Smile How to Halfus 10h

i hope i dont get many different answers but thank you anyway
    i just wonder if there is a "BEST" way to do halfus 10h in a 2tank(bear,pally)+3healz(pally,shamy,disc priest) 10man group. HOW?

posting dps just if its necessary -> rogue,pally,hunter,mage,lock
    no specs cuz we can use whatever is necessary

10+ Year Old Account
    The way we did it was with 3 tanks (1 pally, 2 warrs, myself included). The most geared tank will take Whelps, Slate, and Time Warden. The other two will trade off Nether Scion and Halfus, maintaining interrupts and cleaving as much as possible. DPS will go on an all-out nuke for Time, then Slate. Once the second one is close to dead, that tank will take Nether, easing the healers' pressure on the other two tanks. Tank AOE on whelps is enough to kill them, but if you don't have a heavy AOE tank, have the warlock go Demo to assist in AOE once the tank has enough threat.

Once the dragons are all dead, the fight becomes MUCH easier. Your healers should be busting pretty much all mana/healing CDs in the first phase. Once it's just Halfus, the only thing people need to worry about is tank taunt rotation (have as few MS stacks as possible) and interrupting Shadow Nova.

Once he hits 50% he starts doing Furious Roar. Your paladins can bubble through the last roar then interrupt the following Shadow Nova. The mage can do the same with Blink, and if I'm not mistaken, the rogue can cloak and do it.

With the damage increase in P2, you should only have 3-4 Roar phases before he goes down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abolishment View Post
    Hakto: English is an evolving language. When I say "I am gay", some people choose to interpet that as "he defines himself as gay, gay, and nothing but the gay, so help him Robot Unicorn Attack".

Deleted
    We run with 2 tanks as well. Our healing setup is Pala-disc-druid.
    We release Time, Storm and slat to begin with and just nuke them in a random order. When 2 of the drakes are down we release the whelps. When all are down we release the Slate but we only focus on killing Halfus.

The healing is very intensive and you tanks shouldn't get more than 7 stacks before taunting. Our pala tank pop his dodge trinket and then bubble his stacks off when they reach 8-9 right after the pull. We do the drakes in this order because we got really shit AoE btw.

Gl

Start with druid tanking Halfus and Nether / paladin tanks Time, Storm, whelps. Don't need to wake up Slate at all.

Druid pull Halfus at some distance and paladin wake up Time. Hunter and rogue release Storm and whelps, use misdirection / ToT to paladin. Another DPS release Nether and druid taunt it.
    Druid should keep ranged from Halfus as long as possible before Nether's debuff applied.

Druid tank interrupt Halfus with focus kick macro like '/cast [@focus,harm,nodead][] Skull Bash(Bear Form)'.

Whelps can easly get AoE'ed with fire mage and demonology lock, so rest DPS burn down Time or Storm first with bloodlust up. The most important thing is to burn the first drake as fast as possible. Tanks should use chain CDs at the beginning of fight.

Remove druid's debuff when it stacks 6~10 with HoP, immediately /cancelaura and tank till another 6~8 stacks. Then paladin taunt Halfus, remove debuff with Divine Shield, /cancelaura and tanks for another 6~8 stacks.

Tanks just need to taunt boss when his debuff ends from now on. Kill remaining drakes and it's easy tank and spank.

If you want to avoid getting MS stacks on your Halfus tank early, before Nether applies the debuff to the boss, you can have your hunter leave his pet by the door and MD pull to the pet. It'll take Halfus a while to get there, and by the time he's there your tank can taunt him. Nether should be up by then.

Quote Originally Posted by ekardnah View Post
    Start with druid tanking Halfus and Nether / paladin tanks Time, Storm, whelps. Don't need to wake up Slate at all.

Druid pull Halfus at some distance and paladin wake up Time. Hunter and rogue release Storm and whelps, use misdirection / ToT to paladin. Another DPS release Nether and druid taunt it.
    Druid should keep ranged from Halfus as long as possible before Nether's debuff applied.

Druid tank interrupt Halfus with focus kick macro like '/cast [@focus,harm,nodead][] Skull Bash(Bear Form)'.

