Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Still lol'ing at the ppl QQing about not getting their precious satchels as DPS...

"OMG you mean I don't get a chance at a farmable/AH buyable/easily-obtained item thru dungeon queues because I'm like the majority of WoW players and role'd a DPS and not heals/tank? Man, Blizz is a bitch!" (makes me remember all the ppl that would QQ at me in /w in BC coz I could herb in flight form and they had to dismount...) Simply said - you want the happy bag - you gotta qualify for it...kinda reminds me of real life. You want to be a doctor? Well you have to qualify for it.

Get over it. There are worse things that could happen.

Blizzard has already equalized this game WAAAY too much over the years anyway. Like EVERY class has an AoE now, classes that have NOTHING to do with being anything near a healer have abilities that can heal themselves...you get the picture. They throw this helping hand out there and it's like a wrench in the system JUST BECAUSE OF A STUPID BAG THAT WILL MOST LIKELY ONLY CONTAIN A LITTLE BIT OF EXTRA GOLD!!!!

That's the funniest part in all of this. People aren't keeping in mind that these bags will probably only contain, and this is just a wild guess here, anywhere between like 20-30g and maybe a gem (which are cheap anyway) or a useless green item that will sell for 8-20g more or get DE'd. So that's potentially 50g or a gem...Unless you're a complete fucking tard, it takes all of like 20min (and sometimes not even that long) to make a whole 50g - and gems are easily bought/prospected.

Furthermore, it looks like Blizz has bent over for some of you whiny DPS'ers and made the items BoA - so you can make a REALLY bad tank or healer, slop your way thru a dungeon for 2hrs while ppl die/rotate out of the group...get your mount that you probably don't really deserve and then just mail it to your precious mage/rogue or w/e you play that can't tank or heal.

There's always a loophole...find it before you shit your pants over stupid things like this.

Well, at least blizzard is trying something, but I don't think that call to arms stuff is going to work. I doubt most tanks are going to bother unless they got some really 100% certain cool stuff, but we'll see.

I'm more interested in that "map" animation people in the forum claim to have seen, but which doesn't show for me at all when i visit the ptr

I don't care about the mount or pet but now at least if I have to pug for VP for some dumb reason I get a chance at them.. Probably end up with them eventually rarely I do have to pug a couple DPS.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psychos View Post

Nobody cares about BG storyline.
    no, unfortunately most people are queue whores and all they care about is times - its the queueing system itself that is flawed and this "fix" wont actually fix anything other than degenerate the game into an even bigger joke than it already is.

Two months affter they do this people will be moaning about queue times again, you'll see.

---------- Post added 2011-04-12 at 10:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by posessor View Post
    rated bg storyline

both horde and alliance realise they need to be able to practice killing each other. so they practice with others from their own faction. very violently.. there's your lore
    and under hellscreams new regime if you are an undead and kill an orc, you can guarantee you will be booted from the horde or permakilled by him, so no - your story is crap

Quote Originally Posted by Kahran View Post
    I'm sure this will just encourage the brilliant behavior I just had tonight.

Just had someone queue into a random dungeon as a tank. He was a Paladin in nearly full PVP Holy gear with a Prot spec. He had 65k mana with 2 items that didn't have Stam/Int on them and one strength DPS trinket. When we asked him why he had an agility weapon and healing gear on as a tank, he said "I'm still getting gear." and proceeded to run, alone I might add, into the group of enemies as the other 3 people in the group stood back with me and watched him die in a quarter of a second. We told him that he shouldn't be queuing as a tank without having any tank gear at all and he had a fit. We kicked him out and one of the other people left, just to be replaced with a Warlock that had a +130 Agility enchant on his staff that pulled 2k DPS and couldn't figure out how to face enemies to cast.
    That story=awesome! couldn't stop laughing

how exactly does it not fix the queue?

Quote Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
    no, unfortunately most people are queue whores and all they care about is times - its the queueing system itself that is flawed and this "fix" wont actually fix anything other than degenerate the game into an even bigger joke than it already is.

Two months affter they do this people will be moaning about queue times again, you'll see.

---------- Post added 2011-04-12 at 10:45 PM ----------

and under hellscreams new regime if you are an undead and kill an orc, you can guarantee you will be booted from the horde or permakilled by him, so no - your story is crap
    erm, the reason there are wait times is because one faction has more players than the other, how could it not fix the queue? also the lore for bgs is already retarded, ie: we need to bravely run into the alliance building 3 times and steal their flag.... *steal their flag*, i'm sure that's just as important as making sure deathwing doesn't blow up the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin Majere View Post
    Question is for the CTA's, can you only get the satchel 7 times in a week? "You may recieve this award 7 more times this week"

Dunno if this has been answered yet , but my thought is that it only counts for the Valor points you get with a random. otherwise I dont see People in the desired roles join more then usual.

i stopped playing my hunter because i was sick of 45 min que times. grats on blizzard

Deleted
    Welcome to the new game of "call to arms ping pong" where healers and tank jockey for call to arms status. Most call to arms statuses in a day rewards 5000 valor points and a mount we previously removed from the game.

Objective of the game is to get the mounts as fast as possible so you can then go back to hanging out in SW/Org again so the DPS cry.

same faction rated bG's hmmm.That seems to me to a bit of a big stretch .I know we already have mixed faction arena but mixing it up in BG's will just kick wow lore even more in the nuts.it's just gonna be werid seeing an army of allaince facing another army of allaince.It made sense in arenas since you were more like mercenaries/gladiators competeting for fame and glory.Bg's have always had some lore connected to em.

How are they gonna spin it? I can't imagine seeing some allaince start bg's in the horde base, or vice versa just seems very wrong.

Deleted
    if you want the dungeon call to arms to be fair, give to locks, rogues and to all the dps-only classes the protection and resto spec!!

To all the DPS complaining about the Call to Arms:

Your payoff is shorter queue times. No more 40 min waits for your randoms.

Tanks and Healers will get their goody bags as a reward for putting up with you guys. It's a fair tradeoff.