10+ Year Old Account
    I counted 16 toons in one shot at 0:33

*edit* found another for a total of 17
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-06-08 at 12:22 AM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

I hope they update icons for spells and attacks and other stuff aswell , current ones are kinda eye numbing and very similar to each other

Reason why i am saying this is because i will prob spend alot of time staring at them during my playing :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    I counted 16 toons in one shot at 0:33
    With the action in that shot it would be quite easy for a group not to be captured on film, wouldn't be too surprised to see its a 20 man operation.

Looks good. Still not that enthused about the combat and the animations involved (it just looks stiff overall). But it seems like it would be fun, which is what counts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, there were 17 I see, not 16. So yeah, looks like a 20 man, or a 24 man depending on how many were outside the camera shot.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-06-08 at 12:24 AM.

I don't think you guys want easy/normal/hard mode in this game. You see how much people QQ about it in WoW? People will just clear the easiest difficulty and then claim the game is too easy/there is nothing else to do (just like in WoW).

Nope, there were 17 I see, not 16. So yeah, looks like a 20 man, or a 24 man depending on how many were outside the camera shot.
    really hoping its limited at 20 man. still in two minds about if there should be a smaller raid size of say 12 for some other operations

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope it's 20 for the limit as well.

It'd be best if the difficulty scaled based on how many people there are in the raid. This is the ideal setup.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tomorrow at 3pm Pacific time is a boss fight

Well, I'm quite sure there won't be two different raid sizes, at least not at launch. That's a lot of balancing issues to handle along with the simultaneous handling of PvE and PvP class balancing, AND the standard new mmo bug fixes and changes.

I don't even think there will be different sized raids. There's a problem with that model: if you have 21 people on a roster for a 20 man raid, and then another raid is 12 people, 9 people in your guild get screwed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw, just wanted to remind everyone that the link to the E3 info is on the top of the 1st page of this thread.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...t=330916#close

Deleted
    hi there been reading this thread for a while now - thanks to trolls and others for their hard work compiling this info

Before I say a few things just wanted to say, I'm not here to bash the game, it looks great and I will be playing it I just tend to focus on things I dont like so sorry if this post seems negative.

I was just wondering if anyone had played the beta or knew more than me could clear up a few things that worry me.

1. Companions breaking cc, and general control. From watching the bounty hunter vid from e3 there was a point where he used the stun dart thing to cc one of the mobs, and blizz nuked it and broke the cc. how much control do we have over the companions and is it possible to stop this from happening?

2. Darkside vs lightside choices. When I play I will probably decide if a character is going to go towards light or darkside, but I like to make choices depending on how I feel at the time or perhaps the opposite choice may seem more sensible or like it would benefit me more. From the beta leaks interviews the guy said that there is no advantage to being 'grey' as most gear requires dark or light side. My worry is that you will feel forced into certain choices because they will give light or darkside, and not because you wanted to make that choice. Is this the case? also does gear require a certain amount of light or dark or will being say... 10% dark mean you can wear all darkside gear?

3.The difficulty. From what I have seen from gameplay videos the game looks incredibly easy. One huge gripe I have with WoW for example is that the levelling process feels like grinding because you are very rarely challenged. It worries me if TOR is the same. Overcoming difficult quests keeps you engaged and makes you learn how to play, so you dont get loads of clueless players at level cap because they never had to learn how to play.

I have been playing global agenda recently, and one thing I like is that the solo pve is quite challenging. Mobs have a realistic aggro range that feels like you need to be careful and be aware of your surroundings. I noticed from the bounty hunter vid he was able to walk right up to mobs before they saw him, and things like that ruin the immersion for me. It always annoyed me in wow also that you could stand in front of a boss and discuss how to kill him while he just stupidly stands there, where if you just stood round a corner because he aggroed by sight it would feel alot more realistic.

Basically I would just like to see some more involved enemy AI. for example ambushes, scouts calling in troops, mobs aggroing by sight etc.

Has anyone have any thoughts about the game's difficulty? Anyone who has played beta who can comment on how they found the diffulty and the ai?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it true that almost every class in this game can tank or heal?

That's really amazing if Bioware can pull that off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Smugglers/Imperial agents can't be tanks and Jedi Knights/Sith Warriors can't heal.

http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/advanced-classes

10+ Year Old Account
    1: Some cc isn't lockdown CC. The inquistor has a CC spell that breaks on damage, but the BH dart is just a stun. You can do damage to the enemy during it. I have heard that companions stop attacking CC'd mobs instantly.

2: This is getting me worried too. I hope they have a plan to incorporate grey into the scale. From what I've heard, the gear raises LS/DS requirements the further you level. So on your starter planet, you could get a LS/DS peice of gear that requires your alignment meter at a certain point. The next planent, it will need to be at a higher point. Etc. My best guess is that they will pick a middle percent and if you are in that area, they will give you grey gear. I have nothing to back that up though. It's purely a guess on what may happen. Cause from what I hear, there is no benefit from grey.

3: If you are a "good" player that pays attention and is cautious, you won't die often. If you are a "good" player who is somewhat reckless, you will. That's all subject to change though. They constantly tweak things like that. For a good while, the starter areas were too hard, so they nerfed them a bit. Etc.

I'm not sure about aggro radius, and I guess they are still tweaking it. The fansit and press summit complained that aggro radius was too big in the last build. My guess is they are balancing atm.

As for AI, they disperse to negate your aoe abilities, some shoot from ranged, some draw swords and charge you, some take cover. I hear that the AI will get better than what we've seen already as well, but I'm not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Smugglers/Imperial agents can't be tanks and Jedi Knights/Sith Warriors can't heal.

http://www.swtor.com/info/systems/advanced-classes
    So Bounty Hunters and Troopers can tank? That's pretty amazing considering that they're ranged.

10+ Year Old Account
    2: This is getting me worried too. I hope they have a plan to incorporate grey into the scale...
    I've heard that those who wish to be "grey" will be at a disadvantage as opposed to those who pick a side. I understand why BW would do that. It would lead to greater immersion and more options for the RP community. When playing KOTOR, I don't think I've ever been fully LS. I know I've never been DS. I don't plan on it.

Teriz, watch the Taral V dev walk-through. Trooper as the MT and a JK as an OT.

http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/...er-walkthrough

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    So Bounty Hunters and Troopers can tank? That's pretty amazing considering that they're ranged.
    Yep. With the exceptions that Buck posted, classes can do everything else. Though, it is restricted by advanced class, which (at least for launch, and probably far after) will not be changable. Once you make your choice, that is your choice. So using Bounty Hunter as an example, if I pick Mercenary, i can heal or dps, and not tank. If I pick Powertech, I can tank or dps, but not heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking on that. I hate that you can't switch your AC. I could care-less about dual spec. I just would like to be able test both the Tank and DPS of the Jedi Knight. But I hate Alts so I wouldn't want to have to reroll to experience it.