Regardless of who wins the Stanley Cup... lets all be happy Cindy Crybaby and his Shitburgh Penguins aren't in the finals lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Go Bruins - In Thomas we trust.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Only win that matters is the 4th. Yet, you contradict yourself with a scoring ratio? Are you that daft?
    And yet Vancouver couldn't do it tonight. Looks like the Cup hoisting will have to wait two more nights and only then will it go to the team who plays the best. If Boston plays like they did in the 3 games in Vancouver, they won't win, if Vancouver plays like they have in Boston, they won't win.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cineplex View Post
    Shame..

Part of the beauty of sports and being a fan is getting carried away and it's a good way to let out all that rage. :3

5-1 for tonight, 1-0 Canucks on Wednesday.

TT with Conn Smythe Canucks with Stanley.

See everyone on thursday (;
    sorry luongo blows, hell be blowing game 7 too. you will lose 5 - 0 in your own stadium.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Expecting 6-1 after the second. Any guesses?
    6-0. Nucks need to lose baddddd.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    sorry luongo blows, hell be blowing game 7 too. you will lose 5 - 0 in your own stadium.
    I wouldn't say that, but it won't be as bad as the games in Boston have been. They are pretty much SOL tonight, especially if Boston gets a goal or two more.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Goal ratio being blown out of proportion for home games, and dismal for away games... how's that working out for Boston playing game 7 in Vancouver?
    how pointless is that "goal ratio"?
    so go ahead and keep bragging about your "goal ratio".

Once again you are misunderstanding my original point of that statement. And building a 'straw-man" against me will not work, I will not let him burn.

The original point of my statement was to give me something to fap about. Not to brag, Not to say the series should have been over. If you would like to go on the topic of the ultimatum stats, we can count the number of stanley cup tropheys each team has.... Oh wait.

Now, if we use your logic of " Vancouver has more home game wins then Boston, so they will win" I will counter it with, Boston has more Cups than Vancouver, so we will win.

And don't take this the wrong way. I don't need a ban. Just a friendly argument about sports. Nothing more. Although it does seem like you are baiting me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    And yet Vancouver couldn't do it tonight. Looks like the Cup hoisting will have to wait two more nights and only then will it go to the team who plays the best. If Boston plays like they did in the 3 games in Vancouver, they won't win, if Vancouver plays like they have in Boston, they won't win.
    bruins could have easily won 2 of the 3 they lost in Vancouver were as in Boston Vancouver has gotten destroyed
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheddabezze View Post
    There is no contradiction there at all. I'm simply stating that our 18-6 goal ratio is undeniably a stat to fap about. My main point of 'the only win that matters is the 4th', still stands. Boston is a better team than Vancouver. And our goal ratio proves only a small part of that.
    Goal ratio is meaningless. The win ratio is, presumably, 3:3. That is the only statistic that matters. It didn't matter in Game 5 when the ratio was absurdly in Boston's favor yet they were shut out by Luongo. Who is to say it will matter in game 7? It is yet another completely meaningless stat that willl have absolutely no impact on Game 7 for either side. If Boston fails to deliver in game 7 it won't matter how faptastic the goal ratio appears because the only stat that matters, the win ratio, will read 4:3 Vancouver. Goal ratio doesn't prove anything about a team or a series. Momentum ceases to be on your side after a certain point in blowouts when the score moves from being motivational for the winners to motivational for the embarrassed team.

Tim Thomas is kicking ass tonight.

How the hell did that shot not go in off the rebound after the puck hit the post? Chara with another open net goal prevention. His second or third of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Oh, absolutely.

I have no doubt that Boston and Vancouver both have their work cut out for them on Wednesday, and whoever wins in the Rogers Arena will be the one who deserves it.

But saying "your wins mean nothing, but my team's scoring ratio is something to fap to" (not your comment, obviously) is the sign of someone who has no idea what the hell he's talking about, puffing out his chest worse than cineplex.

Edit: Conscript, I love you.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

You fap to your 3 wins. (Only win that matters is the 4th.)

