Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I kind of hope 4.1 is soon. Will just add some extra stuff in the game while I continue to progress in heroic content. I'm looking forward to the Zul'Aman and Zul'Gurrab 5 mans.

Also looking forward to the new socket in the caster shield

Quote Originally Posted by wxcopy View Post
    The talented guys were pulled off WoW and it was given to the "B" team. The devs are playing the Titan alpha, don't give a crap about WoW, and it shows.
    and you know this how? wow is the best it has ever been

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    wotlk at release:

Naxx: 15 bosses (16 if you include biggles)
    EOE: 1 boss
    Voa: 1 boss

Both 10 and 25 man so 36 encounters each week.

Cataclysm:

BWD: 6 bosses
    Throne of the four winds: 2 bosses
    Bastion of twilight: 4/5 bosses
    Baradin hold: 1 boss

one encounter per boss per week = 13 encounters

that a bit less than a third of the amount of killable boss encounters, and while Half of wotlk's encounters were the same, due to 10/25, it still gave players something to do.

One of the reasons I found cata to be lacking at release is the lack of boss encounters/week, 13 is ridiculously low IMO.

(the others being archaeology, SSDD, and just having other stuff to do)

1-60 revamp doesn't interest me a bit so cata wasn't something for me, and unless blizzard does some extraordanary stuff, wow will stay off my hard drive
    Also I levelled a character, and except for westfall, I didn't even find the quests better, just more theme parked.

Of course this is personal so if you like cata, by all means enjoy it to the fullest and have fun in zul'gurub/aman
    What he said ^^

I'm looking forward to the two new 5 mans, an apparently epic questline for 85s in STV, new archaeology stuff, the JP/honor exchange (getting to play how I want, same time invested? Hell yes!), call to arms (I'm a tank :3), guild challenges, and cooking/fishing dailies in the other 4 original cities.

It's not the most content heavy patch ever, but it's enough to satisfy. My hope is that 4.2 comes out very shortly after. While I doubt I'll be raiding Firelands for a while, I'm looking for to the daily zone, and whatever else is coming with.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleicious View Post
    Unless you're 13/13 heroic, the content isn't stale yet.

Seeing as most guilds aren't even 12/12 normal, it would be stupid for Blizz to release Firelands this early.
    That's quite pompous of you to determine what is or isn't stale for other people. A lot of people, myself included, dislike hard-modes for the most part. It's the same content as normal mode, just on a harder difficulty.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durendal View Post
    Okay, here is what people don't understand, 4.2 is coming out the same time 3.1 came out in wotlk compared to when the expansions were released...4.1 is extra content, stop complaining, enjoy it.
    4.2 would have to come out in May in order for it to match release times. I don't see that happening. 4.1 isn't even here yet.

3.1 was in April, Wrath was released early-mid November.

Quote Originally Posted by jvbastel View Post
    wotlk at release:

Naxx: 15 bosses (16 if you include biggles)
    EOE: 1 boss
    Voa: 1 boss

Both 10 and 25 man so 36 encounters each week.

Cataclysm:

BWD: 6 bosses
    Throne of the four winds: 2 bosses
    Bastion of twilight: 4/5 bosses
    Baradin hold: 1 boss

one encounter per boss per week = 13 encounters

that a bit less than a third of the amount of killable boss encounters, and while Half of wotlk's encounters were the same, due to 10/25, it still gave players something to do.
    Extremely flawed thinking. While it may have provided the opportunity to have something else to do, the vast majority of players were not running both 10 and 25 mans every week, and the out cry of having "too much to do" in a week is why we have shared lock outs in the first place. Doing the exact same bosses more than once a week on the same character is pointless, boring and lead to very high rates of burn out, especially when content got hard with Ulduar thru ICC.

4.1 is more than enough content to hold people over an extra month til 4.2 goes live. The "boredom" people have run into is in no way lack of content, at least for 99% of the player base. The only players who can say they're bored are ones who are farming 13/13 heroic raid bosses, sitting on a Gladiator Arena Ranking for the season and have leveled a worgen/goblin from 1-85. The rest of you are being whiny babies and aren't ready for 4.2 if it came out tomorrow. The game still has a lot of content to offer, if none of these things float your boat then you better go back to your console cuz you're playing the wrong game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    No.

Because they have about 2 months until the patch can actually be considered late compared to the release of content patches in Wrath.
    I just dont get the mindset of people.

It was not any better in the past so there is no need to improve for the future?

4.1 will not be enough. I would add 'unless 4.2 follows soon after' but where is the point in that, we will probably not see it before July.

I think there will be more than a month between 4.1 and 4.2.

4.2 is a new raid tier, so it will undergo at least the same amount of testing as 4.1, likely more testing than 4.1.

