2437 / 2589 haste caps

Hello,
    Was just curious how the certain interest to obtain this threshold of haste in comparison to being hit capped. Do you see yourself trying to gem/enchant to meet this requirement? Would you stop abruptly at said thresholds, then crit would be a better option?

Trying to decide if being at such high haste levels (avoiding hit cap/ gem for hit on shit socket bonus's) is actually worth being short or hit or even crit.
    This issue mainly occurs with which trinket choices i choose. Atm I'm running Heroic Mirror/DMC *reforged haste* being slightly at 2507 haste/1440 hit, with 2 haste enchants (gloves/wrists) and 1 20haste/20int. Wondering if should swap out DMC for Stump Of Time which allows me to be .1% under hit cap with 2379 haste rating.
    cheers
    Last edited by Lyndonm33; 2011-04-13 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Herped when I should of Derped

Deleted
    all gems should be intel, unless you can reach this cap. In which case you can try to reach it (after reforging everything to haste) by using haste gems. I am however not sure whether you'd use pure haste gems or intel + haste. the loss in intel would be quite large, but the gain from an extra tick is just... MASSIVEZ

Yeah, wouldnt advise 40+ haste gems.
    I don't really have a problem reaching and surpassing this cap, just curious if it worth not being hit capped.
    would anyone have a rough dps gain percentage on the extra values of haste, or lets say having xxxx haste rating is more or less the same as having xxxx haste, where as you could reforge some of that haste to either hit/crit

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyndonm33 View Post
    Hello,
    Was just curious how the certain interest to obtain this threshold of haste in comparison to being hit capped. Do you see yourself trying to gem/enchant to meet this requirement? Would you stop abruptly at said thresholds, then crit would be a better option?

Trying to decide if being at such high haste levels (avoiding hit cap/ gem for hit on shit socket bonus's) is actually worth being short or hit or even crit.
    This issue mainly occurs with which trinket choices i choose. Atm I'm running Heroic Mirror/DMC *reforged haste* being slightly at 2507 haste/1440 hit, with 2 haste enchants (gloves/wrists) and 1 20haste/20int. Wondering if should swap out DMC for Stump Of Time which allows me to be .1% under hit cap with 2379 haste rating.
    cheers
    I'm gonna assume your talking about Destro. Going from 2588 to 2589 haste is worth around 500dps (in other words, its worth sacrificing just shy of 300int of gems for haste gems). There are several options for you to see what would be best for you, I would recommend Simming you toon with the different gear setup. And then take if from there. Atleast me personally can't stand not being hit capped. But from VERY(!) quick calculations, I would GUESS that your teoretical dps would be higher if you aimed for the haste cap.
    And if you were to equip your Stump of time, you should replace Hmirror, and not the DMC:V.

Definitely download simulationcraft and run your gear through it, along with a few variations. But remember that on any movement fight, the haste will increase in relative value (as the main benefactors, immolate and conflagrate, will be up just as much as on a stationary fight.

Thanks for the replies,
    curious to see what others have to say about them personally reaching higher haste caps (2300+) or stopping around a certain plateau to gain some crit/mastery.
    Last edited by Lyndonm33; 2011-04-14 at 06:30 AM.

Deleted
    About hit cap: 15% is fine tbh. I know Its annoying to miss, but most of the time you wont and your dps will be higher. Please don't use this post to start derailing the thread, its true and has been proved many times.

Quote Originally Posted by Eiffeltower View Post
    About hit cap: 15% is fine tbh. I know Its annoying to miss, but most of the time you wont and your dps will be higher.
    Yeah I can somewhat agree with you there. I would say in a whole raid night, I would Roughly miss about 5-8 times. Usually RNG gods are nice and Miss immolate/corruption refreshed,* havent missed a conflag yet*

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm only .3 under hit cap and have had 20 misses in a single fight so I can't imagine hovering near 15%...On topic though the haste thresholds are very important and are huge dps gains.

Made by dubbelbasse