Whelps can easly get AoE'ed with fire mage and demonology lock, so rest DPS burn down Time or Storm first with bloodlust up. The most important thing is to burn the first drake as fast as possible. Tanks should use chain CDs at the beginning of fight.

Remove druid's debuff when it stacks 6~10 with HoP, immediately /cancelaura and tank till another 6~8 stacks. Then paladin taunt Halfus, remove debuff with Divine Shield, /cancelaura and tanks for another 6~8 stacks.

Tanks just need to taunt boss when his debuff ends from now on. Kill remaining drakes and it's easy tank and spank.

what if we dont release Time till we get whelps down?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaarah View Post
    what if we dont release Time till we get whelps down?
    You would get nuked pretty hard by the fireball machine gunning.

Anyways, sensible thing is to respec that pala to protection and just run with 3 tanks, its just so much easier on your raid healers that way.

We did it 2 tanks 4 heals. I've heard of 3/3 as well though. Probably easier 3/3. When we did it with 2 tanks though we rotated through various healer CDs and of course taunted as stacks got high.

Deleted
    we killed him with 2 tanks and 3 healers, tried it with 3/3 but the healers didnt seem to keep up with tank+group healing

thats how we did it(and probably will stick to it): nether, storm, time first - after 1 and a half are dead release welps to lower raid dmg.

pala/warri tank - disc priest, resto shaman, resto druid

release storm

INTERRUPTS ON HALFUS

release whelps

ignore halfus

PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEW

whelps dead

release time warden

PEWPEWPEPWPEWPEWPEWPPEWPEWPEPWPEW

storm is dead

PRIEST IS OOM

DROP MANA TIDE

storm dead

time dead

PEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWPEWP

halfus dead

lewts

edit: (mage should be fire warlock should be demo pal and hunter should focus storm then time rogue should sit on halfus and interrupt and tanks should swap at no more than 6 MS stacks)
    Last edited by fews; 2011-04-03 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fews View Post
    halfus dead

lewts
    Sounds about right.
    We 2-tank 3-healed it. Pally/DK tanks, and druid/shammy/pally (or disc priest) heals. Trick is to use pally bubbles to clear stacks efficiently, and when those are on CD we swap between halfus and a drake or two. We have our ele shaman focus interrupt halfus. ZOMG HEALS until a few drakes are done and then you just win. Helps to have a fire mage pull 110k DPS on pull to get the whelps down quick too.

Deleted
    On the weeks when we only have 2 tanks, we either don't release the whelps or we don't release the time warden. Depending on dps setup.

So if we have good AoE. We release

Nether + Storm + Whelps

Whelps gets blasted of the face of the earth, usually our demo locks tanks them ( Kind of unavoidable due to his aoe dps )
    The tanks takes 1 drake each and switch of halfus, we use bops to remove the stacks if needed.
    We release time after whelps + the first drake are dead.

If we don't have that good AoE ( i.e. Lock is not in the raid )
    then we release
    Nether+Storm+Time in pull.

We release whelps after the first two drakes are dead.

This is mostly due to our tanks and healers being in a majority blue geared. If you have better gear it is surely doable to release all except slate, however, if you are having problems with tank deaths, it is very viable to not release time warden or whelps.

Think to think about.

If you don't release whelps: The raidwide flamebreath will deal more damage, just use divine guardian or a aura mastery or something and its fine.

If you don't release time: Spread out, you can't avoid the fireballs. easily healable.

Deleted
    Never release slate.
    Always release Nether and Storm

If 3 tanking release whelps and time
    If 2 tanking probably best to only release 1 of them. If you have lots of AoE take whelps first, if you have single target take Time.

Rotate BoP and Bubble as needed to reset heal debuff stacks from Halfus.

Really it's much easier to 3 tank it. 3tank/3heal > 2tank/4heal > 2tank/3heal. All are doable, just stacking your raid with weird comps makes this fight easier. DPS concerns should be a non-issue with any decent DPS and a disc priest helping out with smites.

@OP if you're set on 2 tanking it, have your bear take Boss + Nether and Pally take Storm + whelps. When whelps die take Time Warden.

