10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khalador View Post
    You Red Wings fans are hilarious. You win games, and everything is legal and legit, but you lose or get a cheap shot against you and no one ever hears the end of it. Z's safety was never in question, so get over it. A punch to the face would have been far more brutal than pushing his face into a flexible glass pane.
    Are you retarded? Nobody is talking about Z's safety, its how Weber acted that everyone's pissed about. Just think of how severe that "could" of been. For all i know Jonathan Toews took a few sucker punch's to the face from Thornton and ended up missing 22 games. Glad to see you're on Weber's d and all, but use your head, quit talking out of your ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Preds got two lucky goals and Rinne had to play lights out. Luck runs out and Rinne is gonna make mistakes.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

15+ Year Old Account
    You Red Wings fans are hilarious. You win games, and everything is legal and legit, but you lose or get a cheap shot against you and no one ever hears the end of it. Z's safety was never in question, so get over it. A punch to the face would have been far more brutal than pushing his face into a flexible glass pane.
    It isn't flexible like cotton or something lol. It is still a solid object that can easily result in injury. Yes it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been. That isn't the point at all. The intent is the problem, not the result. Any other year I am fine with a fine only, but in a season where the NHL is suspending someone every other day for a head shot, it is beyond inexcusable to not suspend someone for trying to slam a guy's head into the glass. That is the EXACT play the NHL wants gone. It is markedly worse than any elbow or shoulder to the head hit made in the normal course of play because there was no other purpose to the action but to try and drive his head into the glass. The NHL just shows absolutely no consistency in their discipline at all. Campbell had his wheel o justice. Shanny must have borrowed it for the playoffs and it is a damn shame. It doesn't matter that it was against the Wings. If it was any other team I would be just as pissed as I am right now. If Abs did that to Weber I would be just as pissed as I am now. Go look at Twitter, it isn't Red Wings fans that are baffled by this, it is literally everyone. It has absolutely nothing to do with the Red Wings, Zetterberg, or Weber. The NHL took their new discipline rules that they tried to establish all year. They suspended players for 164 games this season a lot for offenses that pale in comparison to what Weber did yesterday. The NHL just took all of those decisions they made all year, wiped their ass on them, then lit them on fire. None of their established rules matter.

Well, this may only apply to star players. We will see with the Bitz decision.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Yes, it has nothing to do with them having lost the game, or that he can't believe what a supposed 'star' player does?

Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping Preds wins the series, but it was a cheap ass dirty move, and you can't seriously actually believe it was a dive, else you're homeblind.
    It happened about 20 feet from my seat, so I saw how his head barely hit the glass, it was a DIVE

10+ Year Old Account
    It happened about 20 feet from my seat, so I saw how his head barely hit the glass, it was a DIVE
    I guess the new definition of diving is getting your face smashed into the glass two times?

15+ Year Old Account
    Tone down the insults and flames guys. Post respectfully. Going to be keeping a close eye on this during the playoffs.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    The Preds got two lucky goals and Rinne had to play lights out. Luck runs out and Rinne is gonna make mistakes.
    Two lucky goals, that's funny. You forgot to blame the refs too. The shot was not that bad, you'll all over reacting because you act like the Red Wings are the gods of hockey. Get over yourselves. Stop crying, your tears only fuel the hatred the city of Nashville has for Detroit, and we stick by our boys no matter what, just like you sit by the Red Wings no matter what. It was a cheap shot...that resulted in Zetterberg getting his head pushed (not slammed) into the flexible glass. Zetterberg then slowly slide the boards in a dramatic fashion to over empasize that he was unjustly fouled. Give me a break! Playoff hockey! Red Wings suck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey man, you saw what you saw. You were there, 20 feet away surrounded by thousands of yelling fans, blaring end of period horns, whistles, etc. Who is to say you are wrong about what happened when all the rest of us have only seen it from about 3 different angles on high definition camera shots. Opinions are opinions. That doesn't change the intent of the play at all. If I shot at you with a gun and missed, the missing part doesn't matter, the intent does. That is the part that people are mad about. Punishment is apparently going to be doled out only on results of actions, not the actions themselves. That is completely backwards.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-04-12 at 05:58 PM.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbles View Post
    I guess the new definition of diving is getting your face smashed into the glass two times?
    You say smashed like it was reamed into the glass or something. It was a soft push at most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Two lucky goals, that's funny. You forgot to blame the refs too. The shot was not that bad, you'll all over reacting because you act like the Red Wings are the gods of hockey. Get over yourselves. Stop crying, your tears only fuel the hatred the city of Nashville has for Detroit, and we stick by our boys no matter what, just like you sit by the Red Wings no matter what. It was a cheap shot...that resulted in Zetterberg getting his head pushed (not slammed) into the flexible glass. Zetterberg then slowly slide the boards in a dramatic fashion to over empasize that he was unjustly fouled. Give me a break! Playoff hockey! Red Wings suck.
    Oh the irony.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Hey man, you saw what you saw. You were there, 20 feet away surrounded by thousands of yelling fans, blaring end of period horns, whistles, etc. Who is to say you are wrong about what happened when all the rest of us have only seen it from about 15 different angles on high definition camera shots. Opinions are opinions. That doesn't change the intent of the play at all. If I shot at you with a gun and missed, the missing part doesn't matter, the intent does.
    I saw it on 15 different angles the day after too. I was close enough to see his head barely hit the glass. Everyone had eyes locked on Weber and Zetterberg, we thought a fight would break out, we didn't expect it to be so one sided with Zetterberg diving. It was hilarious in person, and the extreme people are taking it to is just as hilarious.

