Canucks in 5
    San Jose in 6

Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    Canucks in 5
    San Jose in 6
    Shakin' up the odds, my friend. Vegas doesn't like your bet!

Yes, they finally beat Chicago, but it was in the first round. They still haven't made it past Semi-finals. Whatever "curse" you're talking about won't be broken till they can get past the Semi's.

Also Chicago was half of the team they were last year and they victimized Vancouver's Vezina nominee goaltender, took them to a game 7, and took that game to OT. There have been bad calls in pretty much every series so far, so I don't want to hear that as an excuse as to why Chicago was able to come back. Corey Crawford was dynamite and in my opinion out played Luongo and Schneider. It's just a shame the rest of the team wasn't on par with him.

Oh yeah, Nashville broke whatever "curse" was looming over them by making it past the first round. As good as Vancouver is feeling right now, I'm sure Nashville is feeling much better.

Also, you guys are giving San Jose waaaaay too much credit. They're lucky if they can go 5 games with Detroit. They're bound to choke again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuukkatime View Post
    Yes, they finally beat Chicago, but it was in the first round. They still haven't made it past Semi-finals. Whatever "curse" you're talking about won't be broken till they can get past the Semi's.
    1994 would like to have a word with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelic View Post
    1994 would like to have a word with you.
    My bad, overlooked that. Let's say the current line up then.

Also Chicago was half of the team they were last year and they victimized Vancouver's Vezina nominee goaltender, took them to a game 7, and took that game to OT. There have been bad calls in pretty much every series so far, so I don't want to hear that as an excuse as to why Chicago was able to come back. Corey Crawford was dynamite and in my opinion out played Luongo and Schneider. It's just a shame the rest of the team wasn't on par with him.

Oh yeah, Nashville broke whatever "curse" was looming over them by making it past the first round. As good as Vancouver is feeling right now, I'm sure Nashville is feeling much better.

Also, you guys are giving San Jose waaaaay too much credit. They're lucky if they can go 5 games with Detroit. They're bound to choke again.
    And everybody thought that Vancouver would choke and lose to Chicago but it didnt happen. Just Remember on any given day.

Canucks in 5
    Sharks in 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait and see, next year the Blackhawks will make the semifinals I've no doubt. All they need to do it just to buy some more and better players than now.

This is the biggest thread on the Canucks forums: http://forum.canucks.com/topic/211587-burrows/

Ironc isn't it?
    I remember it all too well

Quote Originally Posted by Kofisan View Post
    And everybody thought that Vancouver would choke and lose to Chicago but it didnt happen. Just Remember on any given day.

Canucks in 5
    Sharks in 7
    Not at all; anybody with half a mind could see that both teams were going to be fighting tooth and nail for game 7. And that's exactly what happened. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    Shakin' up the odds, my friend. Vegas doesn't like your bet!
    Fuck Vegas imo. San Jose is not who they were. Coming back from a 4-0 defecit and winning is no simple task and I think they are VERY likely to give Detroit a run for their money.

15+ Year Old Account
    Awww looks like it was a good ending. I ended up going to sleep after the 2nd period. All well, at least Vancouver won.

Still, that series shouldn't have gone to game 7.

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    The City of Vancouver must have lit the fuck up last night.

Grats to the Fraser Valley Orca team!

Edit: oh yeah, just watched the highlites... rofl. Damn near riot in there.
    Last edited by Asera; 2011-04-27 at 11:34 AM.
    red panda red panda red panda!

You're a Blackhawks fan and don't know about the "curse"?

And we have no idea when the series is starting. Habs and Canucks series were averaging 3 Million viewers (EACH) a night. They'll be getting prime-time tv slots.
    Last edited by Xevan; 2011-04-27 at 02:48 PM.
    I remember it all too well

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xevan View Post
    You're a Blackhawks fan and don't know about the "curse"?

And we have no idea when the series is starting. Habs and Canucks series were averaging 3 Million viewers (EACH) a night. They'll be getting prime-time tv slots.
    I like the Red Wings Curse best of all. its only reared its ugly head 10 times in the past 15 years. its called not winning the Stanley Cup

I'm honestly surprised the Canucks won the series. I fully believed Chicago had it won after Game 4, even to the point that I was in bed before the game even started. Now, I'm a lifelong Vancouver fan, but even I know how poorly they do in the playoffs, no matter how well they play in the regular season, and that the Blackhawks are pretty much the bane of our entire existence as a franchise the past few years. I didn't hold high hopes for the outcome, but I'm shocked and a little ashamed that I gave up on them and they didn't. Usually it's the other way around. It'll be interesting to see how they do against Nashville, since both teams are pushing past that weight that held them back in previous seasons, but I think they might actually make it to the conference finals.

I'm positive Detroit will. So we'll see how that goes, but it's never a fun match-up as a fan of any other team to see you're going up against the Wings. They've been dominant for, what, 126 years and counting or something like that?

Points in Vancouver's favor moving forward:
    - faced adversity early, almost lost it, now stronger as a team
    - got the monkey off their back, in epic fashion. Luongo -- "Biggest win in my career, bigger than the gold medal".
    - The Sedin twins didn't play well overall in the series, they still can get better.
    - Kessler played out of his mind in game 7, the goals will come
    - they enter the next series hot, angry, and hungry.

In hockey, you NEVER want to be the rested team facing a team coming out of a game 7 victory. Nashville is brilliantly coached, but i just don't see them toppling the canucks now.

Detroit is old and would be a good matchup for the Canucks in round 3. If its San Jose, its a coin toss -- San Jose is hungry, Thornton wants his cup and they have tons of playoff experience.

Its one of San Jose of the Canucks in the cup final for the west. For the east... dunno. Washington?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    Points in Vancouver's favor moving forward:
    - faced adversity early, almost lost it, now stronger as a team
    - got the monkey off their back, in epic fashion. Luongo -- "Biggest win in my career, bigger than the gold medal".
    - The Sedin twins didn't play well overall in the series, they still can get better.
    - Kessler played out of his mind in game 7, the goals will come

In hockey, you NEVER want to be the rested team facing a team coming out of a game 7 victory. Nashville is brilliantly coached, but i just don't see them toppling the canucks now.

Detroit is old and would be a good matchup for the Canucks in round 3. If its San Jose, its a coin toss -- San Jose is hungry, Thornton wants his cup and they have tons of playoff experience.

Its one of San Jose of the Canucks in the cup final for the west. For the east... dunno. Washington?
    that phrase is old. ive been hearing it since 2001 and they won 2 cups since than.

---------- Post added 2011-04-27 at 04:16 PM ----------

Selke Nominees out.
    1> Datsyuk
    2> Kesler
    3> Toews

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    that phrase is old. ive been hearing it since 2001 and they won 2 cups since than.
    Some guys at work say the same thing. I remind them of the same thing. lol.

The only thing that will break the Wings this season is Jimbo Howard.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asera View Post
    The only thing that will break the Wings this season is Jimbo Howard.
    Yea that's the truth.... IMO he needs a shutout early in the series and i think it would help his confidence.

The Canucks are "hot"? They just barely eked out an OT win after getting crushed 2 of the previous 3 games. Angry, though? Maybe at themselves. Hungry? Their fans better damn well hope so.

Damn right it's Washington.