Wink WoW - Quit QQn about it.

People always complaining that wow has a 'syndrome' or is broken. Naturally the game isn't made to cater everyone perfectly. Its been structured so that many people can enjoy different aspects of it.

E.g: Everyone complaining about how current wow isn't similar to original.
    Ofcourse it isn't, Vanilla was the first game release of WoW. It was new and unknown, and almost everyone didn't know how to play it, or what to expect. So the game itself was hard, as you had to learn everything from scratch. They also didn't have forums full of people raging about how they couldn't get content down due to this right off the bat etc, before the game was released. So they built the game to suit an 'average gamer', which was possibly the idea they had in mind. ( My opinion, not always the correct one. )
    It also didn't help that people that joined in 'Vanilla' wow, also had no idea how to play. So you put alot of time and effort into learning the game. Thus when the expansions released, you had enough common knowledge on how your class worked via pvp/pve. An you were already some-what decent at your class.

My opinion to the reason wow has changed so much, is because the forums have had 6 years of banter and abuse from people crying about how hard it is, that blizzard now build some sections of there game to cater to a large amount of there customers that b*tch and moan 24/7.

Everyone has there opinions on why wow is slowly 'failing' as some may put it. But the truth is, i believe wow is fine for those that choose to play it. I have raided in some top guilds, and until recently i quit, i had downed some solid content in cata with-in the first 3 weeks. But i too have grown bored of the game, naturally doing the same thing for 6 years will feel like your repeating the same things over and over.

I believe what has possibly broken wow atm, is most likely the talent tree clash. Which is causing all talent trees to be viable, ' Or attempt to be viable ' for pve. Thus causing nerfs to classes and buffs to others. E.g: Mages were always going to be a very strong class, due to them having 3 damage dealing trees. But in cata, they were pro-foundly broken for pvp. So the nerf/buff that came in was no surprise, but the balancing of frost, to almost make it viable in pve, sort of tore the class a little.
    ( For those that think i'm QQn about mages, your wrong. I actually play a warrior, an yes i know i was also OP on release. )

So in short terms, theres always going to be something that you dislike, something that effects you more then others, an QQ material that will have you hug these forums for years to come.

Basicly, enjoy the game best you can, because in the long run, if Blizzard tried to cater for everyone in wow. You'd be playing hello kitty world.

you can't really complain about people complaining all you can do is make contrite remarks to show off how intelligent you think are.

I wasn't complaining, it was more or less a veiw of what i see wow as in a statement.
    It was your understanding that it was a complaint. An also your choice to reply.

10+ Year Old Account
    For people who TL;DR : stop bitching about wow, its gone a long way and many things have improved

We (ergo the players) pay for a service which Blizzard is providing, so from this point of view we have every right to bitch if we don't like something about the game. Whether our opinions are taken into consideration is another matter entirely.

Also while it is true that great many things were improved and perfected it is also perfectly true that some things were much more fun "back in the day" than they are now, sometimes for technical reasons and sometimes just because we are sentimental and feel like it was better. In otherwords everyone is entitled to their own opinion and is free to express that opinion (and where else would you do that if not in forums devoted to WoW).

I have my own opinions on many of the things in Cataclysm which I think have or haven't been improved on (regardless of some promises), but thats not the point of this topic so I will just keep it short. You may not agree with others people opinions, but that doesn't automatically make them wrong and doesn't mean you're right :P.

TL;DR: We can QQ if we want to, doesnt mean you have to agree with it.... Haters gonna hate

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why people play more than one MMORPG... Or more than one game for that matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only pple who actually QQ are the bads or whinners or other MMO players, not many pple who like WoW go on forums to QQ
    unless its a bad class change or something
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

A bitching thread about the bitching was really needed. This helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Exhaust View Post
    The only pple who actually QQ are the bads or whinners or other MMO players, not many pple who like WoW go on forums to QQ
    unless its a bad class change or something
    Exactly this. The people who complain are those who don't raid, or the people who cut all ties to WoW to play Rift, then realized WoW was better

Quote Originally Posted by Daerth View Post
    For people who TL;DR : stop bitching about wow, its gone a long way and many things have improved

We (ergo the players) pay...
    Stopped reading your response after that.

On topic - Its human nature to complain, the only people that really find it annoying and trivial are the people that go out of their way to read and respond to the complaints. All you can hope to do to improve the game is to provide critical feedback directly to the company itself. Blizzard constantly reminds forum posters to email any important information they have directly to their offices instead of making a thread on the official forums. Half the time Blizzard employees won't even see these posts. Its my opinion that people who complain, even people who provide 'positive criticism' on the official forums only do so to garnish attention for themselves. Instead of sending their idea in a direction that Blizzard clearly states will reach them the fastest, they decide to make their idea's public. This more often than naught leads to the original idea presented in the thread to be diluted into a poorly handled debate peppered with trolling here and there.

TL;DR - Start emailing Blizzard, Stop posting on Forums.