Deleted

problems about tanking prot warrior

hey mmo i am a prot warrior i was first dps in many hc but then i will respec to tank so i has grinded a few tank items could you guys maybe say why i has problems with tanking here is a armory link coming later because wow armory is down
    my expertise is only 14 could it be the problem

15+ Year Old Account
    Can you describe your problem in a little more detail, please?
    Reddfoxx the Warrior | @ReddfoxxMX | SWTOR Sentinel Reddfoxx, Marauder Reddfox @ The Harbinger Server

Deleted
    The fact he mentioned Expertise, my guess would be threat, but I am not sure..

if your threat is not where it should be. reroll to another class cus if you cant keep agro as a warrior you are quite bad in the game.
    charge cleave rend thunderclap cleave shockwave...cleave som emore i gues? (bezerker rage and inner rage at the same time = win)
    and if you cant keep agro after that.. put your nose on the nr 3 button. then roll from the left to the right then your sorted. if not your hopeless

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, when I started tanking (which was Vanilla) from being DPS at first what I found out was how hard it is. You're not used to swapping targets often. You're not used to be aware of what ability's you can use in what situation. You're still unsure about your priority's. You're still not used to watching your surroundings and keeping an eye on your other group members. It's something you learn by just doing it.

So do more of it!
    Warlock (SL main)

Deleted

Translation

Quote Originally Posted by fc0712 View Post
    hey mmo i am a prot warrior i was first dps in many hc but then i will respec to tank so i has grinded a few tank items could you guys maybe say why i has problems with tanking here is a armory link coming later because wow armory is down
    my expertise is only 14 could it be the problem
    Hello Mmo Champion forum people.
    I am a prot warrior, who was first specced DPS, after doing many heroics I changed my mind and respecced to Protection.
    I have already grinded a few items suitable for tanking, but could you guys maybe give me some information about why I am having trouble tanking?
    I will put an armory link here later because WoW Armory is down atm.
    My expertise atm is only 14, so could that be my problem?

No offense, was just trying to make it easier to read for everyone so they'd be more motivated to help you. ^^

I myself have got no info whatsoever to help you with your tanking, except that you should probably gear up in normals first for tanking, and then go to heroics.
    Tanking heroics with semi-dps-tanking gear is only possible when you have a very good healer and use a lot of CC, but with pugs, this is mostly never the case.
    I wish you good luck and much fun.

In regards to threat gen in heroics and such most trash is as mentioned above Charge(not always necessary)>>Rend>>Thunderclap>>Cleave>>SS>>revenge>>TC>>Cleave>>TC/Cleave/SS/Revenge when able to you should be able to keep threat on most dps.

Single Target is more priority system..

SS>>Revenge>>Rend(when not on target)>>HS>>Devastate.

Use marks! Find some useless keybindings(eg in my case num1-9) for that. Fast marking that helps you build threat on only one target. Mark scull and do some aoe threat. This will help you with the problem of having 3 dps on different targets. Wont work all the times but it can help a lot.
    English is not my native language and i type fast. So bare with my typos, like "jsut".

This is purely a guess, since I haven't seen your armory yet. But you mentioned "a few tank items", so I'm guessing you are just getting squished, which is a gear problem in general. Just because you are in plate doesn't mean that you can tank (for the most part). And another assumption is that you see geared tanks (or bad tanks who think they are geared) AoE'ing everything again, not using CC or marks, and you are trying to do the same, which is another problem. Until you have the gear to keep you alive through it, and the knowledge/experience of how to hold aggro on many targets, when to blow CD's, and which mobs are worse and therefor should be interrupted/shockwaved/concussion blowed/reflected/etc, you should be marking and using CC where possible.

Just my random thoughts, seeing your armory will tell a lot more though.
    Last edited by rofltroll; 2011-03-28 at 03:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

Deleted
    ok thanks i will link when armory is up again but right now the whole battle .net is down

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaver View Post
    Use marks! Find some useless keybindings(eg in my case num1-9) for that. Fast marking that helps you build threat on only one target. Mark scull and do some aoe threat. This will help you with the problem of having 3 dps on different targets. Wont work all the times but it can help a lot.
    As this guy said - put a skull on main mob for the dps to hit - otherwise you will no doubt end up with dps on different targets etc

Rend with thunderclap should be all that is needed then (with talent into Blood and Thunder)