Deleted

MAXdps not working for any other destro locks?

as the title says basically, ive used MAXdps for a long time now to help me with gear choices but in the past couple of weeks its stopped working for my destro lock, at first i thought i had logged out in demo which doesnt seem to be supported on the site, so made sure i was in destro spec, logged out, waited till the official armoury recognised i was in destro spec, went back to the website and it still comes back with an error :<

its rather wierd, i can use it to create a profile for destro from scratch, but i cant load an already existing character into it : \

so is it not working for any other destro locks?
    Last edited by mmocc79d143111; 2011-04-10 at 01:56 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    i've never got maxdps to work right... ever. it would always tell me the wrong gear or tell me to use hit gems while hit capped
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

you're better off using simcraft to find your personal stat weights and then plugging them into Guildox. Maxdps seems to prioritize mastery for some reason, at least it did for me. Read the sticky about simcraft in this forum. It's pretty simple to use.

you can go to ej . in the simcraft thread there is link to lootrank with stat weights i find it very good to check what upgrades u should be going for

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimand View Post
    you can go to ej . in the simcraft thread there is link to lootrank with stat weights i find it very good to check what upgrades u should be going for
    this is not exaclty a good thing those stat weights are based on the gear they have not the gear you have
    just like 359 t11 demo lock has haste as our #1 secondary stat but once you hit heroic gear mastery > haste

you are better of doin like thellamat said and sim yourself it's really not hard at all
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

read my lock rotation and u should see better dps ill post the tal tree when im able to seein as i cant do to lack of posting(lame)

Deleted
    Don't ever use MaxDPS. It's the biggest pile of wank ever.

Simcraft is the best thing out at the moment.

AskMrRobot com is pretty good as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    AskMrRobot com is pretty good as well.
    It's decent, but you better have some knowledge about how to gem and reforge before using it. As I find it usually is rather off when it comes to that.

Can adjust stat weight's aswell which is kinda nice.

I have never used simcraft myself, i'm to lazy for that to be honest. Also I havent bothered trying to figure out how I do it, even with guides availible... :P

If you know your stat weights, your hit cap point, your haste plateaus, and a little napkin math will get you most places with Destro at the moment. Simcraft is ideal.

i usually use a combo of maxdps (to get list of gear outside of raids - just have to mess with the hit stat to devalue some of the stuff maxdps lists at the top), wowhead gear lists (creating lists to search for items to help reach caps or plateus), and any number of BIS lists that are online...

i've never even tried to load my character into maxdps... you could try wow-heroes.com, i guess?...