So, I was watching Young Justice, and they had a red human hating robot call people Meatbags
    Ferlion <level 85 Druid - Proudmoore>
    Formerly known as the Warlock Shadowsouled - Windrunner

Proud poster of the Story Forums. I got your faction wank right here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Bender called Fry a Meatbag on an episode of Futurama. maybe.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachyveng View Post
    Well one of the developers posted this a while back:

So from that we know that only Sith warriors/Jedi Knights and Consulars/Inquisitors can get Master/Lord/Darth etc titles, that they will be story based, and that not everyone will get them. Personally I hope that it doesn't involve constantly doing the complete evil options to get a Darth title, that'd be rather bland if you ask me. Darths may be evil, but they're also (usually) extremely smart and cunning.
    Damn, that's great info. I actually expected it to be quite binary, you know - just complete the story and collect the titles. I think it's great that it depends on the choices you make, even though I'll be disappointed if you have to be a slaughter-happy maniac to get it.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I think Bender called Fry a Meatbag on an episode of Futurama. maybe.
    Bender calls people "meatbags" ALL the time. Like every 5 episodes, and definitely a lot in the "Beast with a billion backs" Futurama movie, where he leads a robot uprising =)
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

i know at the least in the movie "surrogates" one of the surrogates(a machine) calls another human "meatbag" at the begining, though ironicly he was the one that got blasted and not the human
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Sorry this took so long to post! Halloween in Oz is definitely interesting but you do get lots of honks by cars!

And just for fun because we were all so amused by this at the bar:

Deleted
    nice horse

Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    <images and texts>
    I got a good rofl from the last pic. Nice. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    I got a good rofl from the last pic. Nice. XD
    with that last picture i cant help but think... " derp?"

---------- Post added 2011-11-03 at 10:13 AM ----------

http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111102

Phase 3 for Guilds is or about to be going into deployment real soon
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, I wasn't all that excited about playing this game until I saw that trailer shown at E3 or whatever.

That made me feel dirty in so many good ways.

Oh and I want a Darksaber
    Last edited by Blznsmri; 2011-11-03 at 03:05 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

10+ Year Old Account
    StephenReid General Discussion -> Early Access Speculation Thread
    We'll be giving everyone an update on Early Game Access quite soon.
    11.03.2011 09:00 AM

Guild phase 3 info:
    http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...3#edit10433363

Server types:

There will be four different server types in Star Wars: The Old Republic. Here's how they work generally, and details on how we're dealing with roleplaying (RP) servers:

PvE (Player vs Environment) – Players will have to manually flag themselves if they wish to engage in PvP outside of designated Warzones and Open World PvP areas.

PvP (Player vs Player) – Players are automatically flagged for PvP outside of the designated 'safe' areas (such as Origin Worlds, Capital Worlds, and the Republic/Imperial Fleets; see below for more info).

RP-PvE – Players are encouraged to roleplay and act ‘in-character’ while playing on an RP-PvE server. Players must manually flag themselves if they wish to engage in PvP outside of designated Warzones and Open World PvP areas.

RP-PvP – Players are encouraged to roleplay and act ‘in-character’ while playing on an RP-PvP server. Players are automatically flagged for PvP outside of the designated 'safe' areas (such as Origin Worlds, Capital Worlds, and the Republic/Imperial Fleets; see below for more info).

The pre-launch Guild Headquarters currently allows you to select between three different server types for your guild: PvE, PvP, and RP, which will determine your server placement during Phase 3: Deployment. During Deployment, we will be placing all eligible guilds that select 'RP' onto RP-PvE servers by default. If a guild wishes to exist on an RP-PvP server, they will need to create their guild manually on a new server once they reach their Capital World (Dromund Kaas or Coruscant) and create their guild.

The decision to make RP-PvP servers an option for players was made recently, which is why the choice was not available in the Guild Headquarters to start with. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes, but we hope you are as excited as we are to be able to choose this option for your guild in the game at launch.

PvP server rulesets

We also wanted to expand on what the PvP server ruleset means in The Old Republic. The obvious overarching rule is that in general, if you see a player of the opposite faction, you may immediately engage them in combat.

The exception to this rule is sanctuaries, which are large areas where PvP may not take place, regardless of whether you are flagged or unflagged for PvP. Examples of this are the Origin Worlds (Tython, Ord Mantell, Hutta, and Korriban), the Capital Worlds for both sides (Dromund Kaas and Coruscant), and the Republic/Imperial Fleets.

Hopefully this post helps inform your decision as to which server type you'd like to play on at launch. If you haven’t already, create a guild on the Guild Headquarters so that you can get placed on a server before the game launches!
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-03 at 03:37 PM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP server ftw. Also does anyone know about hard modes for flash points? Like a heroic version of taral V when you reach max level?

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    PvP server ftw. Also does anyone know about hard modes for flash points? Like a heroic version of taral V when you reach max level?
    I know it is said all dungeons are available at a max level deal. Hard modes I do not know but they are all there at max.

15+ Year Old Account
    Is the website not working for anyone else? I keep getting login failed repeatedly even after I changed my password which in itself took about a dozen attempts because it "couldn't locate my account info". Edit: Finally worked after about twenty attempts.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-11-04 at 12:55 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Hard mode or "Heroic" versions do exist for flashpoints at higher levels. They have also stated, which might have changed since it is beta, that low level flashpoints will have a end-game version. So it is pretty logical to say that Taral V will have a heroic level cap version.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Another Friday update is almost here. I'm hoping for more videos either armor progression or one of those choose your side videos.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Another Friday update is almost here. I'm hoping for more videos either armor progression or one of those choose your side videos.
    Trolls said it was going to be the IA video.
    if it isn't he gets to be that hotdog over there.

<-----

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    Trolls said it was going to be the IA video.

come on IA Progression video!
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Is the website not working for anyone else? I keep getting login failed repeatedly even after I changed my password which in itself took about a dozen attempts because it "couldn't locate my account info". Edit: Finally worked after about twenty attempts.
    Definitely relevant to the thread, gg moderator

Post constructively, or don't bother posting at all. -3clipse
    Last edited by 3clipse; 2011-11-04 at 04:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Smackback View Post
    Definitely relevant to the thread, gg moderator
    Yes, god forbid there are any slightly off-topic posts in what is essentially the TOR chat thread.

Good eye, 12-post guy, thank goodness you were here to catch this!
    - Looks like they took him to some bolt hole in the Wounded Coast.
    - I wonder if it's near the Injured Cliffs? Or the Limping Hills? Massive-Head-Trauma-Bay? No? Just me? *sigh* Forget I said anything.

Deleted
    yeah because I have only made 12 posts that makes my thoughts and opinions less valid.