15+ Year Old Account
    The Clarkson contract is nuts. $36.75 over 7 years. $27.75 of that contract is signing bonus. I won't claim to know everything about NHL contracts, but that seems freaking absurd. Bozak's $21 million contract has $10 million in signing bonuses. Capgeek is the best website ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    I say Horton's is worst.. that guy can't stay healthy. He should get a 2 way contract like Markov in MTL

NHL/IR

Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    I say Horton's is worst.. that guy can't stay healthy. He should get a 2 way contract like Markov in MTL

NHL/IR
    Yet if he stays healthy Columbus is capable of being a freaking powerhouse.

Eh.. Clarkson has the 'intangibles' that the Leafs paid for. But Horton is going to throw down 55-60 points every year he's healthy - both contracts come with risks.

Anyone hearing anything on Leafs' front? All I've come across is crappy hockeybuzz rumours of Ryan Whitney where sense eludes me.

And all quiet on the Flyer's side here... no any real sources other than random twitter ramblings suggesting they won't go as is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VanillaO View Post
    Eh.. Clarkson has the 'intangibles' that the Leafs paid for. But Horton is going to throw down 55-60 points every year he's healthy - both contracts come with risks.

Anyone hearing anything on Leafs' front? All I've come across is crappy hockeybuzz rumours of Ryan Whitney where sense eludes me.

Ryan Whitney would be a bad move. They need to lock up fraser and gunnarsson

Fraser filing for abratration
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2013-07-07 at 11:46 PM.

What in the hell are you doing Nonis?! Get him signed.. him and Franson were absolute dynamite last year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Joe Corvo signing with Ottawa

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why do they keep snubbing Pat Burns on the Hall of Fame?

10+ Year Old Account
    I would call it a snub given Fred Shero.

I understand Burns needs to get in, and he most certainly will

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pat Burns should have been inducted while he was still alive for fuck sake's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Yet if he stays healthy Columbus is capable of being a freaking powerhouse.
    I doubt it. They couldn't compete with Nash and when Mason was actually good.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya but to be fair, Columbus was Rick Nash and a whole lot of shit around him. They at least now have some decent players. I don't think Horton makes them a Cup contender or even remotely close, but they should compete for a playoff sport and frankly, for Columbus, can you really hope for much better right now?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Why do they keep snubbing Pat Burns on the Hall of Fame?
    Its all petty politics. Burns rubbed enough voters the wrong way so he won't get in for awhile. He will be in eventually.

Blue Jackets have some ok skill up front and on D, but they're not going to compete with the powerhouses in their new division.

I know the Atlantic teams were kinda meh this year compared to years past, but I can't see Columbus being able to finish on top of most of them in the regular season.

Does anyone else think that only 2 playoff spots per division should be saved for the highest points instead of 3? Then have 4 wild cards from both divisions based on points after that. I'd hate for one division to be hella weak and have 3 playoff teams, while there's like 6 in the other division with more points or something. It's unlikely to happen, but strangers things have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leafs resign colborne, gunnarsson going for arbitration

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty good contract for Rask, compare it to the extension Quick signed last year, Quick got 10 years $58 million, which averages $7 mil for the first seven years before tapering off, Rask got $56 mil over 8 years

I'd say Bobrovsky was better last year than Mason ever was, Gaborik and Horton are better than Nash, and Johnson is better than having no defensive stars.
    And you know, half of the NY Rangers 2011-2012 team that were on the verge of a Stanley Cup.

15+ Year Old Account
    NHL 14 is going to include an NHL 94 mode. Best game ever.

Horton and Gaborik better than Nash? I would argue Gaborik is probably a bit better, but around the same level. Horton is good, but not Nash good. Don't forget Nash routinely put up 60 point seasons playing on a line with guys who were nowhere nears as good as Krejci/Lucic. It's easy to look good with decent or good players on the ice with you. It's not so easy when you're putting your team on your back year after year.

Kovalchuk retires lol. Enjoy that retirement salary cap penalty NJ until, what is it, 2024?
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2013-07-11 at 07:42 PM.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.