Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    Would you like to have a real conversation, or would you like to just spew more nonsense? I'm asking out of courtesy. The ball's in your court here.

Explain to me how group combat is going to work, then look at what you've said, does that resemble anything you've seen, anywhere in any form of the Star Wars Universe?

The problem is Lucas sees a huge and continuous cash cow like WoW and wants a piece of it, and all the fans want Star Wars version of WoW. So its not hard to see why this game is getting made, the questions no one is asking is, "should it be made?" It cant be faithful to both the MMO genre and the Star Wars universe, at least not in the traditional sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Siilk View Post
    I agree. it took blizz years to impliment this feature and by that point most server communities were established. perhaps sometime down the track (1.5yrs + in, if its highly sucessful) it would be good.

And now, years after making server transfers too easy, server communities are crap, with like 2 to 3 trade chat trolls and guilds who only talk to each other. It's guild or nothing these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebontail View Post
    Explain to me how group combat is going to work, then look at what you've said, does that resemble anything you've seen, anywhere in any form of the Star Wars Universe?

The problem is Lucas sees a huge and continuous cash cow like WoW and wants a piece of it, and all the fans want Star Wars version of WoW. So its not hard to see why this game is getting made, the questions no one is asking is, "should it be made?" It cant be faithful to both the MMO genre and the Star Wars universe, at least not in the traditional sense.
    WoW did not have tanks and healers in Warcraft 1, 2, or 3, now did it?
    Conan movies did not have tanks and healers in the movies now did they?

Do I really need to continue this nonsense?

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

My number 1 problem with SWOTR. Everyone is going to want to be a an Inquistor. And I guarentee the class will be 1 shotting people when the game comes out.

Also I hate nerds who try to identify themselves as Sith, or Sith Inquisitors, like in their real life. Makes me want to vomit.

It's being made because Star Wars Galaxies was fairly successful in its time, and it was honestly an enjoyable game before all of the nerfs and constant changes to everything. A lot of stuff in it was flawed, but what other MMORPGS did they have to base themselves off of?

Looking at it now, they've explained that multiple classes can heal, tank and do damage. They've also got a lot better technology, it's an extremely credited company and they've got a lot better ideas they can bring to life to actually implement a smooth, solid game.

I don't understand what you're even trying to "argue". People have countered everything you said, yet you repeat it in a different way like a disabled animal.

Watch videos, that's how group combat is going to work. Look at WarCraft 3, does anything in World of WarCraft resemble that? No, because implementing World of WarCraft to follow WarCraft 3 would be absolutely absurd and we'd never have any games besides a select few because people are too ignorant and mad to let something "smear their view" of the product.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unferth View Post
    My number 1 problem with SWOTR. Everyone is going to want to be a an Inquistor. And I guarentee the class will be 1 shotting people when the game comes out.

Also I hate nerds who try to identify themselves as Sith, or Sith Inquisitors, like in their real life. Makes me want to vomit.
    I believe you will find that to be untrue on both everyone will be one and they will one shot anyone. =) I say that with 100% certainty.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-06-07 at 03:32 AM.

I believe you will find that to be untrue on both everyone will be one and they will one shot anyone. =)
    Well, to avoid stereotype (I guess) I won't be playing an Inquistor now.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just dropping in here again to say the new cinematic trailer "Return" dropped my jaw. I know, it's just a cinematic but wow. I haven't enjoyed cinematics so much since the original WoW one (BC was ok, and the ones for WotLK and Cata were pretty crap imo at least) but so far have loved the cinematic trailers for TOR. And this one had a smuggler in it! Albeit one that apparently hasn't heard of cover, but undeniably cool nonetheless. Woo hoo!

(Here's hoping I add some cheer to this thread as well, this was a happy place for TOR discussion last I checked..)

There are huge group fights at the end of Ep1, Ep2, Ep3, start of Ep5 and end of Ep6.

If you watch the flashpoint videos, a small group of 4 takes on multiple waves of enemies much like when Luke and friends are making their way through the Death Star in EP4, or trying to disarm the shield generator in EP6.

Quote Originally Posted by Carmakazie View Post
    man, with all this awesome stuff coming out of Bioware, i hope this game isnt a total letdown. if it is, and all my enthusiasm and excitement was wasted, i would probably loose faith in gaming forever
    if you love Star Wars it won't be a let down, the only thing is that it's not enough Star Wars nerds out there for keeping this game enjoyable. You need fresh meat.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgore View Post
    Well, to avoid stereotype (I guess) I won't be playing an Inquistor now.
    lol

-------------------------------------------

Bioware updated the setting page on their site:
    http://www.swtor.com/info/story/setting

---------- Post added 2011-06-06 at 08:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tobblish View Post
    if you love Star Wars it won't be a let down, the only thing is that it's not enough Star Wars nerds out there for keeping this game enjoyable. You need fresh meat.
    I think the game has a TON more going for it than just Star Wars lovers. We'll see.

I think my personal main is going to be a smuggler at this point, though I'm not ruling out a consular or inquisitor. All the classes look frigging badass, I'll probably end up playing each at some point.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Star Wars fanbase is immense.

And they'll attract people from all over the MMO and Video game world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    Just dropping in here again to say the new cinematic trailer "Return" dropped my jaw. I know, it's just a cinematic but wow. I haven't enjoyed cinematics so much since the original WoW one (BC was ok, and the ones for WotLK and Cata were pretty crap imo at least) but so far have loved the cinematic trailers for TOR. And this one had a smuggler in it! Albeit one that apparently hasn't heard of cover, but undeniably cool nonetheless. Woo hoo!

(Here's hoping I add some cheer to this thread as well, this was a happy place for TOR discussion last I checked..)
    For the most part it certainly is. We still have the occasional ass-hats who think they're cool cause they can't get punched through the computer for what they say, but the mods have been taking care of them well since we started reporting them. =)

lol

-------------------------------------------

Bioware updated the setting page on their site:
    http://www.swtor.com/info/story/setting

---------- Post added 2011-06-06 at 08:36 PM ----------

I think the game has a TON more going for it than just Star Wars lovers. We'll see.
    With GW2 coming it's a head on fight.
    SWTORs only chance against it would be a had start with release.
    Star Wars nerds are a plus but also a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    All the classes look frigging badass, I'll probably end up playing each at some point.
    I have to agree with this. I've looked at all the classes and tried to think of what I'd enjoy the most, but honestly, they all just seem extremely fun and it's probably going to come down to me putting paper in a hat and picking one.

Guild Wars 2 seems fun and all, but it's not as interesting (personally) as Star Wars: The Old Republic. Nice spelling too, WoW Nerd.
    Last edited by Pilgore; 2011-06-07 at 03:41 AM.

Star Wars nerds are about even with most nerds in my book. Can't be as bad as most of the people using these forums

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    The Star Wars fanbase is immense.

And they'll attract people from all over the MMO and Video game world.
    Why would you actually want to go form ex: WoW to SWTOR, the gameplay is a flaw compared to WoW and it's a new game.
    60% of the WoW players won't cope to learn another game.

Also as i mentioned earlier, GW2 is coming.
    It beats SWTOR on many many points except when it comes to owning your own Starship.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post

I would love for Blur to do a full featured Star Wars film.

I'll be honest, I wouldn't even be paying attention to this videogame if it didn't have lightsabers