I'll fap to our 18-6 scoring ratio we have on the canfucks this series. I'll also fap to our goalie, because we have not had to pull him yet this series. You pulled your's twice.

No where in that post does it say " You're wins are meaningless"

Stop baiting. Argument is over, Ive proven my point 3 times now

15+ Year Old Account
    The refs have to do something about Erhoff and Bergeron chopping at each other there. Somebody is going to end up hurt if they keep letting the teams act like that for 33 more minutes.

The original point of my statement was to give me something to fap about. Not to brag, Not to say the series should have been over. If you would like to go on the topic of the ultimatum stats, we can count the number of stanley cup tropheys each team has.... Oh wait.
    How many cups does Tim Thomas have? How about that Gold Medal in the Oly--...oh wait. Also the "He was never pulled" argument fell short there, too.

I could arguably bring up that Detroit and Montreal both have more cups. Guess what? They're both eliminated. You want to ride golden age history, I could bring up the Oilers, and completely delude myself into thinking that they had a shot halfway through the season.

Past cup wins are just as meaningless as goals-scored in a season, in a playoffs series, in a single game.

Only statistic that matters is games won in the series. And right now that's 3:3. Thomas is a beast, but Boston has their work cut out for them (as a whole team, not Thomas) to hoist that cup in the Rogers Arena.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Schneider to start in Vancouver? Quite possible.
    White Knights on mmo-champion.com forums: Able to troll with no repercussions!

15+ Year Old Account
    No where in that post does it say " You're wins are meaningless"

Stop baiting. Argument is over, Ive proven my point 3 times now
    It doesn't, you are right. It just seems to imply that goal totals are more impressive than wins, which obviously is not your point. The most inarguable point of your post is the goalie. Have you seen the mustache he sported in the regular season? Faplicious.

As are home team wins are a meaningless stat.

Only win that matters is the 4th.

Point proven for the 4th time.

HEY, just like this game Boston fans-4.... Vancouver fan-0

And I'm done, enjoy the game, Ill be back to "brag" when we score again.
    Last edited by Cheddabezze; 2011-06-14 at 01:45 AM. Reason: typo's

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senaelanna View Post
    Schneider to start in Vancouver? Quite possible.
    Not in any way possible. Luongo's GAA in Vancouver this series: .666. Ya, he is starting.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    It doesn't, you are right. It just seems to imply that goal totals are more impressive than wins, which obviously is not your point. The most inarguable point of your post is the goalie. Have you seen the mustache he sported in the regular season? Faplicious.
    If you're trying to do any kind of objective analysis on who would win game 7, by far the easiest number to work with would be the goal differential. The obvious goal is to win but wins themselves have no predictive value. Its the reason there's 7 games to begin with. The score by the end of any given game is not sufficient in determining the better team.

Any objective prediction would have to favor the Bruins for game 7.

15+ Year Old Account
    You'd think with playing the West that Vancouver would be used to adjusting to long road travel with having to play in Detroit, Columbus, Nashville, Chicago, Dallas, etc. This is the third game in a row they have just looked tired and lazy, disinterested and sloppy in their own zone, and weak in the corners. I doubt it is the home crowd advantage because Boston, while admittedly a decent crowd, has absolutely nothing on the HP Pavillion as the fans in the Shark Tank make that arguably the most intimidating environment in hockey (although the Sharks do their best to negate that advantage). The lack of get up and go in Vancouver in all three games in Boston is pretty shocking.

10+ Year Old Account
    To all of those who, previously in this thread, balked at me calling Bergeron a goon; I say, behold, game 6.
    How many times is he going to charge Schneider in net while up 4-0? 4? 5? He's already done it thrice.

Boston still hasn't shaken the Don Cherry style of hockey; I don't think they ever will.
    The Bruins are full of goons and dirty players, just like they always have been.

Don't get me wrong - the Canucks have just as many - but to anyone who thinks the Bruins' shit doesn't stink, I say you're watching a different game than the rest of us.