Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Do You Roll Need On BoE In RDF?

I was doing heroics through RDF and Arrowsinger Legguards dropped. I was a Hunter.

I decided to roll Greed instead of Need because I assumed it was "pug etiquette."

Starting to regret that decision lol. It would've been an upgrade from my Hillside Striders.

Any thoughts?

I roll Need if it is an upgrade or if someone else rolls Need and it is not an upgrade for them. If no one else is rolling first, I just bite the bullet and Need it if it's a 359 piece.

: / If you can roll need, always roll need. There is no etiquette anymore, everyone is out for themselves, and only themselves. Why shouldn't you be?

I roll need on upgrades.

Wait to see what other's roll, need if someone needs, greed if all greed

Deleted
    Need on BoE, sell on AH, it increases my DPS by buying my pots and flasks.

If I'm going to use the item, then I'll roll <Need>, always... I then, promptly, equip the item to show the rest of the group that it will not be going to the AH.

If it isn't an upgrade for myself, I play it by ear. If someone says "I'm rolling <Need> to use" then I'll pass and ask them to equip it, but if no one says anything, and I see someone else roll <Need> then I'm rolling <Need> too. If you don't want to go through all of this, just roll <Need>, dungeon-etiquette is pretty much non-existent at this point, so it isn't like anyone will be shocked.

if you actually need it, you roll need. end of the story.
    any people using the excuse "i need it for the gold" should be shot on sight.
    Last edited by koimagheul; 2011-04-04 at 06:31 PM.
    10 years ago we had Steve Jobs, Bob Hope and Johnny Cash. Now we have no Jobs, no Hope and no Cash.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah just roll need. Everyone else is going to do so because we all want more gold or have an alt that could use said drop.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Francis1 View Post
    I was doing heroics through RDF and Arrowsinger Legguards dropped. I was a Hunter.

I decided to roll Greed instead of Need because I assumed it was "pug etiquette."

Starting to regret that decision lol. It would've been an upgrade from my Hillside Striders.

Well seeing as you're a nice guy like me, there's a way around this.

Roll need no matter what, if someone truly needs it as an upgrade and is nice / not an ass, hand it over. Make sure whoever wins it for the purpose of using it equips it there and you'll know they were telling the truth, if they don't nothing you can do really but it's for your own peace of mind.

I've had people roll need on something I could use, win it, then hearth. I don't get why people are such assholes. As long as there is cross-server anything, this will always be the case though (name changes don't help either).

On the other hand, you could argue since it's so valuable and the whole group helped get it that it should be the right for anyone to have it.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

I roll need on anything that is an upgrade. Regardless of spec or what spec I am currently in. If I'm doing a Random Heroic its because I either 1. Need gear in a certain spec or specs, or 2. I just need the valor and I pass on everything else. If a BoE drops and I need it for any spec, be it tank/dps/healing, I'll definitely be needing on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not unless it's an improvement to what I'm using.

And I'm alsways certain to let the group know it's an improvement so they don't accuse me of ninjaing it.

I'd say etiquette should dictate all roll Greed on any BoE, even if it's an upgrade for the spec they're playing. Even more so in the case of world drop recipes. Just because you have Jewelcrafting doesn't mean you get that meta recipe (had someone Need ninja this on a PUG run - they got kicked instantly).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tankabull View Post
    : / If you can roll need, always roll need. There is no etiquette anymore, everyone is out for themselves, and only themselves. Why shouldn't you be?
    Cynical view is cynical.

I'm glad most of the people I play with aren't like you.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wait and roll last, it seems most ppl roll Greed, then i come with my Need, even if its upgrade or not.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

I try to be nice to pugs but there is a line 10,000+ gold or the respect of some player I will never see again...uh I will take the money
    Hi Sephurik

10+ Year Old Account
    I ALWAYS roll Need on random epics like that.

If it's crap like Rainsong or Darksky treads, I could care less.

I'm not going to pass up an opportunity for 20K+
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    God damn right I roll Need if I can. Everyone else always does too.

I NEED the 20 grand I can get on AH for those items quite a bit
    “Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy." ~Frank Sinatra

BoE is free roll

Always Need on BoE's.