Deleted
    I found out a logical reason why the rakata boss is a such giant! (I bet Bioware will steal this one...) He is like a crocodile who never stop growing! after 25 thousand of years you can imagine the size (Yes I am one of the lurkers)

Quote Originally Posted by Ashbury View Post
    You know what, having actually driven, albeit only a test drive, a Nissan GT-R, I'd be happy to go out in a bang in that car. Preferably while doing crazy driving on some country, curvy roads. Alone of course. I don't want to injure anyone else.

It's THAT good. The thing is ABSOLUTELY insane. The guy from the store that was with me repeatedly gave me bad looks over my decision to hammer the gas pedal a few times. The car is crazy fast and an absolute blast to drive. If I am offered the car or ToR, screw ToR, I'm taking the GT-R.
    You know what, I agree with you. I drive the beast's little cousin, a 370Z, but the GTR is...mmmmmmmmmmm. I want it.
    "Gradually it was disclosed to me that the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart, and through all human hearts. This line shifts. Inside us, it oscillates with the years. Even within hearts overwhelmed by evil, one small bridgehead of good is retained; and even in the best of all hearts, there remains a small corner of evil." - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Desparion View Post
    I found out a logical reason why the rakata boss is a such giant! (I bet Bioware will steal this one...) He is like a crocodile who never stop growing! after 25 thousand of years you can imagine the size (Yes I am one of the lurkers)
    You'd think ancient Sith Lords like that would probably have some "enlargement" power or something. I mean, how else do they score babes after they're 1000 years old?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    'I mean, how else do they score babes after they're 1000 years old?
    'Star Wars Rophynol'...or 'Mind Trick' to use it's more common name

OT: Seeing that agent calling down the Orbital Strike marked the first time I actually considered the Imp version over the Smuggler.
    "Gradually it was disclosed to me that the line separating good and evil passes not through states, nor between classes, nor between political parties either, but right through every human heart, and through all human hearts. This line shifts. Inside us, it oscillates with the years. Even within hearts overwhelmed by evil, one small bridgehead of good is retained; and even in the best of all hearts, there remains a small corner of evil." - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashbury View Post
    I quite envy you about the roads you have in the U.S. Saw some Top Gear episode where they drove the new Challanger, a Crovette ZR and a Caddy through what they called the loneliest road in the U.S., or something. It was long, long stretch of straight road. Perfect for trying to fly away with your car.

And then, of course, getting a ticket.
    Yeah, some roads are great. About half of Texas is roads like that. Highway 50 is just one of those really long, straight roads.

Also, you only get a ticket if you get caught. Most cops won't even try to follow you if you're doing 150+ :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    You'd think ancient Sith Lords like that would probably have some "enlargement" power or something. I mean, how else do they score babes after they're 1000 years old?
    Hmm... Ancient super force user girl friend? That will be the last boss in second operational!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthTenore View Post
    ??????? i'm confused. there is going to be open beta along side of that. Open beta for the starting worlds only or what? what is the closed beta weekends for? clarify please.
    No open beta was announced. The EA person misspoke.

Quote Originally Posted by link064 View Post
    Yeah, some roads are great. About half of Texas is roads like that. Highway 50 is just one of those really long, straight roads.

Also, you only get a ticket if you get caught. Most cops won't even try to follow you if you're doing 150+ :P
    Dude, I want your roads...as well as Nuhrenburg. I'm aware I likely mispelled that
    Last edited by Crossfire; 2011-08-16 at 06:43 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TurnbuckleBill View Post
    I can tell you exactly how their beta weekends will work.

They will invite a whole bunch of random people.

People that only recently made accounts on TOR will post how they got in.

People that have less than 5 posts on MMO-Champ will post that they got in.

Your friends, especially the ones that are mostly satellite friends will let you know they got it.

Your friends, who really have about zero interest in TOR, other than they like to apply for beta tests will get in, and tell you how much it sucks.

You, and I, and anyone who's terribly jonesing for something new, since we have nothing better to do, and have followed TOR for the last 2-3 years, will definitly NOT get it.

The force is an evil bitch like that.
    You, sir, are accurate. I've already got an evil coworker who lets me know all the time about how great the beta is. But he "probably won't get it at launch, cuz ya know, I'm not really into Star Wars and stuff. I'd rather play [insert FOTM FPS shooter]."

