10+ Year Old Account
    Early access info you should know:

If I am a member of a guild through the Pre-Launch Guild Program and have fulfilled all the requirements for import into the Game, will my guild be imported in time for Early Game Access?

All pre-launch guilds that are successfully imported to the Game will be notified of which server they have been placed on prior to Early Game Access. Once Early Game Access begins, the first character you create on the assigned server will be automatically invited to join your guild. You can choose to accept or decline the invite. If declined, you will be invited again each time you create a character on that server, unless you select the option to ignore future invites. Visit the Guilds FAQ for more details.

Will I see my digital items such as my Pre-Order Color Stone or the digital items associated with my Digital Deluxe Edition or Collector’s Edition during Early Game Access?

Everyone who has pre-ordered Star Wars: The Old Republic and redeemed their Pre-Order Code on our Code Redemption Center will be able to access and use their Pre-Order Color Stone during Early Game Access. To get your Color Stone, visit a mailbox in-game and pick up your in-game mail. Digital items associated with the Digital Deluxe Edition and Collector’s Edition will be available once you have redeemed your official Game Product Registration Code, and will be sent to you via in-game mail.
    Starting at Early Game Access, digital items associated with the Digital Deluxe Edition and Collector’s Edition will be available once you have redeemed your official Game Product Registration Code, and will be sent to you via in-game mail.

When does Early Game Access begin?

Early Game Access will begin on December 13th, 2011*, 7:00AM EST (Pacific: December 13th, 4:00AM PST; European: December 13th, 12:00PM GMT, 1:00PM CET), seven days prior to the official launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic. The length of your Early Game Access period will vary depending on the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. The speed of your download of the Game may also affect when you start playing.

If I pre-order Star Wars: The Old Republic but don’t purchase or obtain the full version of the Game, may I continue to play past the Early Game Access period?

The Game officially launches on December 20th, 2011 at 12:01AM EST (Pacific: December 19th, 9:01PM PST; European: December 20th, 05:01AM GMT, 06:01AM CET). There will be no ‘grace period’ post launch in which those who are in Early Game Access will be able to continue to play the Game without completing the following required steps for launch:
    1. Fill out your contact information
    2. Set up minimum 3 - maximum 5 security questions to protect your SWTOR account
    3. Redeem a Product Registration Code (This is different from your Pre-Order Code. Your Product Registration Code is the code tied to the official Game.)
    4. Sign up for a recurring subscription or enter a Pre-Paid Game Time Code
    You will have the option of completing these steps during the Early Game Access period so that you are ready to play upon the Game’s official launch.

How will I know when I’ve been granted Early Game Access?
    Starting December 13, 2011, 7:00AM EST (Pacific: December 13th, 4:00AM PST; European: December 13th, 12:00PM GMT, 1:00PM CET), The Old Republic will begin emailing invitations to start your Early Game Access. Invitations will be sent throughout the Early Game Access period offering rolling access to the Game in the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code, so be sure to check your email inbox!
    To see your Early Game Access status, log in to swtor.com and visit My Account >> Pre-Order.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orren77 View Post
    "You will also be required to sign up for a subscription to Star Wars: The Old Republic, however you will not be billed during your first 30 days of gameplay, as that is included in the retail cost of the Game."

Also from the FAQ i linked above.
    Thats still shitty as fuck. Why should I have to put up my credit card? I get a month free and I'm not sure why they insist that I should give them credit card information if (hypothetically) I wasn't going to continue playing. I see absolutely no reason for this.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamos77 View Post
    You don't want to know the amount of red zone pre-orders that were based on Stephen Reid's insistance that there would be a grace period. International shipping over xmas? Not the most reliable time to await a package on time.

I'm not directly affected as I have 3 DDE pre-orders I can use while waiting for my 3 CE boxes to arrive via mail. Problem atm is the huge amount of red zoner's going bat-guano on the forums (quite understandably imo).

