Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Books of Glyph Mastery Absent From Cata?!

So I've been leveling my pally's inscription, doing the NR and minor glyph research daily to increase my library of glyphs, but...

Apparantly, there are 57 glyph recepies that you can ONLY learn from these books of glyph mastery, which ONLY drop in Northrend?!

This just doesn't seem right. Why should people have to farm Northrend to get recepies that help current Cataclysm content? These books should be added to the Cata loot table, or something! Right now it's completely unacceptable.

Oh, and I wouldn't put these recepies in the same boat as "maxing" your profession's recepie list as a hobby. While low level patterns have little to no impact on current content, many of these glyphs are very important for current characters at end-game content, yet they are inordinately difficult to obtain.
    Last edited by Barzulan; 2011-04-12 at 02:59 PM.

Idd very hard to get glyphs now... Should have been a cata research thing that can give a selection of all old glyphs.
    Books are on Ah for aa few gold each now, part of the reason some glyphs are stupidly priced.
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

10+ Year Old Account
    well... you don't HAVE to learn them all I personally cba ;-) but I suppose your point is a good one, wouldn't go as far as to call it unacceptable though ;-)
    Anyway I know a bunch of people that do end up going back to old content to farm all their profession's schematics/patterns/etc. So it's really not that strange that you'd have to go back.

Asheowyn - Shandelzare - Anessa - Shandelzhare

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried going back to northrend and farm them, i gave up after an hour of farming skeletons and getting 1 book, and the AH had them listed at 500g a piece.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Deleted
    I knew this would happen and as the release of Cata got closer I stocked enough Books of Glyph mastery to learn all the glyphs later on with my worgen scribe and also some extra to sell in the AH. I bought them for 10g each during Wrath and sold for 400g each during Cataclysm.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    lotta good wotlk aoe grind spots, books go for 600-800g

Why should you get some special privilege for completing your profession?
    Upon deciding that your going to take up inscription, you've unwillingly agreed to an investment, if you want to make money off this your going to have to put money into it, just like everyone else with a different profession.

nothing should be done, it needs to be left alone. 800g a book? really?

http://theunderminejournal.com/item....sza&item=22558

2k is the average U.S price, and thats taking into account the idiots that list it at 20g.
    if you want a comparison i'll give you one tomorrow.
    Stop complaining that your a closet completest.
    Last edited by usiris; 2011-04-12 at 06:02 AM.

if you want to make money off this your going to have to put money into it, just like everyone else with a different profession.
    Every other profession gets new items to make that don't require farming old content to learn. Glyphs never get replaced by newer versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Rankin View Post
    Every other profession gets new items to make that don't require farming old content to learn. Glyphs never get replaced by newer versions.
    Think of what you're saying. Glyphs aren't "new items" yet you somehow insist they should be learned by using new recipies? wat? It's like complaining that you have to use BC/vanilla/wotlk herbs to make glyphs.

Also, you pretty much ALWAYS have to farm older content to make gold effectively in this game.

Enchanting: crusader/mongoose/22int/30spd etc etc.

Mining: you're better off farming BC ore considering the prices.

JC: lvl 70 twinks pay a LOT for wotlk epic cuts. It's ridiculous how they buy my gems for 200g+ each.

Skinning: proper min-maxing raiders are willing to pay for every piece of Wind Scales they can get which makes farming those much more worthwhile than farming Cata materials.

Engineering: chopper.

Herbalism: I'd say farming BC herbs is more profitable due to hundreds of people leveling Inscription and Alchemy these day.

There are countless more examples. Inscription is not special in any way at all. Trust me, I have every profession in the game maxed out (save for Engineering) and I've casually made over 500k in less than a month and a half.
    Last edited by Commander; 2011-04-12 at 11:10 AM.

Deleted
    People complain WoW is to easy, then they complain its to hard to get stuff, Blizz can't win. Take it as a challenge

darkmoon cards
    mysterious fortune cards
    relics

so if glyphs never get replaced(by newer versions) why are not willing to pay more for these books?

25479 book of glyph master

greater stats 6005
    lllesser block 9500
    healing power 1841
    riding skill 4580
    shield block 2831
    restore mana prime 1593
    resistance 1575
    viality 1590
    spellsurge 2152
    battlemaster 2292
    boar's speed 3642
    cat's swiftness 2814
    greater agi 505

enchants 40920
    Last edited by usiris; 2011-04-12 at 02:05 PM.

