Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't pay any money for an overrated crybaby either, but I wouldn't pay any guy that kind of money who hasn't won at least one Stanley Cup or taken a team to a Cup final on more then one occasion as a starter, but hey I am not as insane as the GM's and owners who willingly sign these contracts. The way I see things, players should be rewarded based on their contributions to the teams success, not individual successes lie the way so many players are paid these days. Lundqvist has been the back bone of how well the team has played in recent years, but he has also had many games where he has looked rather lousy. It seems like it takes a while for him to get into season mode every year and that isn't something you want with your goalie if the rest of your team is struggling.

Edit: And how about Carolina? They are starting to look pretty good right now, 7th place, two points back of Toronto but we also have a game in hand there, so potentially 4 points, but they have been playing better the last 15 games or so. They are 5-4-1 in their last 10 games and have won 3 in a row and coming off a rally win against the Sharks last night. Cam Ward is looking solid, though his defense isn't the greatest, I think he gets consideration for the Olympics as the backup but Carey Price has just been playing lights out this year and he is deserving of the starting job.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-12-07 at 04:21 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's without Semin too but as Ward goes the Canes follow. If he goes down or doesn't play well, they just completely deflate. I don't think their forward group is that great ouside of the Staals and Skinner. And their defense speaks for itself. I'll get a closer look at them next week but it's really hard to gauge if they're the real deal or just surging. My money is on a hot streak though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    That's without Semin too but as Ward goes the Canes follow. If he goes down or doesn't play well, they just completely deflate. I don't think their forward group is that great ouside of the Staals and Skinner. And their defense speaks for itself. I'll get a closer look at them next week but it's really hard to gauge if they're the real deal or just surging. My money is on a hot streak though.
    Once Khudobin is back and healthy, then they'll actually be really scary even when Ward is off. Khudobin was great early in the season for them, and stepped in for a couple games when Ward was off. He gives them a great second option in net, and after watching him last season in Boston, I fully expected him to find a starting job somewhere this season. It hasn't worked out for him yet, but I can see him coming back from this injury, and getting a decent number of starts in Carolina which will enable him to market himself some more for teams looking for a started for next season. Ward's always been fairly streaky, so having that reliable second option will both push Ward to be more consistent, and enable Carolina to not completely deflate when Ward does hit a rough patch.

I wonder if Carolina is gonna get rid of Peters.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Tons of people at this Dallas/Philly game. Woooo hockey in the south!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Lundqvist has been the back bone of how well the team has played in recent years, but he has also had many games where he has looked rather lousy. It seems like it takes a while for him to get into season mode every year and that isn't something you want with your goalie if the rest of your team is struggling.
    What? Sure he's had a few games where hes not been 100% but that goes for any goalie, and even players in the league.
    And no he is by far the goalie that is most solid from season start. its rather the changes infront of him that is weak.
    Like this season as a prime example. Defense and offense were a utter mess after coach change. Also its not his fault the pad changes came 2 weeks before the season start, and this is a MASSIVE disadvantage for any goalie that used the lenght ratio(based on height) he did. basically a reset button for any goalie

And as i've said, its easier to blame the goalie than the players simply because the last thing you see before that puck going in the net is the goalie and ALL focus are on the goalie. Cannot express this enough.

Edit: And how about Carolina? They are starting to look pretty good right now, 7th place, two points back of Toronto but we also have a game in hand there, so potentially 4 points, but they have been playing better the last 15 games or so. They are 5-4-1 in their last 10 games and have won 3 in a row and coming off a rally win against the Sharks last night. Cam Ward is looking solid, though his defense isn't the greatest, I think he gets consideration for the Olympics as the backup but Carey Price has just been playing lights out this year and he is deserving of the starting job.
    Carolina is looking better atm. But defense is still the massive negative thing about Carolina.
    Cam ward has not been as sharp since he came back from his injury and its hurting his chances of the olympics as a backup.
    I'd still want him backing up price though due to the big sample size he has. but only as a 3rd backup after Luongo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    I wonder if Carolina is gonna get rid of Peters.
    He wont be sent down to AHL before Khudomin has played a few matched in AHL. But Khudo has the quality so its going to happen most likely.

- - - Updated - - -

Tons of people at this Dallas/Philly game. Woooo hockey in the south!
    Thats early games for ya!

