10+ Year Old Account
    WAll of text coming catching up on answers. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashbury View Post
    I have a question for Trollsbane. I apologize if it was asked, but how do cover classes function in PvP, if you have played/tried one? Since what I read and heard about it was vague at best and did not provide a decent description. Is the cover system clunky and awkward in PvP environment or does it function well and seamlessly. Also is there "enough" cover, if I can phrase it so. Because in ME2 you can take cover behind almost anything. I doubt that is the deal with ToR.

And lastly, do companions use a "tactics" tab similar to Dragon Age?
    You get the portable cover ability at level 8. So, disregard what that one reviewer said about dieing all the time cause there was no cover. You can create your own cover any time, anywhere. Some people will call it clunky and awkward, some people will say it's the thing best since sliced bread. For me personally, I'm not a cover guy. I like to move a lot and get right in people's faces. (I even played my hunter this way in WoW lol) But, if you enjoy the hang back and bomb the shit out of people roll, you can definately enjoy the cover class. It's not a faceroll class. You gotta use your head and get used to the class. Hope that answered what you meant.

As of now, there is no "tactics" tab. Like the fansites said, the companion has attack, follow, and 2 special role buttons. They made it so even micromanaging is easy and effortless. You won't have them with 30 abilities. They get a couple that you can get and choose between. They all dps, but some can tank and some can heal. They can aso do 1 special attack.

---------- Post added 2011-05-12 at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Osskssa View Post
    I hated DA2 such a dissapointment compared to Origins in my opinion, i cant even bring myself to complete it, it sucks that much....im glad to hear SWTOR is Bioware's best to date.Im gonna hold you to your word Trolls
    I do live in nostalgia land, and consider Baldur's gate one of the best games of all time. That said, this is a different game that BG. It's more like KotoR, but better. But yeah, I'd say this is their crown jewel. =)

---------- Post added 2011-05-12 at 11:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Speak of gameplay, how polished did you feel the combat and animations was? Do the animations actually make sense and work together well?
    I know that some people don't like the animations. i think that's just crazy. =) The lightsaber animations are simply amazing. They look incredible compared to any other combat nimations I have ever seen. They are not over the top. They are what you'd see in the movies. (1-3, cause lightsaber battles in the good 3 just weren't epic cause of the time) Force charge/leap is spectacular. Lightning, choke, impale, etc etc. They are great. The other classes are awesome too though.

Capes are stunning. There is no feet popping out the middle of them ever. They use real physics. When you jump, the cape furls up a little and rolls back in place like how it would in RL. When you jump and get a lot of air, the cape swishes higher, even over your head, then rolls back into place. It's not something I can describe well, but you'll see it at some point to see what I mean.

I'll admit that at level 1, running looks kinda off. but once you get a few levels in and have armor on, running looks pretty cool. To me anyway. It's all motion captured. i think every animation in the game is.

Combat is smooth. There are no jerky movements between abilities. When the Bounty Hunter uses his left hand to use a stun dart, then the right to use a flame thrower, the body moves according to how it oould in RL. The pivot, the body language, the pulling back on one arm, etc. They did a great job imo.

---------- Post added 2011-05-12 at 11:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Question does it play faster then made believe by the footage shown at PAX? What felt sluggish and slow.

Character customization has that been upped? Is there also plenty of variety in between gear or does everyone look fairly similair.
    OH BOY. Really, combat at level 1 plays faster than what it looked like at PAX. I REALLY don't know wtf those people were doing. They took this slow pace and used an ability every 5 seconds. i'm running around and using everything I have all the time. It looks like you are some epic raider even as a low level. I see some "PAX players" around. I also see some real players around. The difference is night and day. It's easy to tell who's played games a lot in the past. lol

Customization is great. Like the fansite's said, I never have, through all 4 classes I've leveled over 10, seen another player wearing what I am. It makes no sense to me. lol Each peice shows on your toon. Then, it color matches to your chest piece. So you never look like a goon with red pants and a green shirt. Unless you want to. =) but yeah, there is a huge variety.

---------- Post added 2011-05-12 at 11:17 AM ----------

Codex is the Boware staple. it's great if you like it, and it's ignorable if you dont care. As far as feats, not sure how to answer. yes I suppose. Remember the reviewers that said the loading screen will have a "star wars crawl liie the beginning of movies, but this one doesn't move and changes"? yeah, that's there. Every time you complete more of the class quest, it updates and tells your story and what just happens and what you need to do next. It's cool.

---------- Post added 2011-05-12 at 11:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ZyngaFail View Post
    How can you say such a thing, given that you have never played Guild Wars 2?

The developers have made it very clear their aim is to bring the MMO genre to the next generation, so you are contradicting their statements.

