Are there any cosmetic plug ins for recount?

For the most part I like recount, but it's very ugly and I definitely feel like it's cramping my UI's style. Are there any mods that give you more customization over recount?

I've seen some people use really nice looking dps / healing meters. Ones that update fluidly, or have nice background and border effects. Are those entirely different meters, or is there a way to make recount like that?

It's probably Skada that you're seeing.
    Skada is visually better than Recount, but monitors damage in a different way that may not be to everyone's liking.

Backgrounds and borders are often applied using KgPanels, by which a frame with the desired effects is created and often parented to the recount (or other meter) frame so it will have the same size and position.

I know that with the lui package, recount is designed to flow with the rest of the UI. same goes for omen. It also has options to swap from recount to skada, grid to vuhdo ect.

It's a complete overhaul of the UI and some don't like it, but everything flows very well together and can essentially be tweaked however you want.
    D3 - Aggs 60 Barbarian | Paladin | Warlock | Shaman | Death Knight | Warrior |