10+ Year Old Account
    the only thing in the NHL that needs contraction (i know, not the definition) is Gary Bettman... he has been at the helm for 20 years.. 2 lockouts 10 years apart, soon to be a 3rd (i have no faith in Gary or Donald) one. He needs to go.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Fun fact: Toronto earns roughly $100 million in ticket sales (19506 tickets per game, average price of $124) so they out earn Phoenix's entire season in THIRTEEN games.
    Where do you get that average? I would love a seat for 124$ or less. I bought two mid-level tickets for me and a friend who took me to a game last season and it was like 540$ + train + beer

Maybe nosebleed is that cheep. but it's not average.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-08-10 at 01:16 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    the only thing in the NHL that needs contraction (i know, not the definition) is Gary Bettman... he has been at the helm for 20 years.. 2 lockouts 10 years apart, soon to be a 3rd (i have no faith in Gary or Donald) one. He needs to go.
    There would be a lockout regardless of who the commissioner is if that is what the owners want. They are the ones who initiate the lockout. They are the ones that write up their version of the CBA. Bettman is simply a mouthpiece during these negotiations. In things like relocation, expansion, etc. he is more of an influential force, but when it comes to the CBA he is just a puppet with 30 arms up his ass (one of the arms is technically his own arm thanks to the Yotes).

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 09:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Where do you get that average? I would love a seat for 124$ or less. I bought two mid-level tickets for me and a friend who took me to a game last season and it was like 540$ + train + beer

Maybe nosebleed is that cheep. but it's not average.
    Lol i edited your post instead of hitting reply. Anywho, its from ESPNs report of face value prices last season given by the official team ticket departments in October in their team marketing report.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/stars...-ticket-in-nhl

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol i edited your post instead of hitting reply. Anywho, its from ESPNs report of face value prices last season given by the official team ticket departments in October in their team marketing report.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/stars...-ticket-in-nhl
    Hehe. I've done that before!

I see. Well, if you can find tickets to a leafs game for that then good on ya. The cheap, cheap seats might go for that on a slow night, but usually they're well into the 200$ range for anything.

I would love that price actually. I might go see more than 2 games a season.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hehe. I've done that before!

I see. Well, if you can find tickets to a leafs game for that then good on ya. The cheap, cheap seats might go for that on a slow night, but usually they're well into the 200$ range for anything.

I would love that price actually. I might go see more than 2 games a season.
    When you get tickets are you getting them from the team or on the secondary market. I imagine if they took secondary market into account Toronto would be massively higher lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    When you get tickets are you getting them from the team or on the secondary market. I imagine if they took secondary market into account Toronto would be massively higher lol.
    The tickets I got for Toronto was from the team. Gold seating. It was expensive but worth it. Still, the cheap seats aren't that cheap. Just saying. If they were like 70$ i would go every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Depends on whether or not JVR works out in the centre role. Seriously, if he went after both those guys next summer, the top 6 would cost 75% of the payroll for player salaries. You would be paying each guy on average 6 million a year, and they would have to ultimately trade Grabs and Kulemin (who might be a good fit for Detroit due to his style) while MacArthur goes UFA next summer. That said, if the price is right and Burke can balance the salary cap and get rid of current bad assets like Franson, Komisarek and Connolly and use guys from the minors to fill their spots, it could work. They'd have to tie up at least 40 million in salary for the top two lines, but honestly that would be the most lethal offensive force in the entire NHL in terms of skill.

Lupul - Getzlaf - Kessel
    Perry - Kadri - JVR

Yeah, I could live with that setup to be quite honest
    I'd love to see that, but I always think that the perfect player who could be put on a line with Kessel and Lupul would be Kopitar. Don't know why, just feel like he would be the perfect centre on that line.

15+ Year Old Account
    The tickets I got for Toronto was from the team. Gold seating. It was expensive but worth it. Still, the cheap seats aren't that cheap. Just saying. If they were like 70$ i would go every week.
    Move to Phoenix and get season tickets for as much as a night in Toronto. Buy upper deck and move behind the bench lol. Toronto does royally fuck you guys on tickets. Yay for Toronto being a corporate outing haven lol.

Speaking of ticket prices, Spector wrote an article today about Bettman's complete lie about ticket prices being lower after the last lockout. If the owners got their way in the last CBA they would have the financial flexibility to pass savings onto the fans that support the teams by lowering ticket prices. That obviously never happened and they actually raised them because that is what rich franchise owners do.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-08-10 at 02:01 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Move to Phoenix and get season tickets for as much as a night in Toronto. Buy upper deck and move behind the bench lol. Toronto does royally fuck you guys on tickets. Yay for Toronto being a corporate outing haven lol.

Speaking of ticket prices, Spector wrote an article today about Bettman's complete lie about ticket prices being lower after the last lockout. If the owners got their way in the last CBA they would have the financial flexibility to pass savings onto the fans that support the teams by lowering ticket prices. That obviously never happened and they actually raised them because that is what rich franchise owners do.
    Well, keeping fans out because of high ticket prices is bad. Sadly, corpoations buy those tickets and hand them out. It's been going on for a long time. This is why you see empty seats at the ACC. Those seats are paid for.. its just people not showing up.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Last time I looked at tickets for a Leafs game, they were lower bowl and ranged from 250-300 a piece. They better bring sushi and a good bottle of rum to my seat for that price!

Who pays that much for Hockey? D: I pay 120-150 SEK, and 120 SEK is 17.93 USD.
    Of course, that's because I choose to stand, but you kind of have to if you want to join the singing. D:
    (seated are roughly 2-3x as much)

I backed out of partial season tickets this year, and they were only $550 per person for 2 seats and 11 games (last 2 years, probably went up a bit). Having to pay that for 1 game and 2 tickets? Ugh I would probably never go =/

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine living out of a Hockey market.
    Though I only pay 120 bucks for a ticket at Sabre's games, 34 hours of driving there and back, food and hotel. Cost me nearly 600 bucks in the end.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    Imagine living out of a Hockey market.
    Though I only pay 120 bucks for a ticket at Sabre's games, 34 hours of driving there and back, food and hotel. Cost me nearly 600 bucks in the end.
    Serious waste just to have to go to Barfallo

I have no Leafs tickets this year unless one of my friends who works at CTV can somehow score some free ones. I also have no cable as I'm moving in a week, and don't intend on getting any. Looks like I won't be watching a bunch of losers this year after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Serious waste just to have to go to Barfallo
    Sadly the easiest way to see a Wings game.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sadly the easiest way to see a Wings game.
    Montreal would be closer, though I am sure tickets would be extremely expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Montreal would be closer, though I am sure tickets would be extremely expensive.
    It's a lot more expensive and Montreal hasn't hosted Detroit nearly as much as Buffalo has, where it's been every year for the past 5 years.

10+ Year Old Account
    Patches signed for 6 years in Montreal, valued at 4.5M. Surprised Montreal got that good of a deal for the kid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Patches signed for 6 years in Montreal, valued at 4.5M. Surprised Montreal got that good of a deal for the kid.
    Love that they have him twice what they offered to Subban lol.