God damn Mason almost went lights out after that slapshot to the head
    Last edited by Rosh; 2013-12-07 at 07:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully Rinaldo will be suspended for a very long time. Cheap shots like that have no place in the league.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

and you're not bias at all
    Oh, I am and happy to admit it. I like Swedes and I like goalies. I think they are the position that matters the most. /me shrugs. Oh, and offensive defensemen. But that's because I played off D once our youth team had 3-4 goalies and I had to "abandon crease" as it were.

I haven't seen it yet, but I don't know the last time I saw a kicking penalty.... dude got 27 minutes in one sequence without a fighting or 10-minute misconduct?

According ot the boxscore, 10 for illegal hit to head, 5 for boarding, 10 for kicking, 2 for holding?

Need to see this... O_o

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, well I saw it... I get the 17, but the last 10 escape me. Either way, he was suspended last year, this is the type of Bertuzzi goonery that has no place in hockey, and I bet he gets at least 5 for this. If the league wants to come down hard on him to make an example that it's not ok to punch a player who hasn't done anything wrong in a hockey sense (he probably said your sister's a whore or some shit), I could see something like this getting 7-10. Why they'd need to make an example, I don't know...

Shawn Thornton looks like he's going to be suspended a while.

Looks like Neal kneed someone in the head too.

Crazy night.
    Last edited by Greeney; 2013-12-08 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeney View Post
    Shawn Thornton looks like he's going to be suspended a while.

Looks like Neal kneed someone in the head too.

Crazy night.
    I figure 5 for Neal. Thornton, I cannot even predict. 20-30? Even more ridiculous is Jack Edwards defending him

Thornton just set the league back a few years. Should be considered lucky if he sees the ice again this season.

But then again, after Ulf on Neely and Cooke on Savard...the Penguins can get fucked.

Ottawa getting pretty dirty these last few minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh James Neal. Wow guy. No. Just no.

Last edited by Toc; 2013-12-08 at 02:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toc View Post
    Oh James Neal. Wow guy. No. Just no.
    There was so much WTF in that game (so far) I don't even know how many people will be gone between injury and suspension.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Neal is such a little bitch and he just got his ass handed to him. I'd love nothing more then to see Neal suspended though, I am not sure who he kneed to the head since I just turned the game on half way through the second period, but he has been itching to have his head taken off by anyone from the Leafs for the last few years. Sens fans feel solace knowing that their captain is on a better team that is going to make the playoffs.

Neal is such a little bitch and he just got his ass handed to him. I'd love nothing more then to see Neal suspended though, I am not sure who he kneed to the head since I just turned the game on half way through the second period, but he has been itching to have his head taken off by anyone from the Leafs for the last few years. Sens fans feel solace knowing that their captain is on a better team that is going to make the playoffs.
    You're misinterpreting, but I can see why. You're confusing Neil (Ottawa) with Neal (Pittsburgh). It's the Pittsburgh/Boston game thats been batshit crazy. Just watching some clips from that game is crazy. Orpik made a very borderline (from what I understand) hit on Eriksson, Neal kicked Marchand in the head (after I believe an ignored Crosby trip), Thornton went nuts and Bertuzzi'd Orpik.

You're probably seeing it on intermission now, but... (stolen from Reddit).
    http://cdn3.sbnation.com/imported_as.../826268438.gif
    http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net...gif?1386463199
    https://vine.co/v/hQmwr2aI5BX
    Last edited by Greeney; 2013-12-08 at 02:12 AM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oops my bad. Either way, James Neal and Chris Neal are both bitches but yeah, I can see some suspensions being doled out for those hits, they are both dirty and Thornton will get suspended for the sucker punch (though it looks deserved imo). Neal kneeing Marchand in the head was totally intentional, he made no attempt to move to avoid it.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2013-12-08 at 02:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if that is not the perfect example of karma, I don't know what is. Orpik hits Eriksson in the face, Thornton punches Orpik in the face.
    "Some people believe football is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that".
    Bill Shankly
    "You're playing worse and worse every day and right now you're playing like it's next month".
    Herb Brooks

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elgefar View Post
    Well, if that is not the perfect example of karma, I don't know what is. Orpik hits Eriksson in the face, Thornton punches Orpik in the face.
    If Karma is any form of a bitch, Pittsburgh will lose that game badly. But then again, we already know the refs are biased toward them.