And I foam at the mouth over the injustice of it all.
    SCUM AND VILLAINY
    You will never find a more wretched hive...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gin View Post
    by logical I meant that they are better by the look, design not actual story but yes I wrote my mind in short and not very clean way

to be honest every very star wars movie was stupid to me, my opinion, as drama fan ( ah it turns that I'm fan of somethings else than fun itself ) I liked shallow Anakin Padme romance and how he get her was amazingly fast etc etc.

about link you posted, well, I dont know if its his diction or accent but uhm it turns to be hardcore to my ears !
    and facts he mention about protagonist etc. it's mostly subjective, there's something about action movie, well, it turned nice I think, I'm not action fan as I mentioned drama all the way but comparing to old star wars I prefer visual 1999 pixels over lightsabers than dull dialogues in old ones, not like new one has better dialogues but fight looks better - it's really difficult to judge for me as I got interested in SW after A-P romance, I don't like story as whole but there's a huge potential to use and comics show struggle between light/dark force inside jedi.
    No worries. I do agree that the Star Wars plot isn't exactly Dostoyevsky. It's a basic story and was never really meant to be a literary masterpiece. The magic of the original trilogy can't be easily defined I guess. If it could be then films of that nature would be much more common than they are.

I prefered The Godfather to Star Wars tbh, heck there are many films I prefer to Star Wars BUT there's a certain magic I still get from watching the trilogy (OT). Something that Citizen Kane simply can't replicate for me. Nostalgia for my lost youth? A desire to return to innocence? Sabers and Pew Pew? No clue but that magic keeps me addicted to all things Star Warsy
    Last edited by mmoc3d23c7f243; 2011-08-16 at 06:49 PM.

You sir, get kudos for having read Dostoyevsky. Not too many people these days can claim that. Crime and Punishment remains my favorite, but I'm working my way through The Brothers Karamozov at the moment. It's a bit slower going, lol

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhidharma View Post
    No open beta was announced. The EA person misspoke.
    'Twas not an EA spokesperson. It was Dr. Ray Muzyka, co-founder of that little company known as Bioware. I hear they make pretty decent games.
    SCUM AND VILLAINY
    You will never find a more wretched hive...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can anyone tell me what the size of the raids will be? 8 persons? what size is that? that's like abit larger than a WoW party. I'm hoping for at least 25 man raids. Maybe even 40 men? hoping for at least more than 8.

The giant Rakata doesn't bother me at all. Hes a dark side force wielder who has been channeling the dark side for 20,000 years. I think that'll cause extreme mutations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by volar View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the size of the raids will be? 8 persons? what size is that? that's like abit larger than a WoW party. I'm hoping for at least 25 man raids. Maybe even 40 men? hoping for at least more than 8.
    Raid size of 8 and 16 confirmed so far.

The one thing I'm surprised nobody has mentioned regarding the giant Rakata is that he is definitely NOT that giant in the original EV trailer, so perhaps his somewhat ridiculous size has something to do with all the beams being channeled into him (IE there may in fact be an explanation of some kind). That said I think Rakata look kind of ridiculous anyway so it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other what size he is, I'll still think he looks stupid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    What is more immersion fail for me, BY FAR, than the boss' size is the room he is in. I thought the Eternity Vault is a prison, so why is in some fancy room surrounded by large cloaked statues of Rakata? Seems like odd decorating for a prison.
    Just because something is a prison for someone doesn't mean it has to be devoid of luxury or other things. Nothing indicates that the Rakata was a prisoner and not the warden. Besides the Star Wars universe is full of cultures creating lavish architecture and things for even "bad" beings of immense power. Given that the planet is Belsavis and was once part of the Infinite Empire it makes completely sense that the a Rakata prison would have Rakata technology and statues and other such decorations that they like.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Belsavis
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Hoping the operation size goes no bigger than 16 players personally.

Moreso, I hope whatever they decide to do regarding the player size, they stick with it. The transition in raid sizes from Vanilla to Burning Crusade was a pretty awful experience, we lost a lot of good people from that in my guild at the time and I hope to not have to go through with it again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callmeswarly View Post
    The one thing I'm surprised nobody has mentioned regarding the giant Rakata is that he is definitely NOT that giant in the original EV trailer, so perhaps his somewhat ridiculous size has something to do with all the beams being channeled into him (IE there may in fact be an explanation of some kind). That said I think Rakata look kind of ridiculous anyway so it doesn't really matter to me one way or the other what size he is, I'll still think he looks stupid.
    Quickly equip this new sig before the mods hit you: http://i.imgur.com/S3jAc.png

Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    Raid size of 8 and 16 confirmed so far.
    I'm glad they finally confirmed that. 8 and 16 seems like a nice easy system for difficulty scaling, loot drops and quality, mechanic scaling, etc. No complex fractions like 10/25 to decide loot drops and scaling.
    Last edited by conscript; 2011-08-16 at 07:05 PM.