Rule of thumb: If SR says the sun is shining...bring an umbrella just in case
    I don't want to sound rude, but even with a grace period, red-zoners would still have had much the same problem.
    I don't know the shipping times exactly, but I'm guessing 2-3 weeks normally wouldn't be unheard of and then this is right on top of Christmas as well of course.
    I don't understand why they're not doing a 1 day grace period and I still think they should, but there was just no way they could do a 1 week (let alone 1 month) grace period like some people have been asking for.
    The way I see it, those most affected by the lack of grace period are those who's orders are currently set to be delivered on the 20th/21st who will now have a break where they're unable to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Thats still shitty as fuck. Why should I have to put up my credit card? I get a month free and I'm not sure why they insist that I should give them credit card information if (hypothetically) I wasn't going to continue playing. I see absolutely no reason for this.
    Well, you could cancel the subscription right after setting it up, that way you won't get charged but still will be able to play for the first month. And if you don't want to give them your CC number, i understand they will accept paypal as a payment option so that should work(i plan to use that, i'm paranoid when it comes to disclosing my CC info).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orren77 View Post
    Well, you could cancel the subscription right after setting it up, that way you won't get charged but still will be able to play for the first month. And if you don't want to give them your CC number, i understand they will accept paypal as a payment option so that should work(i plan to use that, i'm paranoid when it comes to disclosing my CC info).
    Yea I am to, I REALLY would rather not put it up on the internet. I know I'll play the game for longer but I like to keep that kind of shit off the grid. Guess I'll buy a time card. Do we know which retailers will be carrying them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Goldsellers?
    The only reason I can think of now.

Deleted
    Yea I am to, I REALLY would rather not put it up on the internet. I know I'll play the game for longer but I like to keep that kind of shit off the grid. Guess I'll buy a time card. Do we know which retailers will be carrying them?
    I guess any retailers that also carry the game itself. At least true in my country: http://xzone.cz/nahledgame.php3?idg=2978 (warning: foreign language! )

Early Game Access* will begin on December 13th at 7:00AM EST, 2011 and ends on December 19th, 2011 at 10:01PM EST. During this time, we will be emailing invitations to join Early Game Access based on the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. Pre-load the game client now, so you're ready to play when your Early Game Access invitation arrives. Note that download time can vary and may take awhile.
    Just got that in an email

When did they change early access to 7 days?! O-o

It was the exact same with WoW. Had to add a credit card or time card in order to complete account creation & validation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    When did they change early access to 7 days?! O-o
    Couple hours ago

so for the digital deluxe stuff product code when or where was tha when we pre ordered?
    someone else might have gotten it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by tnpm View Post
    so for the digital deluxe stuff product code when or where was tha when we pre ordered?
    We don't have them yet. Sent SR a tweet asking when we'll get them but haven't had a response yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will 8 and 16 man operations provide the same level loot?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Will 8 and 16 man operations provide the same level loot?
    I believe they do. The difference is only in the amount of items looted. For better items you need to do a harder difficulty.

Seems like people are upset(they mad, mainly because of this http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=8064577) because of no grace period, I wonder if Bioware/EA will change their mind about that. It's only 1 day wait time for me, so not a big deal, but some people need to wait more than a week for their box to arrive.
    Last edited by Nev12; 2011-12-08 at 12:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    just got the email myself

Early Game Access* will begin on December 13th at 7:00AM EST, 2011 and ends on December 19th, 2011 at 10:01PM EST. During this time, we will be emailing invitations to join Early Game Access based on the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code. Pre-load the game client now, so you're ready to play when your Early Game Access invitation arrives. Note that download time can vary and may take awhile.
    so you get 2 hours to put in your credit card info and remove it heh
    Omians- 70 Troll Enhancement shaman, Emerald Dream

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    So anyone who didn't get digital version is pretty much screwed.

I cancelled my Amazon order since it wasn't going to arrive until the 28th of dec.
    I ordered mine thru Amazon too. But I played in both Betas and got an email to download the client for early access. So not screwed unless you paid extra

10+ Year Old Account
    The news about there being no grace period has got me worried, being in Australia Amazon says that my order won't arrive till the 28th - 1st of Jan, so I hope they don't go ahead with the whole no grace period, otherwise I could lose up to 2-3weeks of play

Quote Originally Posted by Omians View Post
    just got the email myself

so you get 2 hours to put in your credit card info and remove it heh
    Nah, I'm wondering if they plan a true global launch, with the stuff synced to Central US time, since that's where they are located. That's the only way that 10:01PM EST number makes sense.

So I was right!!!!!!! They did extend it like I predicted!