4.1 went on the PTR on Feb 24th (I think?), which is approximately 6 weeks ago.

Hell No. Its weak what they are doing is trying to buy a little time for the people that didnt clear the content. If they wait too long like they are now. People will get bored. My guild lost all of our raiders because people got bored. I am sure they will be back but they are taking a break. Problem is they are releasing shit way too slow. This is supposed to be a raiding expansion and yet its taking the same amount of time for them to release the raids. What kind of shit is that??? How is this expansion a raid expansion what releasing 3 different raids with a total of 13 bosses? You mean Naxx? or Ulduar? Perhaps ICC? Where does it stop with the laziness?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazeyCaleb View Post
    How is this expansion a raid expansion what releasing 3 different raids with a total of 13 bosses? You mean Naxx? or Ulduar? Perhaps ICC? Where does it stop with the laziness?
    It´s mostly eyewash. I appreciate the different settings but 3 raid dungeons were also a good way to dilute the fact that all we are getting is one full raid for half a year or possibly more. Again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is 4.1 enough until 4.2?
    Short answer: yes. Long answer: yes.

releasing fireland now end up killing deathwing for another year. before next exp come.. nah better wait now. and make deathwing the real last boss of cata. show us don't make the same mistake you did with tbc and wotlk

Deleted
    The OP has a valid point. Two new 5 mans and a handful of quests/new achievements in a major content patch? That to me is not major content, it's more like medium. Players are bored now, how long will two 5 mans keep them busy? How long will this have to keep players going until the proper content patch 4.2 is released? All we get is the usual 'Soon' from Blizzard which can be anything from weeks to months.

With Rift out and SWTOR out soon it seems odd for Blizzard to try and keep us going with a carrot and not even a new carrot at that; it's a revised, re-designed carrot!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wxcopy View Post
    The talented guys were pulled off WoW and it was given to the "B" team. The devs are playing the Titan alpha, don't give a crap about WoW, and it shows.
    Even if that is true. Some ppl went from wow to new MMO and they hire new guys to replace them.
    Titan will not come before 5 years so the game should be in paper or game engine aka code fase.
    Dungeouns and Raid are to fair away so they don't realy need their art team or raid team there yet! Max they have some people brainstorming one time a mount for new idea for the new mmo.
    Just remember that after 7 years is not easy to do new stuff and i bet they don't like to do new encounters like firelands with same old crap over and over.
    Also remember that the same team who did cataclym is already working on next expansion. All cataclym is allready in paper. Right now only instances artists, boss designers, bug programers and GC team aka classes/balance are working on Cataclym.

please ... for the 41784751th time ... 4.1 is NOT a MAJOR content patch, it was NEVER supposed to be one. they are just giving us which is finished a bit ahead..which goes with their new policy of more frequent,smaller patch releases.
    the real major content patch is 4.2 .. stop giving numbers so much importance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameplan View Post
    please ... for the 41784751th time ... 4.1 is NOT a MAJOR content patch, it was NEVER supposed to be one. they are just giving us which is finished a bit ahead..which goes with their new policy of more frequent,smaller patch releases.
    the real major content patch is 4.2 .. stop giving numbers so much importance.
    If it is not a major content patch then they shouldn't call it patch 4.1. It should be 4.0.(whatever). In software development a .1 .2 etc is classed as a major/large patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahgoots View Post
    I don't raid, so stale = yes
    Well if you don't raid then no amount of patches will make the game less stale since your still missing out on all the new raid content that the game is designed around.

oh boy...
    its a game,a GAME.dosent mean it has to follow the 'rules' of software development all the time.why cant we try to enjoy the game more that we play instead of accusing it about putting a digit in-properly.

Lol at the people who think ZA and ZG being brought back in 4.1 makes sense lore-wise....or that it even comes remotely close to making any sense at all. It's nothing more than Blizzard saying,"Oh well, let's recycle some content to keep people busy for an extra day or two while we try to finish Firelands." That's all it is....period. Just "extra" recycled content that they think will keep us entertained until 4.2, when in reality, we'll be bored with them after we've cleared them a few times. Hell, I'm already bored just sitting here THINKING about doing ZA and ZG AGAIN. Gear that is still crappier than tier 11? LOL.........Mounts? LOL........Challenging "new" heroics? LOL. Yeah....I'm losing my faith in Blizzard a little more every day.

Side note: More heirloom gear? I guess that's cool....makes lvling alts even faster and keeps you from having to replace gear every 5 levels or so. Although no heirloom tanking shield still? Really Blizzard? Really? Introduce a tanking heirloom armor set and weapon, but no shield? Oh, the wisdom of Blizzard *cough cough*.