You act like Books of Glyph Mastery rain down from the skies to land upon the Auction House for people to buy. There's maybe three on the AH at any given time, with 57 books that need to be purchased.

And why did you list those enchant formulas? That's all old stuff that was made obsolete or replaced by new enchants. And the current enchant recipes, while pricy, are going to drop quite a bit next patch.
    Last edited by Rankin; 2011-04-12 at 02:40 PM.

I wouldn't put these recepies in the same boat as "maxing" your profession's recepie list as a hobby. While low level patterns have little to no impact on current content, many of these glyphs are very important for current characters at end-game content, yet they are inordinately difficult to obtain.

Oh, and on a low pop server such as mine, there are usually no books of glyph mastery in the AH at all, so buying them is out of the question.

You act like Books of Glyph Mastery rain down from the skies to land upon the Auction House for people to buy. There's maybe three on the AH at any given time, with 57 books that need to be purchased.

And why did you list those enchant formulas? That's all old stuff that was made obsolete or replaced by new enchants. And the current enchant recipes, while pricy, are going to drop quite a bit next patch.
    So why are you not willing to buy books for 800g if they are still current? We have outdated enchantst that sell for 2-5k and I don't see anyone complaining and then we have recipes that are used that sell for 400-800g and you are whining, get over it.

I used those enchants because they are for collectors, which these books have fallen into the category of.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzulan View Post
    I wouldn't put these recepies in the same boat as "maxing" your profession's recepie list as a hobby. While low level patterns have little to no impact on current content, many of these glyphs are very important for current characters at end-game content, yet they are inordinately difficult to obtain.

Oh, and on a low pop server such as mine, there are usually no books of glyph mastery in the AH at all, so buying them is out of the question.
    How are they not "maxing your prof" as you put it? They have no impact on leveling inscription, they are completely optional.
    There are many other people out there with these glyphs, your acting as if your the first person.
    Last edited by usiris; 2011-04-12 at 05:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    just AoE farm WotlK Heroics. you'll get 1 or 2 a run if your lucky

Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post
    So why are you not willing to buy books for 800g if they are still current? We have outdated enchantst that sell for 2-5k and I don't see anyone complaining and then we have recipes that are used that sell for 400-800g and you are whining, get over it.
    You continue to compare apples and oranges. People don't complain about other profession recipes because they know that they're getting them solely for completion's sake.

And books for 800g still only works if there's enough books to purchase. The Undermine Journal shows a maximum of 16 available a few days ago, spread across however many servers they keep track of. It's simply not feasible to purchase these from the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post
    I used those enchants because they are for collectors, which these books have fallen into the category of.
    The books are still used for current content. The recipes you listed are not. That's the difference that you are deliberately ignoring.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    just AoE farm WotlK Heroics. you'll get 1 or 2 a run if your lucky
    When I was farming for the blue proto-drake, I was blowing through the whole dungeon to try and get some books to drop. Roughly two weeks of doing that yielded me one book.

I also clear the hallway past Noth every week when I do Naxx, I have yet to see a book drop from that place.
    Last edited by Rankin; 2011-04-12 at 07:08 PM.

I'm so glad I saw this oversight coming and stockpiled books during the last few months of wrath. 850% increase on my initial investment currently. Only about 100 books left to sell.

Deleted
    I've met the exact same problem on my inscriptor, and coming from a low populated server, there's rarely a Book of Glyph Mastery on Auction House. I've farmed several mobs in Northrend, no sign of the book whatsoever.

I agree, that this book should either be a cataclysm drop or we get to research for these glyphs as well.

You continue to compare apples and oranges. People don't complain about other profession recipes because they know that they're getting them solely for completion's sake.

And books for 800g still only works if there's enough books to purchase. The Undermine Journal shows a maximum of 16 available a few days ago, spread across however many servers they keep track of. It's simply not feasible to purchase these from the AH.

The books are still used for current content. The recipes you listed are not. That's the difference that you are deliberately ignoring.

let me ask this:

why do you want these books?

why do you want these books?
    They're used for current content and I can get any other recipe for current content fairly easily other than these. It's a discrepancy that should be corrected.
    Last edited by Rankin; 2011-04-13 at 05:33 AM.