Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Sadly I don't really feel like reading through 20 pages of a thread so I am just going to give my two cents after reading the first few posts and seeing the video.

For pretty much every plot of land there is around a 5-10 foot space between where the owners property ends and the road begins. For my house there is a ditch in front that is the property of the city, in this area there is also a pine tree that they have cut limbs off of almost every single year so they can clean the ditch. With that said it looks like this hoop was placed in that area seeing how there was a sidewalk. In most neighborhoods the sidewalk is city land. From what I saw in the video his land ended where the sidewalk began. So the city is has the right to remove the basketball hoop, though I do not believe the way they went around doing it was the right way to do things. It really does suck for this guy, but at the same time its not too much different if you were to put a basketball hoop up 10 feet into your neighbors lawn, it maybe your hoop, but they have the right to take it down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ooldoong View Post
    There -has- to be a better use of everyone's time than to take down some basketball polls that don't interfere with anyone. Yeah, I know, a guy complained... umm... how do you complain about a basketball poll and have anyone on a city council care whatsoever? Sure, if the poll is way too low and obstructing, or purely hideous, but that wasn't the case here. On top of all that, the way this was handled by the authorities was horrible. Clearly, if you have to have officers around to remove someone's basketball hoop that's been there for 60 years you made a wrong decision.

Now, is the poll on city property? Looks like it. Most cities it's 3-5 feet, but not all. Also, 60 years is a long time between rezoning and all that. When it was put in that place could have been county property instead of city, and would have more than likely been grandfathered in unless a rezoning had come through. Typically, nobody cares because nobody is such a tight &*% to complain about such little things in their life.

The person who complained must be 60+ and bored, or a pure drama fiend. I can only imagine how great Holloween and other holidays are going to be for that person. If you wanted to be a part of the community that's a great way to have someone light bags of poo on fire and set them on your porch. Nobody in the neighborhood will rat you out lol.
    See : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post10892796

That is the legality. and as someone said a complaint was registered, a City has to remove a violation like that if a Complaint is registered, because if someone gets hurt afterward the city has to pay for it.

Example you have seen tree to big to with branches over hanging streets. if someone complains to the city and the city doesn't cut the tree down and the branch falls and kills someone the city is responsible. with a hoop a kid could injure a knee while playing and a parent could then sue the city for medical.

Woodrow Wilson or Lincoln are the only ones who can really challenge him in earning the title.
    I'm curious how they're worse than a president who condoned genocide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orly View Post
    I Zeitgeist movies
    A well edited and completely fabricated fiction of a Movie. put down the tin foil hat breath, and think for your self.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    [in response to someone saying they should remove the 'outdated' 2nd amendment] Ya like there's not anyone alive that likes to hunt or fish...
    I don't think that people shoot fish out of the water. If the 2nd amendment was meant for that... and not to mention the majority of hunters do it for sport and not for survival. I'm sure it's a great pass time, but is it really necessary? There are other ways to get food, I'm sure.

---------- Post added 2011-03-28 at 05:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    A well edited and completely fabricated fiction of a Movie. put down the tin foil hat breath, and think for your self.
    Gothicshark... I like yoooo
    I had a cool sig... then photobucket ate my pics and now its borked. :/ oh wells...

Deleted
    Actually their descriptions of historical events are much more true than you average school book. However their solution is even more insane that what we have today.

Zeigeist is like any conspiracy theory.

It uses facts and things that could be true as a basis for the absurd.

Probably, but it should be enough to make people "think for themselves" ...cause blind and rabid nationalism does not sound like thinking for yourself to me. Perhaps there's truth in that movie? You sure prove it.

---------- Post added 2011-03-29 at 12:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Zeigeist is like any conspiracy theory.

It uses facts and things that could be true as a basis for the absurd.
    Meh....still better than believing most of the shit it's thrown at you daily. Of two bad things...should i pick the lesser one? Quite the dilemma :-?

15+ Year Old Account
    Probably, but it should be enough to make people "think for themselves" ...cause blind and rabid nationalism does not sound like thinking for yourself to me. Perhaps there's truth in that movie? You sure prove it.
    you should be able to think for yourself without having to look at conspiracy theories, and I doubt your average person who watches those movies will actually be thinking for him or herself. If you had to look to a movie before you could open your eyes and use your own brain, then your ability to be impressed by the ideas of others runs far deeper.
    I had a cool sig... then photobucket ate my pics and now its borked. :/ oh wells...

Meh....still better than believing most of the shit it's thrown at you daily. Of two bad things...should i pick the lesser one? Quite the dilemma :-?
    Why not try to figure out what's true rather than settle for what you view as the least stupid idea?

Quote Originally Posted by narzinor View Post
    you should be able to think for yourself without having to look at conspiracy theories, and I doubt your average person who watches those movies will actually be thinking for him or herself. If you had to look to a movie before you could open your eyes and use your own brain, then your ability to be impressed by the ideas of others runs far deeper.
    Tell that to Lothaeryn, then tell me how did it go

---------- Post added 2011-03-29 at 12:53 AM ----------

Why not try to figure out what's true rather than settle for what you view as the least stupid idea?
    When did i mentioned that i "settle" for that? Oh wait...that's right, you know all about me....

Tell that to Lothaeryn, then tell me how did it go

---------- Post added 2011-03-29 at 12:53 AM ----------

When did i mentioned that i "settle" for that? Oh wait...that's right, you know all about me....
    "settle" is the word your post implies.

"settle" is the word your post implies.
    Or the one that you "settle" for. Cwhatididthere?

Or the one that you "settle" for. Cwhatididthere?
    was it a poor attempt at snark?

I think it was.

But anyway Zeitgeist runs the full gamut of bad conspiracies. From 9/11 truthers to evil banker conspiracy.

Quote Originally Posted by narzinor View Post
    Also.... I did not need to look at that movie to open my eyes, I preety much knew all that stuff well before i saw it. I just like the America part of it, and to link it to those american guys who actually support their country both blindly and rabidly

---------- Post added 2011-03-29 at 01:01 AM ----------

was it a poor attempt at snark?

I think it was.

But anyway Zeitgeist runs the full gamut of bad conspiracies. From 9/11 truthers to evil banker conspiracy.
    I'll let you know when I'll care about what you think. After all.... everything that's in that movie hardly affects me, so I'll just go by thinking that I gave you the wrong impression that I actually believe that movie 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Basketball poles facing out onto a street are a menace not just for anyone driving through, but for anyone playing with it. If I had my way that guy would have gotten more than a stiff talking to as punishment.

I see poles like this around my neighborhood rather often, though they're not the type anchored into the ground. Someone will move it out to the street, and when their game is done they'll take them back in. Even that shouldn't be allowed.

Saying "well even if a kid does get run over it's the kid and driver's fault" is like saying we may as well not use any red lights, if there's an accident it's the driver's fault.
    i am guessing you are a few pairs of messed adult underwear away from being put in a home. Mind your own business. Some places dont have many places to play basketball and some can't afford a membership or a way to get there. So a bored kid cant go outside and shoot some hoops because old man river living down by the river doesnt like noise.

Regardless of what the law is, that women is an absolute BIOTCH, hopefully her name gets released and there is enough uproar to get her ugly ass fired.

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Regardless of what the law is, that women is an absolute BIOTCH, hopefully her name gets released and there is enough uproar to get her ugly ass fired.
    for following the law?

for following the law?
    Her job is public relations and she is absolutely terrible at that. Most people who are terrible at their job get fired.

Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    Her job is public relations and she is absolutely terrible at that. Most people who are terrible at their job get fired.
    Most employment decisions are made on more information than a short video.