Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashareth View Post
    Whatever happens "I'M THE TRUTH, EVERYONE ELSE SUCK, www.itworksforme.com,...." so others are the problem.
    (even if I didn't read the thread and don't understand half of what is discussed in it, since i'm right, whatever i THINK it is about, must be the truth...)

Honestly, if you have no clue and can't get out of you own little personal world, don't post. EVER.
    Oh, I fully understand how threat works and how not to pull it. I do not need to read 50 posts about it to have a valid opinion (answer), but I did anyways. Would I like a threat dump? Sure, why not. Do I need one? Nope. Why? Because I do not blast OBs while the tank is situating the boss. After that boss is positioned there is no way for me to pull off of a vengeance stacked tank that is doing their job.

It sounds like you must play with some horrid tanks or you do not let them get aggro. If you really have it that bad, get a pally to toss salvs your way. Somebody has to benefit from that spell now

I wonder if the top parsing frost or warriors ever complain about threat? Nope. You are not putting out more damage than them.

Yep, that is it. Absolutely a L2P issue.
    Last edited by Roose; 2011-04-05 at 03:59 PM.
    I like sandwiches

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar Killer View Post
    i didn't say it was a tank problem apparently you didn't read my post. i said if the tank gets the necessary threat inducers and gets off the needed abilities and is still not holding threat THEN its a tank problem. i have NEVER had issues with threat as a tank, not in LK and not so far in Cata either. You can go on all day about = gear and what not... my tank set is no where near what the dps has and yet i still have never had an issue. there are always issues of serious burst right at the beginning but as i already stated if you give the tank adequate threat time right in the beginning there shouldn't be an issue because math and mechanics prevent the tank from sweating while he worries if his threat is enough to hold the DPS threat at bay. Blizzard simply made that not an issue and it has been tested.

just because you cannot read what i said doesn't mean that blizzard doesn't know what they are doing. its the DPS's fault. hell i tested THIS theory last night as UH and pulled threat off the tank by attacking Ony at the same time as the tank and guess what happened... i pulled it off him for a second or two, long enough for her to attack me once. its called DPS failure NOT tank failure. i said that if the tank does what is needed at the beginning and still cannot hold threat THEN its a tank problem because hes not doing the correct sequence and needs to learn how to maintain threat.

and stop trying to poke fun at people who obviously know more about the situation than you do. he is absolutely correct in his theory. it has been tested by ... you guessed it - BLIZZARD. they have already corrected threat problems but not if you hit the target for 65k in the first 2 seconds of a fight vs the tanks 5k. guess whos gonna get more agro... Drum roll please... dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum dum... Tis!
    the moron DPS that is now sleeping on the floor of the battleground.

I guess reading and understanding what you read isn't your strong point. Nor is understanding something you don't want to acknowledge.

So, let's go at it YET ANOTHER TIME, for the slow minded that refuse to understand.

THE PROBLEM LIES WITH THE FACT THAT Frost DK/Wars HAVE TO wait 2/3 times more than any other class at start to be sure not to pull, and YET still end up riding the tank's threat at some point (specially when everyone starts to be geared, tanks included, meaning more avoidance and less vengeance).

THAT'S THE PROBLEM, and that's what is discussed in this thread. It's not fair, normal, or balanced to be FORCED to wait longer than others due to some shitty design making those classes/specs aggro whores, just because Blizz sux at game design and refuse to acknowledge their mistakes.

Can people avoid the problem by waiting at the start ? YES
    Do they have to wait LONGER than others (and hence do less damage) ? YES and it's unfair.

It's an easy fix to tone down the threat generation of those specs by a fixed% and it'll fix it once and for all. Just bring them to the same level as all other melee specs (taking the threat dump/transfers into account too).

But i guess once again you won't READ and keep going on how it's a player problem and people should wait longer gnagnagna....
    (honestly your posts became pathetic a long time ago, it's like you CAN'T even start to accept there MIGHT be a problem, it's not possible ever in your world, YOU ARE RIGHT, others do badly ).

Deleted
    Thorns is fun.

I wish I had a portable Moonkin I could carry around with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Roose View Post

I wonder if the top parsing frost or warriors ever complain about threat? Nope. You are not putting out more damage than them.
    They probably aren't, especially since they are in high end guilds and most likely have a dedicated Salv for them. But those DKs in the middle ground guilds like myself do have issues, especially when fighting for a raid spot with our middle/bottom middle DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feawen View Post
    They probably aren't, especially since they are in high end guilds and most likely have a dedicated Salv for them. But those DKs in the middle ground guilds like myself do have issues, especially when fighting for a raid spot with our middle/bottom middle DPS.
    No salv buffs listed that I saw. May be missing something though because I am not a pro WoL reader.

Perhaps those record setting DPS have tanks that excel at their jobs and no salv is needed?
    I like sandwiches