I know it can be exciting to be in a Beta, and if you truly are in the SW:TOR beta let me just tell you that one of my friends was in the Aion beta and reportedly the game was awesome and would revolutionize PvP with large-scale Fortress battles and CryEngine's insane graphics.
    What happened to that? Well they would only let you play to level 30 so that you would not experience the grind. And there were not more than a handful of level 30's online so that you would never get to experience the horrible lag and crashes in sieges.

Not saying this all applies to SW:TOR, at all, but first-hand info is a delicate matter and should be taken with a grain of salt and common sense.

A statement such as "I killed 25 players without dying a single time, so this game got PvP right" is just inherently flawed since for those other 25 players the game was probably not quite as fun as it seemed to you. Just sayin'.

---------- Post added 2011-05-12 at 03:46 PM ----------

This would interest me as well, is he able to post videos of animations with his character name edited out?
    I can not post videos or pics.

I say that because that's what I see. I know not everyone will feel the same way, but without dragging this off topic (Cause hey, here's the deal. JV and I can reference the other games and not take it as a bash and need to defend. You on the other hand jump in here WAY too defensive, and it is tiring.) I don't feel that a game that just has you running around doing quests that "change" is considered next gen. I don't feel that a game that gives a dialogue like that ugly box with zoomed out characters talking wierdly is next gen. i don't feeling making it so everything is aoe and not targetable makes it next gen. i don't feel that single target aiming is next gen. It's also in Tera. It's also in FPS.
    But to be fair and hopefuly you don't keep chewing on these words, I don't believe in the term Next Gen. It's rubbish. It's always going to be people stealing fro others and polishing. And I'm fine with that. Put all the unicorns and rainbows in that you want, it's always been done before to some extent.

I didn't think Aion was horrible. =p

Yes, this is first hand accounts that should be taken with salt. Everything in this world should be taken with a grain of salt. I don't understand why the statement was made. Are you warning people to not listen to me? i'm sure they already warn themsleves. It's common sense not to take my opinions and make them your fact.

Don't quote me out of context. That wasn't written to say what you quoted, ""I killed 25 players without dying a single time, so this game got PvP right" I did a little braggin cause I could, then I told WHY it felt right. I've played other games, which I said right after that, that I got my ass handed to me. My kill-death record for that game had NO relevance to my statements. How could you think it did? CC, combat pace, balance, abilities, fun. Those are the things I touched on to make my opinion that this is PvP done right.

---------- Post added 2011-05-12 at 11:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    Why post this on a wow forum lol. Go post on some starwars fansite.

< It's the Off-Topic fourm, they can post about whatever they want. >
    Hi /kiss
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-05-12 at 06:38 PM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

i probably should have cleared what my question about the feats was but still apreciated the answer. what i wanted to know is if there will be some kind of lets call em "trophies" that can aqquire by lets say u finish the hunt chain that i heard that bounty hunters have and with that u can get a head trophie or a frozen carbonite in your ship or smthin like that
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jsg388 View Post
    Well remember these are his impressions, and while he may state things as fact, he has more tangible proof of such than we currently do.

Also, he's on that new-game-rush, so I'll forgive some of the exaggerations.

You do have a point though, things could still change for the worse between now and release. Hope not though.

Yep. like I said, anyone reading my words would be silly to take my opinions as their fact. i'm just telling it as I see it.
    I'm not without sketicism myself. But so far, i have been pleasantly happy. Could that change. Well of course it could. =)

---------- Post added 2011-05-12 at 11:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    ok, has been a long time since i'm post here on MMO champ, so let's see what happening here...

Trollsbane is playing the BETA???!!!

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

jk, gratz for you, just tell me one thing... what classes can be made with a sith pureblood?
    Can't answer that. sorries. It's still changing and not final.

Quote Originally Posted by tnpm View Post
    i probably should have cleared what my question about the feats was but still apreciated the answer. what i wanted to know is if there will be some kind of lets call em "trophies" that can aqquire by lets say u finish the hunt chain that i heard that bounty hunters have and with that u can get a head trophie or a frozen carbonite in your ship or smthin like that
    You get a wookie that will clean your ship and wash the dishes for you

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    You get a wookie that will clean your ship and wash the dishes for you
    does he have a pink apron?
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    We'll only be able to tell if a game is "the next gen MMO" when it sets the standards for the other upcoming titles,
    I think GW is trying to be THE next gen mmo. If they succeed in that, only time will tell, and that's all I'll say about it, since this is the SW:TOR thread

As for TOR, it's pretty clear they want to make this game the best current-gen MMO possible, not the big Next gen mmo.
    Will TOR succeed in that? we'll see in a few months/years

Personally, there are some concerns I will have until I get my hands on it myself (Companions,Story system,PVP,similarity to wow to some degree). Some of these things might put me off off the game, but I'm giving it a shot for sure, since it looks like one of the best mmo releases of the last couple of years.

