Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    He will be noticeably harder to heal, dodging less than the average bear. It should still be doable though, but it might be harder on the tougher bosses like Cho'gall or Nefarian.
    well talking with our main tank in the guild, a bear of course, the last thing he told me was the stamina wasnt the king anymore. im guessing he could be fine but yes harder to heal, trinkets would need to be replaced tho, as soon as he gets gear he will get better but at the start it may be a little hard on healers indeed. also gems , enchants , and reforging is prolly something you want to change on his gear , even if he keeps dps gear , he needs glyphs and everything on it.

I forgot about reforging, but what do Kitty's reforge to? If its mastery that's all good. Crits not bad either and haste would even help.savage defense a bit. Also Meta gem and a few enchants.

Yeah, like people have said, I'm pretty sure kitty gear is the same as bear gear, except for bear you gem for stam, agi and mastery, whereas with kitty you gem agility
    Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    Finally someone uses the Second Amendment for what it was meant for: Shooting people who do stuff you don't like.

The biggest loss in this is missing out on dodge reforging. It's a bit of a pain for healers, but since your cat gear will be reforged all mastery, you'll still be getting some benefit from it, just not as much as dodge would give you. Beyond that, there's only a few real big differences between "cat" and "bear" itemization. On a slot-by-slot basis:

Head: stam/dodge enchant and armor/stam meta over the DPS ones.
    Back: armor enchant over agility.
    Gloves: armor kit over strength enchant.
    Legs: agil/stam leg armor over ap/crit.
    Boots: agility/runspeed over just agility.
    Trinkets: it depends, Tia's/Fluid are perfectly viable tank and dps trinkets, but you'll probably want a stam one for magic fights.

Of those I would say the helm, legs, boots, and a stam trinket are the most important ones. Get those, sub in your DPS gear in the other slots, and use a bear spec, you'll be fine. It's what I did for the first month or so of raiding, until I gathered a second set of 359s (I'm the third tank on Halfus, Cho'gall, and Maloriak).

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

Quote Originally Posted by Lune View Post
    Yeah, like people have said, I'm pretty sure kitty gear is the same as bear gear, except for bear you gem for stam, agi and mastery, whereas with kitty you gem agility
    We gem for Agility > Dodge/Stamina.
    Bears and Cats also reforge differently. Bears reforge exclusively to Dodge Rating. Cats to Mastery > Crit/Haste