Elemental Haste Question

Right now with the 4pt tier bonus and 1862 haste, my Lightning bolts are at 1.5 second cast time.
    I was just wondering how much haste is needed to get it down to 1.4 and is it worth aiming to get more haste to get it to 1.4 or just stack more mastery for dps increase?

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...qboom/advanced
    RIFT: Valakin lvl 60 rogue / Valakis lvl 60 mage - Zaviel EU, guild "Consortium"
    D3: 60 Barb, 60 Wiz, 60 WD

What is magical about 1.4 seconds? Keep focusing on the stats that are strong for you. Run a simulationcraft on your character to see the value of each stat, and go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by ccsabathia View Post
    What is magical about 1.4 seconds? Keep focusing on the stats that are strong for you. Run a simulationcraft on your character to see the value of each stat, and go with that.
    nothing "Magical" at all about it, was just wondering what haste was required to get it down to that, and Im sorry but Ive never used a "simcraft" so wouldnt know where to look / start
    RIFT: Valakin lvl 60 rogue / Valakis lvl 60 mage - Zaviel EU, guild "Consortium"
    D3: 60 Barb, 60 Wiz, 60 WD

Deleted
    the cast time reduction is progressive, it doesnt jump from 1.5 to 1.4 when you reach certain amount of haste... and the game calculates cast times to 3 decimals I think... more haste= always better not to mention that haste doesnt affect just LB but pretty much everything you do

Any amount of haste that doesn't make lightning bolt less than 1.0 cast time is good haste, also don't favor mastery over haste and vice versa keep the two stats even as they benefit from each other (faster casters means more chance for one of those casts to proc an overload)
    Hi Sephurik

With the above in mind - OP should actually look into getting some mastery ... over haste. Seems you reforged some mastery into haste - you might consider reverting that.

So nobody knows the answer to the OP's question?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rfarris View Post
    So nobody knows the answer to the OP's question?
    Well, it's sorta hard to calculate. Just don't see why it'd be relavant at all. :3
    Might wanna run some simcrafts though, as others have suggested.

The way elemental works is haste and mastery both work together. Trying to stack haste over all other stats really isn't the right way to gear yourself.

EJ has a list of what to reforge stats into, I suggest you head over there and check it out. Basically you want haste and mastery in equal amounts.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by op3l View Post
    The way elemental works is haste and mastery both work together. Trying to stack haste over all other stats really isn't the right way to gear yourself.

EJ has a list of what to reforge stats into, I suggest you head over there and check it out. Basically you want haste and mastery in equal amounts.
    I wouldn't say equal, but you don't want them completely disproportionate.
    Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!

my dps in simcraft is 73 dps higher if i reforge my mastery to haste