10+ Year Old Account
    Just want to put this up, taken from the FAQ:

When does Early Game Access begin?

Early Game Access may be up to five days prior to the official release of Star Wars: The Old Republic. The length of your Early Game Access period will vary depending on the date and order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order code, as well as where you live and your Internet service.
    So if got the code the same day pre-order started you may not get 5 days, maybe just one. Kinda sucks, however the importent thing is we get to play the game in the end anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Daniboy View Post
    Just want to put this up, taken from the FAQ:

So if got the code the same day pre-order started you may not get 5 days, maybe just one. Kinda sucks, however the importent thing is we get to play the game in the end anyways
    I don't think I've ever seen so many restrictions put on an early access for a game before... kinda weird. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok that bolded part really scares me now. Coming from a small European country, I truly hope I will get full 5 days since I put my code in few minutes after the announcement.
    Of lips of splendor and tongues of deceit

10+ Year Old Account
    That bolded part is just fucking stupid. /sigh

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsbane View Post
    I'm inclined to agree. Staggering it based on when you put in your pre-order code, fine, it's first-come, first-served, but where you live and your internet? What the hell?

10+ Year Old Account
    The internet part is just for the DLing so that is nothing to be worrid about, thats how I se it, however the where you live is something else. Not sure where to go with that....is it that US and EU is not starting at the same time due to time zone difference? Maybe just be that. Trying to stay posetive here.

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    Different departments have different jobs. There is only so much you can do with a class that hides behind cover and pops out to shoot two times and then hides again. Nice hating tho :> love teh passion on teh intrawebz
    Hating? No. Critising ruthlessly? Definately!

Seriously though, you can't honestly say that these videos live up to the quality you expect from a such high profile developer and their massive upcoming game. They look amateurish to be honest, this last one especially. If I hadn't seen or heard anything about this game and came across that video, I would've definately given it a miss purely on how mediocre the video makes it out to be. It boggles the mind how these things are getting approved.

---------- Post added 2011-11-05 at 12:57 AM ----------

Yup! I'm outside the US, didn't pre-order straight away and my connection isn't particularly great. I'm screwed!

10+ Year Old Account
    It can't really be related to downloading, because they've already said that the client will be availble to download before early access begins. So what the hell else could it be that relates to internet service? Comcast gets it first? LOL

Now I'm going to have to watch these stupid fucking "Bioware hates/discriminates against other countries and they are nazis" threads pop up all over again. Not to mention the, "why you add this bioware?!? All other things you said was only that it depended on when you put code in. Now you change it and me want smash head".

/grumble

Deleted
    Now I'm going to have to watch these stupid fucking "Bioware hates/discriminates against other countries and they are nazis" threads pop up all over again. Not to mention the, "why you add this bioware?!? All other things you said was only that it depended on when you put code in. Now you change it and me want smash head".

/grumble
    To be fair though mate don't you live in the US of A? If so then surely you can't understand the frustration people have over these kinds of scenario's. Of course these things will never affect you but you know that there are millions of us who don't live in the US and can therefore feel a bit let down when this kind of divisionist crap happens. Of course BW aren't Nazi's but it's easier to understand frustration when you're the victim of it not an observer casually watching it from afar. It will probably be a mixup or a few hrs of 'delay' however I can understand the frustration when these things pop up.

If you live outside North America then pls forgive my tone.

Tbh I've probably completely misunderstood your intention. If so, appologise I do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm saying that I really hate that people say Bioware are racists and discriminate against countries. Damn near every game launches in different zones at different times. It's nothing new to Bioware and TOR.

Being let down, and even pissed, I 100% understand. Acting like they hate a certain people, and treat others like scum, I think is very stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do agree with you Trolls on that point, I do hate when people call *Place random name here* nazis for something like this. Becouse it might just be something that is just for practical issues, and may becouse for better user experience. I just hope this with internet and where you live have something to do with timeszones and such and not a fact that UK gets in 2 days before Norway or sweeden, then at the last they Danmark is let inn. I just fear this last part but do not belive it is that.

Just that US get in then EU since the timezones or maybe even EU then US. Who knows, it might go the other way around. BW might be pulling a ninja on us all:O How cool had not that been

Deleted
    I'm saying that I really hate that people say Bioware are racists and discriminate against countries. Damn near every game launches in different zones at different times. It's nothing new to Bioware and TOR.

Being let down, and even pissed, I 100% understand. Acting like they hate a certain people, and treat others like scum, I think is very stupid.
    My bad. Yes the racist comments always did seem far fetched to me. The problem is the misinformation. IF, and I mean IF the early access will be based ALSO on where you live not just order of code insertion then it's an insult to every single player in whatever 'zone' Bioware decide to label certain countries this time. Red/Green was before, will we have purple/blue this time? Purple are peeps who pre-ordered from countries we like, Blue from countries that will wait til all the Purples get in.

I'm not in the red zone but I believe they're the ones BW means when they state 'where you live'...and I'm pissed off for them if that turns out to be the case.

Bobby from Auckland pre-ordered on day 1. He did so before Stephen Reid got his finger out and confirmed no IP block for red zoners. Bobby pre-ordered on faith he wouldn't be IP blocked. He got in before Larry from NY. However today, months after telling all and sundry that it's stictly first come first served, it looks like Larry might get in before Bobby just because NY > Auckland for pre-orders. That's what pisses me off.

I'm in the Green zone so I doubt this effects me but doesn't mean I can't be annoyed for the friends I have who are commies (red)

Guess it's best to wait for confirmation before blowing a casket lol.

I didn't think that Imperial Agent video was too bad. But I definitely will be going Operative over Sniper whenever I get around to leveling that class, Operative just looks a bit more involved than snipers, also I will have already have leveled a gunslinger by this time and I've heard that AC uses a lot of cover as well.

I liked it. It wasn't up to the quality of the Smuggler video (which was amazing), but it was pretty good. Kinda lame armor designs though, I hope they're just placeholders.
    Norn Mesmer: GW2
    Rattataki Sniper: SWTOR

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the armor designs, but thought the video the weakest of the bunch.
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2011-11-05 at 02:04 AM.

Deleted
    LOL...Where you live....timezones? If so /facepalm on my behalf.

If that's the case xcuse my previous drivel.

I'd be content with just one day of EA because then I wouldn't have to spend any "official" game time downloading the sucker. Gotta enjoy the little things in life.

so ya they said early access is going to be 5days long am i getting this right if you entered your code day 1 i.e 7/21/2011 you will get in on the 15th anyone figure that out yet the way they phrased it did not make it clear.

I entered mine on July 26. Hope I still get in the 15th. My guild I joined just pre-ordered about a week ago and not sure how many. Hvae a starnge feeling that I will be lvl 25 when they get in.

So far there is no information on who gets in, when.

I think it's safe to say that people who Preordered right around the announcement of the Launch Date back in September will have the best chances, though it's hard to tell.