Despite there being no Swede involved in this case, and a Swede on the recipient end on the Lupul-thingy, the Nash thing was far, far, far uglier. It was pure intent.

What runs the show, is how big the name is.

15+ Year Old Account
    So I've been kinda busy with my work and girlfriend lately. Someone want to explain to me how the fuck Columbus is 7-0-3 in their last 10, caught Nashville in the division, and are only 2 points out of 8th. Did they play the Red Wings 10 games in a row?

Additionally, Minnesota caught Vancouver in that division. Kek.
    Last edited by conscript; 2013-03-22 at 11:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    So I've been kinda busy with my work and girlfriend lately. Someone want to explain to me how the fuck Columbus is 7-0-3 in their last 10, caught Nashville in the division, and are only 2 points out of 8th. Did they play the Red Wings 10 games in a row?
    Mainly Bobrovsky being freaking on fire. Red hot.

Other than that I'd just call it a freaking miracle, I have absolutely no idea how they manage to do that with that roster. Right now they're up one again versus the Flames.

Oh, and they caught up because the last road trip for the Preds has been just short of a full fledged disaster.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the fact that Nash didn't get suspended yet Lupul got 2 games is absolute horsecock. Honestly, that is a completely big load of bullshit. The hit was a blatant elbow to the head, which is already worthy of a suspension, coupled with the fact that it was a blind side hit with intent to injure. The fact that Nash didn't even get a hearing screams that either he was paid off, or that the Department of Player Safety really is an inconsistent joke.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Yeah, the fact that Nash didn't get suspended yet Lupul got 2 games is absolute horsecock. Honestly, that is a completely big load of bullshit. The hit was a blatant elbow to the head, which is already worthy of a suspension, coupled with the fact that it was a blind side hit with intent to injure. The fact that Nash didn't even get a hearing screams that either he was paid off, or that the Department of Player Safety really is an inconsistent joke.
    Looking at it I think he got him more in the neck/upper back then a direct head shot, but still that is a beyond reckless hit and there is absolutely no way there shouldn't have been a suspension there. Blindside, high hit with elbow, I don't get how there wasn't at minimum a hearing at all. As the Wheel O Justice turns I suppose.

I'm a firm believer in you get what you give, Nash will get it eventually and probably be in a lot worse shape.

15+ Year Old Account
    only reason there will be no hearing is quite simple:
    Nash is a *superstar*...ofcourse there not gonna do anything...its not like this is a 3rd liner...

10+ Year Old Account
    edler got two games for charging.
    AND NASH GETS NOTHING

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    edler got two games for charging.
    AND NASH GETS NOTHING
    Yeah, it just goes to show you how retarded the league's safety priorities actually are.

15+ Year Old Account
    Justin Abdelkader has a hat trick against the Ducks. Justin FRIGGEN ABDELKADER. the kid who didnt even have a goal like 2 weeks ago...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol "wasn't targeting his head". You know, considering Kopecky went face first into the ice and nearly cracked his skull because his helmet came off as he fell, it's still dangerous contact. The hit may have not been to the head directly, but it was to the upper back and pretty damn close to the neck, and a neck injury is almost as bad as smashing your head on the ice or being elbowed in the face.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-03-23 at 06:52 PM.

Apparently Kadri was a free agent in our fantasy league. O_O

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Apparently Kadri was a free agent in our fantasy league. O_O
    Pretty sure he is RFA after this season. The scary thing is that considering his production with the minutes he is being given, he will probably be a 5 million dollar centre easily. I think Nonis will take the approach of him having earned a certain amount for this season, but if he expects to make top dollar he has to prove it with multiple seasons of good play. Odds are he gets a 3 year extension at 5 million and if he wants the bigger bucks he will have to earn it with consistency. So far he has been nothing short of consistent this season, 33 points in 31 games playing 2nd and 3rd line types of minutes is impressive.

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 07:11 PM ----------

http://webchat.quakenet.org/?channels=#mmoc-hockey

Get in the chat room fools!

Considering how we have played against Boston this season, I was gonna be happy with one point out of the next two games. Was happy, but we got outplayed a great deal.. hope we can pick it up better next game.

Well apparently the guys have woken up o.O

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Juno86 View Post
    Considering how we have played against Boston this season, I was gonna be happy with one point out of the next two games. Was happy, but we got outplayed a great deal.. hope we can pick it up better next game.
    Nah, Toronto was out shot badly, but it took until the 3rd period for Boston to actually start getting serious chances. Most of their shots were being limited and there weren't many multiple chances to score goals. They only really started to threaten Toronto in the 3rd because our defense was getting worn out, when Liles went down in the 2nd period I knew it was going to be difficult to hold off that Boston offense with having to double shift and give extra ice time to all of our defensemen to compensate. You could tell that by the halfway point of the 3rd period, our defense was struggling to keep up.

Also, Tampa Bay has given the axe to Guy Boucher: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=DL|NHL|home

Edit: Looks like Chicago and Pittsburgh are close to clinching playoff positions, apparently you only need 54 points to get in, which means that I could expect the Leafs to get a healthy 60 points this year.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-03-24 at 03:31 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Well apparently the guys have woken up o.O
    1 game against columbus, i wouldnt get too worked up yet. wait till they make it 4-5 doing pretty well or youll be like us wings fans this season "WOOH WE GOT IT TOGETHER, WTF?, YEAH WERE BACK, WHAT THE HELL?, etc etc etc"

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Nah, Toronto was out shot badly, but it took until the 3rd period for Boston to actually start getting serious chances. Most of their shots were being limited and there weren't many multiple chances to score goals. They only really started to threaten Toronto in the 3rd because our defense was getting worn out, when Liles went down in the 2nd period I knew it was going to be difficult to hold off that Boston offense with having to double shift and give extra ice time to all of our defensemen to compensate. You could tell that by the halfway point of the 3rd period, our defense was struggling to keep up.

Also, Tampa Bay has given the axe to Guy Boucher: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=6...id=DL|NHL|home

Edit: Looks like Chicago and Pittsburgh are close to clinching playoff positions, apparently you only need 54 points to get in, which means that I could expect the Leafs to get a healthy 60 points this year.
    True, it should be interesting to see how Kostka reacts too his second chance in the lineup.

Whatever happened to Tampa, they had one of the best starts in the league and then blew a tire almost immediately after.

True, it should be interesting to see how Kostka reacts too his second chance in the lineup.

Whatever happened to Tampa, they had one of the best starts in the league and then blew a tire almost immediately after.
    As long as he isn't playing Phaneuf minutes, I think he'll be fine. Hopefully Gardiner plays with Phaneuf and Gunnarson with Kostka. From what I read though, x-rays seem good, so Liles might not even be out next game.

As for Tampa: bad goal tending, mediocre defence, Lecavalier injured.

I didn't see the entire game, but more shots doesn't necessarily mean outplayed. We finally beat Boston, hopefully we stop playing like children against them from now on.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2013-03-24 at 06:21 PM.