10+ Year Old Account

LFD Icentives: A numbers thing...

So, I'm going to try to explain this for all of you that are concerned about this incentives thing not giving deeps a shot at the CTA rewards.

For any given group you need:
    1 tank
    1 healer
    3 dps

Taking those numbers, let's make an example of an LFD "toon pool". The LFD currently has:
    9 DPS
    9 Tanks
    9 Healers

With this pool you get 3 full groups and still have 6 tanks and 6 healers left. That takes tanks and heals off of the CTA and puts DPS on to encourage more so that the remaining tanks and healers can go. Now, according the post by Bashiok this is an ever-changing system so there is really no way to know just how many times any role will get CTA but, you can bet that DPS have an advantage given how many are needed per group.

Hopefully, this will help some of cool down a bit by seeing numbers instead of just mounts and pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by madyrn View Post
    Hopefully, this will help some of cool down a bit by seeing numbers instead of just mounts and pets.
    There's another thread like this already, so it'll probably be locked/merged, but I think the issue is that people aren't just seeing it as mounts and pets. There's nothing exclusive here. They are all mounts and pets that you can fairly easily get without the bag. To be honest though, I'm very happy with this decision and I think it will work out just as you have described it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    We removed the Fun Stuff forum, all the Fun in the MMO-Champion forums will now be taking place in my pants.

Xenophics <Famous> - Scarlet Crusade (US)

There are normally as many tanks and healers looking for a group as there are dps. This is why wait times are currently.....wait
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Negrido View Post
    There are normally as many tanks and healers looking for a group as there are dps. This is why wait times are currently.....wait
    No, there are not. The point of the post was to show an example of how the fact that DPS outnumbering tanks and healers is going to get flipped. When you consider the example in terms of, more DPS are needed per group than tanks and healers, along with the incentives which WILL help to bring more of the lesser two back to the LFD, things will even out.

i bet DPS will get CTA about as often as you could win TB on offense 2 months ago
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by madyrn View Post
    So, I'm going to try to explain this for all of you that are concerned about this incentives thing not giving deeps a shot at the CTA rewards.

For any given group you need:
    1 tank
    1 healer
    3 dps

Taking those numbers, let's make an example of an LFD "toon pool". The LFD currently has:
    9 DPS
    9 Tanks
    9 Healers

With this pool you get 3 full groups and still have 6 tanks and 6 healers left. That takes tanks and heals off of the CTA and puts DPS on to encourage more so that the remaining tanks and healers can go. Now, according the post by Bashiok this is an ever-changing system so there is really no way to know just how many times any role will get CTA but, you can bet that DPS have an advantage given how many are needed per group.

WoW, the lack of insight into this game you just demonstrated with your post is so full of fail it's disturbing.

True, every dungeon is designed for 1 Tank, 1 Healer and 3 DPS.

However, at any given time the amounts of specs in the queue vastly differ from your example. Also bear in mind that only 4/30 specs are tanking specs, and only 5/30 are for healing. The remaining 21 are DPS specs.

Anyhow, at any given moment there are the following amount of people queued in the LFD. This is assuming a tank joins the queue roughly every 30 seconds.

Tanks: 1 (group instantly forms when he queues)
    Healers: 16 (about 8 minutes worth of queuing)
    DPS: 90 (about 45 minutes worth of queuing).

1 Tanks to 90!!! DPS, that's how extreme the situation is in reality and the numbers just go up the more frequently tanks queue. The 1 tank every 30 seconds is a pretty low estimate. If we assume one tanks joins every 10 seconds, then we have to triple the number of Healers and DPS in the queue.

The problem is people just don't want to tank because it's unforgiving, unrewarding and requires game knowledge and leadership qualities.
    Last edited by mmoc433ceb40ad; 2011-04-07 at 04:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    WoW, the lack of insight into this game you just demonstrated with your post is so full of fail it's disturbing.

True, every dungeon is designed for 1 Tank, 1 Healer and 3 DPS.

However, at any given time the amounts of specs in the queue vastly differ from your example. Also bear in mind that only 4/30 specs are tanking specs, and only 5/30 are for healing. The remaining 21 are DPS specs.

Anyhow, at any given moment there are the following amount of people queued in the LFD. This is assuming a tank joins the queue roughly every 30 seconds.

Tanks: 1 (group instantly forms when he queues)
    Healers: 16 (about 8 minutes worth of queuing)
    DPS: 90 (about 45 minutes worth of queuing).

1 Tanks to 90!!! DPS, that's how extreme the situation is in reality and the numbers just go up the more frequently tanks queue. The 1 tank every 30 seconds is a pretty low estimate. If we assume one tanks joins every 10 seconds, then we have to triple the number of Healers and DPS in the queue.

The problem is people just don't want to tank because it's unforgiving, unrewarding and requires game knowledge and leadership qualities.
    What I posted was posted as an example and not as fact. You claim to state fact. Do you work for Blizzard? Do you have data to back your assumptions up? If not, your post is complete rubbish. I gave a hypothetical situation to try help people understand that yes, indeed, this quick fix by Blizzard will help and DPS will get a CTA. Probably not as often as tanks and heals but I can not state that with any certainty.