Thread: Earth elemental

Earth elemental

Plain and simple, as elemental. Do you use it? ( ie pop earth/fire ele/lust ) do you see an improvement in your dps?
    is it worth using? Or a waste of a GCD?

I use it if the tank dies in a dungeon and sometimes on raid trash in the same scenario. But I don't use it for dps reasons at all. It taunts...

Deleted
    I mostly use it on group quests or when the tank dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankabull View Post
    Plain and simple, as elemental. Do you use it? ( ie pop earth/fire ele/lust ) do you see an improvement in your dps?
    is it worth using? Or a waste of a GCD?
    Never used it as a DPS CD because of the taunt. Proved usefull to annoy tanks / melee-dps on certain trash mobs <3
    Neke <Resto|Ele> | Enalilia <Holy|Prot> @Blackhand-EU
    Enalilia <Merc> @Exar Kun

15+ Year Old Account
    In a raid, it does about 500 dps over it's life. It wont taunt a raid boss.

Overall, I'm not sure if it's worth it, but I havn't done the math. It's like a DoT for 60k over 2 mins(If it lives/the fight lasts that long) for the cost of 1 GCD.

Edit: Woots 4kth post!

10+ Year Old Account
    The DPS is tiny, but we don't have an Earth totem that boosts our DPS, so there's no much reason NOT to drop it.

That's what I thought, I remember reading a bit back that it would no longer taunt raid bosses. Got into a discussion with someone who was arguing with me about popping earth ele on bosses

10+ Year Old Account
    I pop the Earth Ele near the end of the boss kill, especially if it's a burn phase. Every little bit helps, especially if you want to rank on WOL. But I don't pop the Fire Ele because I'm Enhancement.

So long as it's a raid boss, there's no problem in doing so. The only bosses I would feel that it could be risky to do so is on H Magmaw and on Nefarian. On Maloriak's burn phase the adds are untauntable, so no danger there. I still pop Earth Ele on those two fights though, because so far the Earth Ele prefers to focus on the target nearest to the totem when it's dropped, which typically is the boss as a melee DPS.

10+ Year Old Account
    I drop it on every boss fight. Why not? I don't drop anything beneficial in my Earth slot, so I don't even drop an earth totem at all. Same goes for Fire Ele totem. It's 1 button to push for some loldps, so what is the consequence of that? Maybe 1 wasted GCD. As a Healer there are plenty of times where I can afford a GCD.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    This might be a OT question since its about Fire elemental totem.
    Q: What gives the best dps on a raidboss fight ? Fire elemental totem, or searning totem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazomi View Post
    Q: What gives the best dps on a raidboss fight ? Fire elemental totem, or searning totem?
    Well that's kind of hard to judge. As far as I know for both Elemental and Enhancement, Searing Totem is superior. For Resto though, I don't bother micro-managing Searing Totem at all and just don't drop a fire totem at all until I use Fire Ele.

Quote Originally Posted by Agallochh View Post
    Well that's kind of hard to judge. As far as I know for both Elemental and Enhancement, Searing Totem is superior. For Resto though, I don't bother micro-managing Searing Totem at all and just don't drop a fire totem at all until I use Fire Ele.
    Searing totem is not superior for ele if when you pop BL+Potion then drop your ele. Fire ele is alot more dps than searing so best to drop it during BL for a burn phase..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zykenwolf View Post
    Searing totem is not superior for ele if when you pop BL+Potion then drop your ele. Fire ele is alot more dps than searing so best to drop it during BL for a burn phase..
    Ah, yeah, considering Ele will have much more spell power this is definitely correct.

For enhance dropping fire ele is only a dps increase for add heavy fights used in conjunction with fire nova. Earth ele is only a dps increase on fights with no adds (aoe taunt = dead Earthy and Earth Ele can't taunt raid bosses) as long as a dk or a warrior is providing the Str/Agi so there's no need for Strength of Earth being dropped.

Honestly I'd love to see a major glyph remove the earth taunt and have it scale from agility and it would be a awesome dps CD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazomi View Post
    Searing Totem for Enhance, for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the only time i use it is at chimaeron when mortality phase starts to utilize all my cooldowns to max damage, to prevent a 4784 hp wipe like we had before..
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.