Yep yep.

As long as you don't enter the game thinking, "Psh, I bet this is another WoW clone. Oh look, WoW does that kind of thing too. psh. Wtf, the skills are similar to WoW's. psh." You know what I mean. =) If you don't do that crap, you'll see some coolness in it.

---------- Post added 2011-05-12 at 11:35 AM ----------

Ah. Not sure tbh. Sorry. =)

does he have a pink apron?
    You have to buy that from the cash shop sadly

Let's keep the discussion on SWTOR, please.

No more GW2 talk. There's a thread for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    it's pretty hard to remain sceptical with trollbane's good comments

should start thinking of good trooper names

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Yep yep.

As long as you don't enter the game thinking, "Psh, I bet this is another WoW clone. Oh look, WoW does that kind of thing too. psh. Wtf, the skills are similar to WoW's. psh." You know what I mean. =) If you don't do that crap, you'll see some coolness in it.
    When you say that, it makes me think SWTOR is just WoW with a Star Wars skin ontop. :/
    I know obviously there will be similaries like very other MMO ever, but when you put it that way, that's how it sounds.

Ok, so the question remains, are there Deathstars?

Deleted
    it's pretty hard to remain sceptical with trollbane's good comments

should start thinking of good trooper names
    Trooper 1. Your a clone, you don't have a name! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Ok, so the question remains, are there Deathstars?
    Considering the original Deathstar was a revolutionary piece of weaponry way ahead of its time, and it was created 3500 after the events of the Old Republic. I doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddlesnarf View Post
    Considering the original Deathstar was a revolutionary piece of weaponry way ahead of its time, and it was created 3500 after the events of the Old Republic. I doubt it
    Bah, that's no fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Trooper 1. Your a clone, you don't have a name! :P
    Now that I mentioned names, has there been anything revealed about the rules on them? If the game is all about story, I would hate running into people called "Refridgeraton" all the time

When you say that, it makes me think SWTOR is just WoW with a Star Wars skin ontop. :/
    I know obviously there will be similaries like very other MMO ever, but when you put it that way, that's how it sounds.
    I think he meant the opposite, that, if you actually look for them, you'll of course notice similarities with wow, but instead try to enjoy the game in its own right. However, if it does a rift on us, I'll be very annoyed, no offense to the developers, they did an AWESOME job for their first big mmo title, but it's just so similar to wow

better watch out, trollsbane, If TOR fails to deliver, I'll be forced to give you a VERY mean look for getting me hyped up

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Now that I mentioned names, has there been anything revealed about the rules on them? If the game is all about story, I would hate running into people called "Refridgeraton" all the time

I think he meant the opposite, that, if you actually look for them, you'll of course notice similarities with wow, but instead try to enjoy the game in its own right. However, if it does a rift on us, I'll be very annoyed, no offense to the developers, they did an AWESOME job for their first big mmo title, but it's just so similar to wow

better watch out, trollsbane, If TOR fails to deliver, I'll be forced to give you a VERY mean look for getting me hyped up
    The bane of any mmo, people with horrible, horrible names. You will see them.
    You will see Obilolkenobi, Darthwhiner, Quigayjinn, Yoga etc.
    You will see them!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    They can't stop people from having those names. Only on an RP server could name rules be enforced. Since non-RP style names, sometimes show some real creativey to be honest, I do ennjoy seeing some really random names that are creative, but yea Refridgeraton is bad lol.

10+ Year Old Account

Yep.

And I know. right... lol

As far as names, there was a dev post a while back that said certain names cant be taken, like darth, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Yep.

And I know. right... lol

As far as names, there was a dev post a while back that said certain names cant be taken, like darth, etc.
    So you mean the opposite, and it's not like WoW? :P I don't want to put the game down like or anything, since I want to play SW along side GW2, but I don't want to buy another WoW really.

15+ Year Old Account
    Apologies if this question has been asked before, however i have reasons to belive it hasn't:

How responsive is the game to movement commands?(in closed beta) I don't know if i can describe my question more accurately than that, but compared to WoW, as we all know is the top when it comes down to fluidness of combat and how well it behaves with movement, how good is SWTOR really? I have played Aion ( some time ago ) and found out that using certain abilities pin you while they cast so if you would want to cancel that ability and move you wouldn't be able to do it. In the first GuildWars game, movement felt sluggish aswell.

Thank you for your time!
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill