Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Korza View Post
    1. Put private items in publicish guild bank
    2. Demand those items back
    3. Laugh when guild reminds you you gave them to the guild
    4. QQ on forums when you get reported for stealing from the guild
    5. Realize the guild bank is NOT your personal bank, therefore putting into it is a communal thing
    6. QQ on forums
    Your post is not really constructive, mind filling my carecup with your tears? [_]D

Quote Originally Posted by Korza View Post
    4. QQ on forums when you get reported for stealing from the guild
    How is it "stealing" since the GM gave the co-GM permission to withdraw the gold?
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Still not your personal bank.
    I had access to 1000 stacks and 10k gold a day from any tab. If the GM didn't want me withdrawing than he shouldn't have given me rights.. at least thats how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by JHuggz View Post
    I had access to 1000 stacks and 10k gold a day from any tab. If the GM didn't want me withdrawing than he shouldn't have given me rights.. at least thats how I see it.
    Likewise. I understand that's not how Blizzard sees it, but only because it suits them. They contradict themselves when it comes to looting.

In the case of looting, if master looter "steals" something, it's not stealing because the group decided to give him the ability to do so.

In the case of the guild bank, if someone with access "steals" something, it IS stealing, even though the GM decided to give him the ability to do so.

Alas, all's not fair in the world.
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Deleted
    wait, what???

if his rank has the permission to remove 10k, he should be able to remove 10k, if the guild leader wanted complete control, he should have set officer gold withdrawls to 0.

this calling GM to be your daddy and sort out your problems is getting out of hand. If he had the permissions to remove something and he did, thats fine imo.

does this mean if i set my guild so that people can withdraw 1gold per day, i can get them 3 hour banned for taking 1gold?

i ninja stuff from guild bank all the time. otherwise it just sits there like some damn WoW item museum. If i need it, i will take it. nobody has ever called me out for it. Im really tired of GMs babying players, it leads to people calling on them for any problem.

Write game mechanics into the code, GMs should be there to deal with cheaters and bugs etc, not dealing with kids whining all day. no wonder I can never get through to one when flyhackers and herb bots are all over my server.

Alas, all's not fair in the world.
    Well than, only one thing left to do.

/pout

10+ Year Old Account
    I donated $1000 to a charity I happened to be a regional manager of (responsible as to suggesting what facets of rebuilding Haiti the cash flows into) when the Haitian earthquake happened, as I figured they could use the aid. A year later, a larger earthquake hit Japan that may actually have some effect on my way of life. Charity #1 wasn't going to help the Japanese, so I took (see:stole) $500 back from the Haitian charity to help found a new one to look after the Japanese.

Nope, still doesn't seem right.

Had all the right to take.

I donated $1000 to a charity I happened to be a regional manager of (responsible as to suggesting what facets of rebuilding Haiti the cash flows into) when the Haitian earthquake happened as I figured they could use the aid. A year later, a larger earthquake hit Japan that may actually have some effect on my way of life. Charity #1 wasn't going to help the Japanese, so I took $500 back from the Haitian charity to help found a new one to look after the Japanese.
    Im confused

10+ Year Old Account
    you got a 3 hour ban? that's it? if it were a few days or more, hell even a perma-ban, then i can see someone going out of their way to complain- but 3 hours? really? people get that for racial slurs and linking "anal [random ability here]" in trade ffs. >.>
    "Yogg keeps sending me tells, and I can't figure out how to put him on ignore.. >=\ "
    "Don't bother, he'll just make another toon."

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    By blizzard's standards, -everything- in the guild bank is the guild master's. If you are not the guild master, it's not yours. Doesn't matter if you're 1 rank below the guild master. Granted, the GM was probably an asshole reporting you like that for taking the stuff you so recently put in, but technically once you put that stuff in the guild bank, it transferred ownership to the GM. Sorry for your loss.

If it's any consolation, I would've taken back the things I recently put in too.

The guild master gave him permission to withdraw that amount, therefore he is allowed to.
    Blizzard shouldn't have taken a side.

^ Basically, he's saying he could've taken more if he wasn't capped at 10,000 gold.

You, by your own account, were an Officer in a guild that raids. Is it really that odd to think that a guild divide responsibilities and that officers can withdraw a certain amount of items/gold to put BoE drops on the AH or buy materials for Flasks, Potions, Cauldrons or Feasts? The fact that there's a money cap implies that you're not allowed to take as much as you want, because 10K gold is nothing, but rather that you were allowed to withdraw sums to do your tasks.

If you take the max withdraw limit and /gquit, then yes, that's stealing. No matter what permissions you might've been granted by the GM, it doesn't mean you have a right to take gold even if you can. Withdraw limits exist for more reasons than "This is your cut, you can take as much as you want from the withdraw limit", taking gold to serve the best of the guild is one reason, which you didn't. At all.

Pity it was only 3 hours, you could've done well with a better wake-up call.

you got a 3 hour ban? that's it? if it were a few days or more, hell even a perma-ban, then i can see someone going out of their way to complain- but 3 hours? really? people get that for racial slurs and linking "anal [random ability here]" in trade ffs. >.>
    Sadly I have nothing better to do right now D:
    2 hours 20 minutes left.
    /desperation

10+ Year Old Account
    2 hours 20 minutes left.
    /desperation
    well maybe you could take the time to go outside in real life land and maybe breath some fresh air! or go play Rift. =D
    "Yogg keeps sending me tells, and I can't figure out how to put him on ignore.. >=\ "
    "Don't bother, he'll just make another toon."

15+ Year Old Account
    I love the back and forth here.

Both sides are making good, and bad, arguments.

There is an inherent risk with guild banks, from both sides.
    You allow people to withdraw, they typically will. I use gbank repair funds daily, even when not raiding.

If he had permission to take it, he can take it. It should not matter what he did with it. There is nothing that says "gold limit to use towards x, y, and z". He simply had a withdraw limit.

That is a community place. ANYONE putting ANYTHING there should be aware of it.
    I keep all of my stuff to myself for a reason.

tl;dr

If you are protective of someone taking your stuff, don't use the gbank
    If a Guild Master doesn't want stuff taken, don't give withdraw privs
    LOL KEEP ARGUING ABOUT IT CAUSE NOTHING WILL CHANGE.

ps - Bliz will continue to be wishy-washy with guild bank stuff, because it's difficult to properly monitor, etc.

2 hours 20 minutes left.
    /desperation
    http://theoatmeal.com/comics/
    Start clicking. Time will fly by.

Quote Originally Posted by WHZeratul View Post
    For all intents and purposes, this is actually true... From the moment you put something in the guild bank it ceases to be yours (its not on your bank) and belongs to the guild (its in their bank now)
    The GM can set limits on deposits AND withdrawls. Since this GM didn't limit the OP's withdrawls he left it upto the OP's discretion to withdraw what he considered reasonable.... The OP then used that discretion to take back a not unreasonable ammount of the gold he had contributed. So the OP hasn't broken any actual rules. The fact the OP actually took far less than he deposited (even though he was given the option to withdraw whatever he wanted) means that the OP hasn't even done anything immoral.

Does it say anywhere in the TOS or at any other official place that a guild member has to get written permission to withdraw from his guilds bank when he's already technically been given permission to withdraw at will by the GM not setting limits on withdrawls?

I honestly don't see how anyone can not support the OP from a factual AND a moral point of view....
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2011-04-07 at 01:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to ask. The guild bank is to help the guild, regardless the current state. How was taking what you could out of the bank beneficial to the guild? Had you not jumped ship(/gquit), you probably wouldn't of been actioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Does it say anywhere in the TOS or at any other official place that a guild member has to get written permission to withdraw from his guilds bank when he's already technically been given permission to withdraw at will by the GM not setting limits on withdrawls?

I honestly don't see how anyone can not support the OP from a factual AND a moral point of view....
    Well, if you want to just depend on the rules via fansite forums, of course you are always going to have the wrong idea.

Guild Bank Theft

This category includes:
    • Removing goods from a guild's bank with malicious intent

If a player is found to have perpetrated a guild bank theft, he/she may:
    • Be temporarily suspended from the game
    • Have any money or item gains removed
    Which brings us back to the main intent of taking the gold. He placed it in the guild bank for what? That made it the guilds gold. When he removed the gold, was it for the guild? No? Then he removed it for a malicious intent. In the end, pretend the guild bank is like a slot machine. Dont put gold in you expect to get back.
    Last edited by Idontlikeyou; 2011-04-07 at 01:29 AM.

If the guild master had the permissions set to where you could withdrawl the gold and items, it meant you had his permission to take the gold and items. Joining a guild robbing the bank and leaving within 15 mins is a different story. It makes me wonder though why the GM didnt sing your old guild master their favorite song "sorry there's nothing I can do". His time would've been better spent busting the bots in Uldum and Twighlight Highlands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myunihausen View Post
    If the guild master had the permissions set to where you could withdrawl the gold and items, it meant you had his permission to take the gold and items. Joining a guild robbing the bank and leaving within 15 mins is a different story. It makes me wonder though why the GM didnt sing your old guild master their favorite song "sorry there's nothing I can do". His time would've been better spent busting the bots in Uldum and Twighlight Highlands.
    I highly doubt any of the customer-service GMs are involved with building code to break bots. Their job is to help minor player issues/grievances.