15+ Year Old Account
    a 2500 dollar fine? excuse my language but: ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?
    THATS FUCKING HORSESHIT.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Hey man, you saw what you saw. You were there, 20 feet away surrounded by thousands of yelling fans, blaring end of period horns, whistles, etc. Who is to say you are wrong about what happened when all the rest of us have only seen it from about 3 different angles on high definition camera shots. Opinions are opinions. That doesn't change the intent of the play at all. If I shot at you with a gun and missed, the missing part doesn't matter, the intent does. That is the part that people are mad about. Punishment is apparently going to be doled out only on results of actions, not the actions themselves. That is completely backwards.
    And if that were the case, wouldn't attempted murder carry the same sentence as murder then? I mean, according to your logic that is.

15+ Year Old Account
    your first goal got redirected off Stuarts skate.
    your second goal got redirected off any of 3 sticks between the goalie and the guy who shot it.

both were lucky bounces.

you had 6 power plays and failed to capitalize.
    you gave up 2 goals on the power play.
    you got out shot.
    you got beat in the face off dot.
    Detroit completely outplayed Nashville and did not get the bounces Nashville did.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if that were the case, wouldn't attempted murder carry the same sentence as murder then? I mean, according to your logic that is.
    Yes... attempted murder should carry the same sentence as murder. Quite clearly you have the intentions.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    your first goal got redirected off Stuarts skate.
    your second goal got redirected off any of 3 sticks between the goalie and the guy who shot it.

both were lucky bounces.

you had 6 power plays and failed to capitalize.
    you gave up 2 goals on the power play.
    you got out shot.
    you got beat in the face off dot.
    Detroit completely outplayed Nashville and did not get the bounces Nashville did.
    I'm disappointed, you forgot to blame the refs again. A wins a win, regardless of how Red Wings fan boys see it. Can't wait to go to the Joe and watch them crush the Wings in person.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only difference between a murderer and an attempted murderer is competence. They're both evil bastards who should be locked away for life.

15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't really say that. I never said the penalty for almost smashing his face into the boards and smashing it into the boards and breaking his neck should be equal. There should be some penalty for the first of those offenses though beyond a slap on the wrist that is essentially what Weber made on that shift alone. The result doesn't need to be completely ignored, but the result alone shouldn't completely wash away the intent.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm disappointed, you forgot to blame the refs again. A wins a win, regardless of how Red Wings fan boys see it. Can't wait to go to the Joe and watch them crush the Wings in person.
    the only thing i had against the refs besides them calling little piddly shit all game long was watching Fisher sit on Datsyuks stick for 5 seconds after knocking him to the ground and nothing happening. and that was where the puck was too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    the only thing i had against the refs besides them calling little piddly shit all game long was watching Fisher sit on Datsyuks stick for 5 seconds after knocking him to the ground and nothing happening. and that was where the puck was too.
    The refs did a good job last night. They called way too much stuff, but it is hard to blame them at all for the Red Wings misfortunes. This certainly wasn't a game like last year against San Jose where the absolutely refused to call a penalty. They called almost everything yesterday on both teams.

I don't know what Khalador's problem is. No one hates the Preds. Hell outside of that move by Weber, I think we all respect the hell out of your team and franchise. Seriously. That is a team that shouldn't work in that market but does because of the fans, the fantastic GM work, the great coaching, and the hard working playstyle. You guys are the antithesis of everything that ails or ailed Atlanta, Florida, Phoenix, and Dallas. You guys are a success story and not a single damn team in the league holds a grudge against you guys. Not a single Wings fan is bemoaning the way the Preds won. All anyone has said is the Wings missed a big opportunity to win a game where they were the better team for a night but didn't get the bounces. It happens. No one is calling conspiracy on the NHL pulling for Nashville because that is a massive, massive joke. The NHL isn't going to pull for a team that brings absolutely nothing to the national tv audience. Why do you think they showed zero Nashville/Anaheim games last year and stuck you guys on CNBC this year? The NHL only gives a crap about their precious big East coast markets that add to national ratings. No one is rooting against Nashville. No one has a problem with your team, your players, anything. The only issue at hand here is the NHL completely going back on its established policies they tried to drive into people's heads all year.

Not to pile on Weber since there was nothing the NHL could do to fine him more, but just to show how much of a joke the fines are in the current CBA, Weber's fine was the equivalent of a person making $50,000 getting fined $16. That is some quality CBA work by the NHLPA to keep fines that stupidly low while the coaches can get $20,000 for cursing in an interview.