I didn't like this one as much as the other videos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Redgoon23 View Post
    I didn't like this one as much as the other videos.
    Ya, found it pretty dull tbh. But then again, that may just be because I find ranged classes boring anyways.

Deleted

Its very different for sure. IA doesnt have a lot of models to look up to like jedi knight etc has so it doesnt have the coolness factor from those models. But I think it loves up to its own pretty well

10+ Year Old Account
    Btw, there is a hidden update on the pre-order page:

CUSTOMERS WHO PRE-ORDER STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME BEFORE THE OFFICIAL LAUNCH. “EARLY GAME ACCESS” IS THE PERIOD OF TIME BEFORE THE OFFICIAL GAME LAUNCH WHEN PRE-ORDER CUSTOMERS MAY ACCESS THE GAME. EARLY GAME ACCESS MAY BE UP TO 5 DAYS. THE LENGTH OF YOUR EARLY GAME ACCESS DEPENDS ON THE DATE AND ORDER IN WHICH YOU REDEEMED YOUR PRE-ORDER CODE AT THE CODE REDEMPTION CENTER. SEE PRE-ORDER FAQ FOR MORE DETAILS.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post

CUSTOMERS WHO PRE-ORDER STAR WARS™: THE OLD REPUBLIC™ WILL BE ABLE TO PLAY THE GAME BEFORE THE OFFICIAL LAUNCH. “EARLY GAME ACCESS” IS THE PERIOD OF TIME BEFORE THE OFFICIAL GAME LAUNCH WHEN PRE-ORDER CUSTOMERS MAY ACCESS THE GAME. EARLY GAME ACCESS MAY BE UP TO 5 DAYS. THE LENGTH OF YOUR EARLY GAME ACCESS DEPENDS ON THE DATE AND ORDER IN WHICH YOU REDEEMED YOUR PRE-ORDER CODE AT THE CODE REDEMPTION CENTER. SEE PRE-ORDER FAQ FOR MORE DETAILS.
    Someone beat you to it. :P

I am wondering how they're determining the length of time...

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    IA video is up. Looks like I get to be the mustard. =p
    Yep you get to be the mustard. Totally happy about the update. TOTALLY PSYCHED for the game now! Took a long time for the video but I am sure not the operative is the class for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thornstar View Post
    Yep you get to be the mustard. Totally happy about the update. TOTALLY PSYCHED for the game now! Took a long time for the video but I am sure not the operative is the class for me.
    IA is definitely gonna be my first class but not because of that video. For me, it's because the chick who voiced female Hawke in DA2 will be voicing female IA. lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    It really isn't any kind of update at all. It say early game access MAY be up to 5 days. That means it could be 0, 1, 2, 3, 8, 10 etc. It really says nothing at all except that 5 is a good possible guess.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Only good thing about that video is that it makes it clear that everyone with talent at Bioware is still busy working on the game to make it awesome for launch, so they didn't have time to help the intern who threw it together. lol

Seriously, these official videos blow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Only good thing about that video is that it makes it clear that everyone with talent at Bioware is still busy working on the game to make it awesome for launch, so they didn't have time to help the intern who threw it together. lol

LOL! That is sooooooo true. Not really fond of any of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nov 11- Smuggler vs Inquisitor
    Nov 18- Studio Insider: Creating your character
    Nov 25 - Consular progression
    Dec 2- Trooper vs Imperial Agent
    Dec 9- Previously unannounced feature
    Dec 16- Hutt Operation
    Dec 23- Inquisitor progression
    Dec 30- Warrior vs Consular

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Dec 16- Hutt Operation
    *shifty eyes* You do work for BioWare, don't you?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Early game access sounds like it means it's up to 5 days, depending on when you entered your code.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Ya, found it pretty dull tbh. But then again, that may just be because I find ranged classes boring anyways.
    Operative portion was much better than the Sniper one for sure. Just sitting there sniping peeps in the head, in my opinion, is boring. Some people will like that kind of style though.

---------- Post added 2011-11-05 at 10:33 AM ----------

Dec 16- Hutt Operation
    If they wait until Christmas to give me my SI progression I will smack them!

Loved the IA vid. It has me torn.

The IA/Smuggler is the class I'd least want to play based on mechanics, but one of the classes I'm super psyched about as far as story goes. Either way, it won't be my main, but I'm thinking I'll be leveling one up sooner, rather than later.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/

Seems like it's set in stone - http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111104-0
    Early game access starts the 15th?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaronicity View Post
    Operative portion was much better than the Sniper one for sure. Just sitting there sniping peeps in the head, in my opinion, is boring. Some people will like that kind of style though.

---------- Post added 2011-11-05 at 10:33 AM ----------

If they wait until Christmas to give me my SI progression I will smack them!
    If they wait until then, it's a moot point as I will be a couple days into my own progression!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post

Different departments have different jobs. There is only so much you can do with a class that hides behind cover and pops out to shoot two times and then hides again. Nice hating tho :> love teh passion on teh intrawebz
    Last edited by Srg56; 2011-11-05 at 12:04 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alanni View Post
    Seems like it's set in stone - http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20111104-0
    Early game access starts the 15th?
    Perfect. Pre-ordered minutes into it on July 21st. Family coming over from Italy on the 22nd Dec so I have 7 days of TOR joy, nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Perfect. Pre-ordered minutes into it on July 21st. Family coming over from Italy on the 22nd Dec so I have 7 days of TOR joy, nice.
    Hehe I pre-ordered (and redeemed code) mine on July 21st too so I'm thinking I should get the full five days. Can't wait!