Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Bendover View Post
    I just changed my glyphs so that now i have the swiftmend glyph. Now that it doesnt comsume a RJ or RG. does the target that I use swiftmend on still need to have a RJ or RG on them?
    Yes, it still requires that they have the spell active on them, it just won't consume it when you use Swiftmend.

I ran Cata heroics on 900 spirit (~1400 mp5) and had no trouble. It was epic pvp gear reforged for haste though so i had ~120k manapool and 7.5k spellpower. I needed to drink a couple times during the run but it all went smooth.
    Manareg in 5 man is more apout maxmana und throughput than spirit. With currend gear (2.2k mp5 + core of ripeness, hearthsong und dm:t) i can do whatever i want without running oom.

If you have mana issues it's mostly a playstyle thing. Use CC, let melees die in the fire if they choose to and drink immediatly when dropping combat and you should be absolutly fine.

1600 spirit + dmc: tsunami + tyrande's doll + power torrent + innervate at proper times + 355 ilvl gear at 121k mana after mark and mage buff = no need to stop for mana in any of the heroics if tank is at least okay in gear and skill and at least the needed ccs go out.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    As said, at lower gear levels depend on your WG and nourish. If you don't need to use Rj, don't.
    Rejuvenation is exceptionally important if you're squeezed for mana. It does the most healing for the mana spent. The only caveat is to not apply it when you know it will over heal.

The mana conservation priority should be:
    1) Lifebloom, WG, Swiftmend
    2) Rejuvenation
    3) Nourish

I think you are doing fine with 1700 spirit, I am only running 2k in intro hardmodes, and I can get by playing efficiently or getting spam innervates (Raid healing halfus hardmode *cough*).
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Ford
    Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is probably why few engage in it.
    This explains a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Rejuvenation is exceptionally important if you're squeezed for mana. It does the most healing for the mana spent. The only caveat is to not apply it when you know it will over heal.

The mana conservation priority should be:
    1) Lifebloom, WG, Swiftmend
    2) Rejuvenation
    3) Nourish
    In 5s you should hardly need RJ. Having Lbs rolling on your tank and nourish them when there is no group dmg. If they are getting hit extra hard, keep RJ on them.
    When the raid gets hit WG, SM the tanks RJ for efflor if you have it, nourish. In 5mans there should never be a time where a RJ can get full healing out without the person dying with that RJ alone. As soon as Wg is off CD you can cast it again.