Tanks should save CDs for when the get to 3-4 stacks and are tanking boss+drake. Use BoPs and bubble at 7-8 stacks to reset them. It's very important to have DPS good enough to kill shit before you run out of BoPs and tank CDs.
    Last edited by mmocf1640b68b7; 2011-04-03 at 08:39 PM.

Deleted
    Isnt it possible when you have a fire mage and a affliction warlock to have them tanked by the mage with his mirror images? Or don't they go down that fast enough?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorune View Post
    You would get nuked pretty hard by the fireball machine gunning.

Anyways, sensible thing is to respec that pala to protection and just run with 3 tanks, its just so much easier on your raid healers that way.
    Nah, its not that bad, that's actually how we do it. Release Nether, Storm, and Whelps; kill the whelps, release time, kill storm and nether, then just OT Time the rest of the fight and never touch Slate.

We do 4-heal 2-tank it though. If someone is 3-healing it with 2-tanks I don't know what is handled more easily: the additional tank damage of having Time up or the additional raid damage from the fireballs. Probably depends on your healing comp, as well as how fast you get the whelps down. We usually have 2 fire mages so they die pretty quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by drunkanddive View Post
    Isnt it possible when you have a fire mage and a affliction warlock to have them tanked by the mage with his mirror images? Or don't they go down that fast enough?
    They do go down pretty quickly but not that fast. They would devour the 3 MI's very quickly and then you'd be in trouble.
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2011-04-08 at 03:14 PM.

Hey mate, and welcome to hardmodes :- )

luckily you have a paladin, makes the fight alot more easier. First, make your bear with as much dodge as possible pull Halfus. Use a agi pots for more dodge, if you feel like it. The stacks only applies when he succsessfully hit, so great avoidance makes the encounter alot easier. Then have your pala open cage. A healer should talk to time Warden, while your rouge talkes to Storm Rider. At the same time your hunter is standing at nether.
    When the boss is pulled, everyone release there assigned targets. The hunter then MDs the Nether to the Halfus tank. The rouge use some energy cooldown (dont know the name) and tott the pala. pala picks up Storm Rider and Time Warden.
    Now, use all cooldowns bursting down time Warden, with hero, while AoEing the whelps. tanks use all cooldowns, same with healers. When the druid is starting to take alot of stacks, make the pala BoP him, make sure he has a cancelaura macro, and keep on going.
    Remember also to interupt Halfus. When Whelps and Time Warden is dead, the encounter is pretty much over. The Druid should then have some stacks again. He will use his AoE taunt, and instantly the pala will taunt Halfus off him. Kill Drakes, and keep on interupting and tankswitch when cooldowns are off. When all drakes are down, decide urself if you want slate or not. We release it for some more numbers, but this is something you might not wanna do.
    Burn boss, and interupt as much as you can of the Furious Roar Shadow Nova's. Mage blink, pala bubble and some other things work. Shouldnt be an issue. Kill boss and loot

After this I would recommend you to go either Atramedes or Chimaeron next : ) good luck <3

---------- Post added 2011-04-08 at 03:29 PM ----------

also remember to be moving as much as possible for the raining fireballs, and stack everything up in the middle. Forgot to say

With a 2tank/3heal strat I found it easier to release leave whelps/slate unactivated until time warden is down, then releasing whelps afterwards.

The idea of controlled raid damage vs RNG fireball gibs was a better alternative for us.

Deleted
    I as warrior tank get MD'd halfus while we have an OT and a DPS warrior with shield tanking other stuff. When halfus gets to me I pop my dodge trinket and does the first interupt. Then I heroic leap to the place where everything is being tanked (at the whelp cage), when halfus get to me it's about time for second interupt, after this our shaman will windshear the rest. Then I wait till I have 10 stacks about, call it on vent and get bop'd with a cancelaura macro. Then I keep tanking till the stacks get to 5-6 and the OT picks halfus up. Then it's just about rotating.

10+ Year Old Account
    We 2-tank (blood/pally) and 3 heal(pally/priest/shaman)

I tank halfus on the pull and the pally takes, storm-nether-time. When I get to 10 I call for BoP to clear the first set of stacks. By the time I'm up to 6/7 again we usually have 1.5 drakes dead.
    After the 2nd drake dies, we release the whelps and then you're laughing from there on.