude because it's so badass
    I agree with the armor, it is bad ass lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    I just wish swtor had a wider range of racial selection. For a SW mmo, the amount of races you can choose from are really underwhelming imo.
    It's possible they could come out with more, the thing with some of these races as opposed to, say, WoW is that the races can be on opposing sides. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing some Mandalorians or Echani. Also be cool to play Ithorians lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    I'm just gonna repost what I said a few pages back since the reasons are good. =p

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    I hear you, but thinking about it from their standpoint, it does make sense. Remember that every class has a voice actor. It would be both counter productive and unheroic if you needed to read subtitles for everything your toon says. The additional time recording for all the playable alien species, cause they'd all need to be different due to how closely Bioware is following the lore, as well as how boring it would be in multiplayer dialogue scenes... Well, I can definately understand why they did it this way.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just installed it to play it again and I can't get the damned thing to work!!! RAAAAAAAAGE!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by greevir View Post
    I just installed it to play it again and I can't get the damned thing to work!!! RAAAAAAAAGE!!!!
    Running windows 7? If so, check this out http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=1621908

EDIT: More in-depth here http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=194296
    Last edited by Jaronicity; 2011-06-02 at 03:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by trollsbane
    It would be both counter productive and unheroic if you needed to read subtitles for everything your toon says.
    I disagree, this has been the staple of RPG gaming for years, it allowed the player to voice their own character to some degree, for some of us more hardcore RPers, we could even literally do the words ourselves, it was a lot of fun! Beyond that, some voices simply DONT fit your character. Take Mass Effect, the fem Shepard was a pretty straight-forward military-sounding female voice, the male on the other hand came across as some punk 20-something rich boy. You couldn't play an older (IMO)non-white male without groaning every time he spoke.

Beyond that, has there been any indication that males and females for each species will even have individual voices? I don't recall that ever being mentioned.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Males and females of alien species do have different voices. It's not a universal unisex voice for aliens. Though I might have misunderstood your meaning.

As far as your toon, well, it's voice acted. That's not gonna change for this game, so to argue against it in favor of putting your own voice there is kinda null. Each class has a male and female voice actor talking for your character.

I think for the hardcore rpers they should add the option to mute your characters voice

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think he meant like his own actual voice. But, for example being a Twi'lek and choosing to speak Twi'leki or Galatic Basic, would just add more depth to some one who chose to play that race. Also, the subtitles look like they are "always on". So regardless if want to read them or not, they will be there. I would prefer, from an RP/immersion standpoint, that when I talk to a Twi'lek they speak to me in their native tongue. Maybe with an option to say to them "Sorry, I don't quite understand you" and then they switch.

Oh and Wookiees do not have the vocal capabilities to communicate in anything other than Shyriiwook (not including the 2 other forms). So, when we do run into a Wookiee, you WILL have to read subtitles.
    Last edited by Buckwald; 2011-06-02 at 05:37 PM.