Thread: Rogue - pvp

Deleted

Rogue - pvp

Im having a really hard time vs mages.
    Almost every arena I get in vs a mage is loss...
    Please help me!

Deleted
    Class which is overwhelming and overpowering mages is having problems with fighting mages - interesting...

Keep cloak for RoF and Vanish out of frost nova only if you think you can land at least few attacks. Shadow step will make them /rage. This isn`t fail proof though, those ice lance crits will eat you. The few times I land kills on frost mages is when the idiots follow me behind pillars and try to evocate heal, you can just burn through the heal and even stun them to force them to blink.

If you mean 1v1 situations
    Practice, go infront of Orgrimmar/SW and duel mages.
    Its all about cooldown management.

Besides, training mages only works in 3s, and you need a good healer that knows how to squeeze GCDs dispel you as much as possible..
    If you're talking 2s, without a dispeller, you're better off going on the rogue or priest instead.
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

Deleted
    I always go like this, Open with garrote on the mage, damage the mages shield almost until it breakes, use CoS and dps the last bit of the shield, the shield breaks and creates a frost nova.(That CoS ''absorbs'')The mage usually blinks at this point so Shadowstep after him, get in a Hemmo(Im playing as a backstab rogue) And keep your dots alive. When he deep freezes you trinket and vanish, re-open with a garrote and he should be at 15-25% hp. Then burst him with Hemmo/backstab and use ''Premetation when he novas and vanish again. open with a garrote and win

Quote Originally Posted by sithlord666 View Post
    Class which is overwhelming and overpowering mages is having problems with fighting mages - interesting...
    are you a mage that has trouble with rogues? because you're the only one. mages 9 times out of 10 dominate rogues. ask anyone that has a clue.

Deleted
    Yep I have problems with Rogues. Sry mate, but so many stuns are just insane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chaostorch View Post
    are you a mage that has trouble with rogues? because you're the only one. mages 9 times out of 10 dominate rogues. ask anyone that has a clue.
    Then again, 97 of 100 Rogue's don't know how to fight a Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by chaostorch View Post
    Its more like 50/50. As for the OP i suggest checking some vids on warcraftmovies.com for example. We can tell you what to do here and write a 100 line long post to describe every situation possible. But in the end watching some video's is easier.

I can ask you a question... How are people learning how to do something?...
    The answer is: They keep practicing and sometimes fail but you'll be only better and better. So, go outside SW or ask any mage on /2 and try to duel with them.
    Personally I don't have much problems with mage, you just need to have good timing which you can get when you're practicing.

Deleted
    Come one guys, rogue vs mage is just about cd management. The one who screws gets pwned. However Rogues have more cds than mages, so they are supposed to have an advantage..... (if you dont have glyph of Preparation stop being a sucker and put one). I just can't believe that rogues are getting pwned by mages. Especially since we have recup, when we stick to a pillar we just cant die! They just have Evocation!!! so just.... srsly???

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually don't prep vs mages, not even if they snap. Because i generally don't need it.

Deleted
    All of you that "own" mages I just have to bow for and everyone else, thank you.

15+ Year Old Account
    In a 1v1, in an arena with pillars, with cooldowns ready, rogue has a 100% fair chance at winning vs a mage. Don't use your cloak unless you obsolutely have to and avoid shadowstepping the mage when his blink is ready at all cost! If your sdance and step is ready, and his blink is ready and his trinket and block is on cd, quickly step, garrote and kidney him and do the pain.. All about CD management. If you're losing duels to decent mages outside stormwind where the map is like a straight field, don't rage..

-Keep track of his Deep Freeze cooldown and smoke bomb yourself when you know he is about to shatter you.
    -Shiv every time you are in range of him to keep him slowed.
    -Garrote into a Kidney will keep him from blinking your stun.
    -Vanish breaks novas so use it if his blink is down and you can get a good opener again.
    -If he's going to sit in a block for the whole duration try and restealth or get combo points from hemo'ing his water elemental.
    -Rupture is sometimes good to use if you just cannot get on him.
    -Dance when you're on him and he doesn't have blink up. Get ready to cloak the pet freeze too to stick on him.

10+ Year Old Account
    I accually do not recommend garrote>stunning before a blink. Let him blink, then do what you have to do.

I don't have any problems with Mages. Just don't pop your cooldowns on silly things and try to relax and think rather than be frantic and spam buttons. They win if they can force you to pop all of your cooldowns at once. Generally it's a win if you can (if you've already forced their Ice block) Shadow Step into a 5pt Kidney Shot straight after they blink and follow with a Shadow Dance with a Garrote thrown in for good measure.

That being said, it's never that simple when you're up against a Mage that knows what they are doing, so you'll have to wing it in that case. Just practice a heap and eventually you'll pick up little tricks that will put them under pressure when they're up against you.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    I accually do not recommend garrote>stunning before a blink. Let him blink, then do what you have to do.
    Heh, I do the same thing.