Is ZA (Lvl 70 Raid) really hard to solo for boomkins?

I tried soloing ZA (lvl 85 raid geared boomkin) and I couldnt get past any boss. I have no problems soloing Kara.

Is ZA not solo able for boomkins?

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should be able to solo it, I can do it as Enhance. What are you having trouble with?
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. ~ Albert Einstein

akil'zon might be hard from the fall damage.
    bear boss shouldnt be that hard just need to heal through abit of damage and the flame hawk boss should be cake.
    the panther(tiger?) boss could be abit hard from all the damage and totems etc...

I take so much damage. Boomkin healing is laughable. Plus as soon as I which out of boomkin form I lose the 15% dmg reduction.

If addons are just a crutch for healing, forks are just a crutch for eating spaghetti and real carpenters pound in nails with their foreheads.

I do this each week as boom. If you play conservative (ie healing early, not waiting till 20%) you shouldn't have any issues except possibly the tiger boss with totems. He hits like a truck. Just heal often while double-dotting him and the add and you should be fine. Wait for your cds for it too for that extra dps, and make sure you have dreamstate for the extra mana from innervate, heals are expensive. Other than that, it's not too difficult :-) Gl!

Also: the way I heal is to 3 stack a lifebloom, and a rejuv, and then go back to boom. Generally try and pop barkskin while out of boom form as well. Wait for those blooms to bloom, then repeat. If i really need it, on the tiger boss mostly, I'll spam a couple regrowths and maybe a healing touch or two after putting my lifeblooms/rejuv up, wait for it to bloom, then stacking lifebloom/rejuv again, then going back to boom form.

Edit 2: I'm ilvl 359 with 4pc if it makes a difference.
    Last edited by Leynal; 2011-03-29 at 12:45 PM.

Thanks Leynal.

Quote Originally Posted by Arktosa View Post
    You should be able to solo it, I can do it as Enhance. What are you having trouble with?
    I believe it'd be a bit different from Enhance. I haven't played that spec for a while now, but MS would help with self heals while you are doing decent damage output.

The problem with Boomkin, as the OP stated, is that the healing isn't very good.. and they lose their dmg reduction from being boomkin once they jump out of the form.

This would be a problem faced by most non-healing casters. Sorry I can't give any tips, I've only tried as a prot paladin, so it's a different kettle of fish
    Quote Originally Posted by Dominating View Post
    I wish Blizzard would realize that adding features designed to achieve convenience for players in turn make this game more of a job